What should I do w/ my tfs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by droseprime1, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Whagt should I do w/ em

1. Give em away

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Sell them

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Keep them and sell them when they increase in value

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. set them on fire

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. etc.

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. droseprime1

droseprime1 Well-Known Member

I'm off to highschool next year so I defenitely don't think I'll be able to keep my transformers toys any more (getting out of the hobby).

Most of them are movie toys so I won't get much for them anyways. I'm wondering if they will gain value in the future as g1 (since movies brought many fans from this generation). Or I could just give em to my little cousins.
    Anyone experience this know what to do?

I appreciate the help guys and thank you in advance!

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Give easy to Transform ones to your cousins and sell the rest of the cheap movie toys in a huge bulk (50+ toys). You'll maximise your money that way with cheap stuff. I'd hang on to 5 of your favourites.

3. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    List them in the b/s/t thread

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Sell what you can and put the money towards something like a first car fund. Your parents will appreciate the effort and recognize it as a sign of trying to be more mature, so it's a win/win. What you can't sell, donate to a local women's/homeless shelter.

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    How about keeping them. There nothing wrong with having toys. I'm in college and still have my figures. You might returns someday and you will still have them.

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    High school is no reason to quit the hobby.

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    You could give a few of em to your little cousins, some that they would enjoy and find easy to transform/play with. Then if you really do need to get rid of them you could try to sell the rest, either together on ebay or a yard sale/whatever, or even donate to a charitable organization. But if it's only high school you'll still be at home right, so you could just box them up and stick them in a closet. Maybe at your age now it might seem like you'll be moving on for good, but then in a few years after high school or sometime down the road you'll wish you had never lost them.

And even if you do get rid of them I'd agree with saving at least one or two that you really liked or that were special to you (very first one, received as special gift, etc) to hold on to.

8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Box them up, put them in the attic/basement, and forget about them. Then, in a few years time, rediscover them, realise how much you love them, and ultimately, come to the conclusion and you're never too old for toys and return to the hobby with a vengeance.

And, hopefully by then you'll have large amounts of disposable income that you're not quite yet mature enough to do something responsible with. That's when it becomes fun... ;) 

9. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

First get yourself a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and a bunch of Styrofoam cups. Secondly start dissolving all the Styrofoam cups into the gas by stirring the mixture. Next take a few of your figures that you don't much care for (BB's preferred) and place them in the center of your yard far away from any buildings (remember safety first). Pour the mixture over the figures stand a good distance away and toss on a match. Then start running around your yard screaming "GIVE ME YOUR FACE". After that you won't need to worry about getting rid of the rest of your figures since you won't be going to High School any more because you will be locked up in a mental institution.

Seriously though... Keep some. Any leader class figures, HA's, Main characters. If you ever get back into collecting those will be the ones you'll miss\pay to get back the most.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Well, if you feel you're going to lose interest, perhaps selling them on the boards or eBay (with your parent's consent, obviously) or handing them off to your cousins would be the route to take. You could also sell a few and keep the ones you like most. There's no right or wrong way to do this, though.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm not sure going into high school is the best reason to get rid of your Transformers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking you're somewhat embarrassed of them? You're at that age where this hobby may seem immature to outsiders, but it's still not a reason to get out of the hobby. I only say this because it'd suck to get rid of your figures then have to recollect them when you realize "ah man, those things were cool."

I went through the same thing when I entered high school back when ... so this is just my 2 cents based on experience.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I started college and kinda felt the same way, that my life was moving on and it was time to leave the toys behind, at least for a while. I took a handful from when I was young and that had special meaning just to remind me of the years past, but left most of them behind in boxes. I told my mom she was free to do with them what she saw fit. Then I came back a while later over the summer and she had kept them all for me, and had worked to make room for them, knowing how much they had meant to me. I'm now keeping them all, even if I might only display a fraction of them at once. I do have a lot outside movie toys, so I could probably get a bit if I were to try to sell everything, but I'm keeping them because there's really no need to get rid of them, and for me they represent years of enjoyment, going back to when I was a kid. And I'd love to pull them out one day when I'm grown and, even if I don't manage to save them all, have some mementos of my growing up years that I could show to my kids.
    Love this response. And I'd agree, box them up safely and forget about them for a while and enjoy high school and all the stuff that brings with it. You won't be buying anything new, and there's nothing to be embarrassed about keeping your childhood toys in a box. But I don't see a reason why you have to be rid of them, although I don't know your family/parents/etc.

And yeah then there will come those few years when you start getting your first real money without the sense of maturity and responsibility, where you can blow it on all kinds of things. :lol 

But to sum up, I felt sort of as you do, that I was over it and not coming back, but I'm back to buying them again! There will come points where you'll feel like you're getting out of the hobby, and moving on (people are always saying it on these boards lol), but you can never know how you'll feel down the road. It's perfectly fine to take breaks and pursue other things, but unless you have to let them go (rules, emergencies, etc) I'd say try and save what you can, especially which ones mean the most to you. Your future self may thank you one day. :) 

13. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW! HAHAHA!:crazy: 

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

That's the thing. Not everyone remains a hardcore fan. Some people just lose interest as they get older and never look back.

15. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Selling would be easy but you should keep them. Box 'em up as was stated above. They'll mean a lot to you in the future.

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did pretty much exactly this, except that I kept a couple of em in my room. I thought about selling them or whatever, but decided against because I figured I'd regret it later on, and it looks like I made the right call. :) 

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Its true. But, chances are they'll be worth more by then too.

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Put them away for a few years, then revisit them when you're older (trust me, the "too old to have toys" phase doesn't last!). You might regret getting rid of them in 7-10 years' time.

19. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

They're movie toys. Just burn them and put them out of their misery.

20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    +1 Likes