What Scene Made You Sad/Shocked?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jul 5, 2011.

1. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Sentinel killing Ironhide shocked me. It didn't really make me sad though. Bumblebee about to get executed in front of Sam was pretty sad though

2. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

I.R.O.N.H.I.D.E!!!!!!!!!! -Dies sobbing- WHHHHHHHHYYYYY????!!!!

3. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Saddest moment for me was when the Autobots were being exiled, that long road to the space shuttle was just heart wrenching.

After thinking about it, I am shocked at how violent Sentinel was towards Ironhide. I can understand one or two shots, but he shot Ironhide 3 times, and seemed to have a lot of unexplained malice towards the old guy. Was there something mentioned in of the novels or comics that explained Sentinel's hostile and pure hatred towards Ironhide? He didn't show hatred towards Optimus, and the director when she was bitching at him, so it seemed like he attacked Ironhide on a personal level. What gives?

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I was shocked by how utterly stupid Deep Wang was being, even in the face of death.
    Also, it was painful to watch the wristwatch scene.

5. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

IRONHIDE! :bawl :rip 

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

What do you mean with "he didn't show hatred at Optimus"? He tried to kill him. twice.

And the director was because he wanted the best opportunity to pull the rug.

About Ironhide, he just plain wished to kill him to cause a distraction to run away quickly, to do such, he needed him dead as a doorknob. so he made things sure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel's betrayal of the Autobots. Up to that point of the movie, I was thinking that the movie could not be so straightforward - the Autobots would spend the rest of the show protecting him...until the twist came.

The next thing that surprised me wad ironhide's death. Sure he didn't do thatuch in ROTF but he was in the first movie and was fresh off a rather intense fight scene...but his death made Sentinel's actions are the impactful.

Que's death didn't have that much of an impact on me but it heighten the suspense when it was Bumblebee's turn.

8. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I don't know, he seemed to let Optimus Prime off easier than Ironhide. Why not shoot Optimus with the acid canon? He just seemed to want to run away or put his sword blade against Optimus's neck, but he didn't show the cruel malice towards Optimus he did toward Ironhide.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Optimus is a PRIME [like Sentinel was], his apprentice, his successor.
    That's probably why he showed a bit more of compassion [I.e letting him live in Washington], he had nothing against Ironhide ["I hereby discharge you from duty!", it sounded quite a lot like "Nothing personal." to me]

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Sounds reasonable. Question is why didn't you remind him that you weren't his girlfriend.

Also "No prisoners, Only trophies" was the most emotion evoking, Seeing poor old Wheeljack innocently trying to negotiate with barricade was heart wrenching. Also Ironhide's death was shocking in it's own right.

11. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

lmao !!!!!!! Seriously ?!!!

12. newguy

newguy i

When Ironhide died. Friend of mine had already spoiled it for me, but i didn't think he would die like that!

13. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you're looking for a continuity-based answer, Ironhide was part of the Thetacon tribe which opposed Sentinel in the past. Sentinel remembered how much he hated them.........therefore, serving revenge cold. :D 

but really, I don't think it's malice. Just uncharacteristically careful.

Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention, probably still stuck on the Shockwave Appreciation thread.

aggressive - I was just screwing around : D

death - Sentinel wasn't bat-shit crazy. He was forced to cooperate to stop the bloodshed. This is ethics. Utilitarianism is never usually pretty anyways. He was on the ground, begging, and pretty much defenseless. So Optimus just kills him. Doesn't even try to be Sentinel for once, "you're lucky I didn't kill etc etc. "

freezing and such - i see. Well......let's string him and pull a straxus on him ! :D 
    expression - i think they should have done a closeup.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JayEm

JayEm マキシマルだよ

The scene where Carly talks to Megatron...right before she walks up Megatron is looking at the sky and sees Cybertron...he says "Cybertron your are safe...at last." I felt kind of bad for him. It was just kind of sad to think he will never get to see it again and then again at the end when he calls for a truce and Optimus kills him...I just felt bad for Megatron.

15. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

mine was when poor innocent wheeljack died

16. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was really sad for me, too. More so than Ironhide's rather anticlimactic death. I liked Ironhide. Too bad.

17. megachin

megachin Banned

Lol

Mime was bumblebee speaking through the radio "goodbye my old friend"

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When the autobots were leaving earth and when wheeljack was killed even though he begged for his life

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Ironhide's death rocked me to the core, as did seeing people die on screen and be reduced to bones. I was also a bit shaken by Optimus' cries for Sentinel to change his ways in Washington. Finally, Quejack's execution was pretty sad to me.

20. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

I was sad when Ironhide died

I was shocked when Optimus killed Sentinel