Customs: What Scale?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Mathius Maximus, May 30, 2010.

1. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

I realize that a lot of the TF's scales have been a bit off over the years, but what size TF's work well with a 1:24 1:25 scale model for reshelling? Is Voyager class about right?

I know a lot of guys will just use a combination of joints and TF parts and not necessarily one figure and some people will use the alternators, but I don't have a lot of TF parts lying around and I was hoping there'd be something out in stores right now I might be able to pickup without dropping $30 for a used 'bot online. Even if I had to buy say.. two deluxe figures, it's still probably cheaper than some alternatives.

Mathius

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Alternators are 1:24 scale, but if I had to guess, I'd say that Voyager might be a bit smaller. Depending on the figure, you could probably try a Voyager or Ultra.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Brian is right here. As far as robots go, Alts (1:24 "officially") and most voyagers share the same sizes. The alt modes to voyagers are a different story, as scale is all over the place there. A voyager movie Ratchet, for example, can have certain interchangeable robot parts (head, hand, etc.), but the alt mode is approximately 1:28. A voyager movie Ironhide can also swap heads with an Alt, but his alt mode is actually between 1:28 and 1:32, leaning closer to 1:32. RotF Starscream and Mindwipe's alt modes aren't even close to 1:24 :lol 

4. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    and correct me if I'm wrong, isn't classics prime like a 1/50 scale or close to it?

5. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
  6. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

I been looking at some of those, but they want $15 for hands or ball joints or whatever, when I can buy a whole figure for that price. <shrug> I'm not in a hurry. I haven't done a custom in about 5 years and never a TF, so I can afford to be patient.

Mathius

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The stuff they're selling is very high quality, so the price is somewhat justified.