What Seeker Did Unicron Turn Into Cyclonus/What Do You Think Of The Universe Toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 27, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I'm really excited about the Universe/Classics Cyclonus. The whole targetmaster thing is just awesome and I can't wait to add him to my Decepticon Seeker/Airfighter squad.

So what do you think about the mold? The lack of a painted face doesn't bother me and I may just pick up the Henkei version one day.

As a side note, I don't have time to pull out TF the 1986 movie. Which seeker did Unicron turn into Cyclonus? It would be great to see a side-by-side pic of Cyclonus with his original Seeker form--ATTENTION PEAUGH:) 

THANKS FOR POSTING!!

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Oh boy, this could start trouble.:redface2: 

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was certainly Skywarp, Thundercracker or Bombshell ;) 

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here we go agin lol. it was skywarp.
    Unicron "reformatted" Thundercracker into Scourge, commander of the Sweeps (the Insecticons) and third-in-command of the Decepticons.

Skywarp became Cyclonus, Galvatron's (Megatron's) new second-in-command.

Unicron "reformatted" Shrapnel into a Sweep to serve his new master, Scourge (formerly Thundercracker).

Kickback was "reformatted" by Unicron into another Sweep to serve under their new master, Scourge (Thundercracker).

Bombshell met the same fate as Megatron, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Shrapnel, and Kickback, as he was "reformatted" by Unicron and became another Sweep to serve under his new master, Scourge (Thundercracker).

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think it's generally accepted that it was Thundercracker who became Scourge, but Cyclonus is a bit more contentious.

Some (including Xhairs, it would appear) think that because TC became Scourge, it seems logical that Skywarp bacame Cyclonus, and the Insecticons just became the lackeys.
    Others (including myself) believe the framing of the scenes to be at least somewhat significant, and that implies that Bombshell became Cyclonus.

There's a chunk of article on the subject here:
    Cyclonus (G1) - Transformers Wiki

6. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i always thought it was bombshell, wasnt he in the movie turning into cyclonus? maybe im wrong its been a while since ive seen it.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Check the article I linked to.
    It looked like Bombshell was turning into Cyclonus, due to him being the prominent figure in the shot, but because the two resulting mechs were identical, there's never been any way to be certain.

Of course, this has turned almost instantly into a TFGD thread.
    To direct it back into the current forum, I'm definitely looking forward to picking up the fig. Odds are it'll get a lick of paint to suit my personal preferences, but that's nothing new. Nightstick looks really cool as well, and hope we see more Targetmasters in future.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I say it doesn't make a bit of difference guys.
    Either way Scourge and Cyclonus had completely new personalities and didn't show that they had memories of their previous forms. Unlike Galvatron.

9. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to go along the lines that Cyclonus came from Skywarp, and the scene in the movie was an animation error. The Insecticons could continue to exist after that via clones anyhow. In my own little continuity, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge do eventually become separate characters from Megatron, Skywarp, and Thundercracker.

+-MWG-+

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word up to that. I'd love to see more Targetmasters, and maybe even some Headmasters at some point.

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Have we seen any confirmed pictures of what Cyclonus will look like? I know Hasbro have insisted the test shots we've seen aren't the finished colour scheme.

Oh. Cyclonus was Frenzy, Scourge is blue.

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i wonder if they would ever consider doing powermasters or the turbomasters they had later on in G1. I loved how the concept worked like the little guy fit inside like an engine, and when transformed, became the head. the technology now is such that it would make it possible and easy to do i think.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The movie is indicative of Bombshell becoming Cyclonus, but I usually value author intent over final product, so I say Skywarp.

14. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    what about some Brainmasters or Breastforce?

15. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Personally I like to think that Thundercraker became Scourge and Skywarp became Cyclonus. Their troops were made from insecticon clones.

All this is beside the point as Thundercracker and Skywarp are both present at Starsceams corronation.

What would Transformers be without continuity errors?

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That sounds more like your intent than the author's - the storyboards show Bombshell reformatting into Cyke, and the script doesn't offer anything either way.
    Again, I redirect you to the Cyclonus Wiki article I linked to.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Thankfully in my little Universe Cyclonus is his own bot and I don't hafta worry about who he MIGHT'VE been, just who he is now.:wink: 

18. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

Watch this and you will see that there were actually 2 Cyclonus's! I know what you are gonna say "Animation error" but they had so many sweeps so why not one more Cyclonus? They could have named him cyclone or something!?!

Seems like the head Insecticon was turned into Cyclonus and then maybe Skywarp turned into another cyclonus behind him!

YouTube - BEHOLD, GALVATRON!

19. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    That's Cyclonus's "Armada".

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's my personal opinion on the matter:

Skywarp = Cyclonus
    Thundercracker = Scourge
    Insecticons = Sweeps & Armada

As for the Cyclonus toy himself, I'm looking forward to him and his little friend. I'm happy with the way he looks, including all of his colors, which work well together, imo.