What repaints/retools do you want for Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given that we're supposed to get 40 Generations figures next year, it's inevitable that some of them will be repaints/retools of Classics-style molds. What are some that you would want? They can be logical ones that would give us Classics versions of characters we've been wanting, or they can be random ones that you just think would be cool.

My list:

-Classics Bumblebee retooled into a Cliffjumper done right, with a new head, a retooled front end and spoiler, and a big gun instead of the jet ski trailer
    -RTS Perceptor repainted into Reflector
    -Generations Drift (with Blurr's guns) repainted into Deadlock
    -RTS Lugnut repainted to look like this bomber:
    [​IMG]
    -HFTD Highbrow repainted to look like this fighter:
    [​IMG]
    -Generations Red Alert repainted to look like this police car:
    [​IMG]
    -RTS Jazz remolded so that his vehicle mode resembles an Aston Martin Vanquish:
    [​IMG]
    The shape of Jazz's vehicle mode is quite similar, so they'd just have to change the front end, the wheels, and the back end, add vents on the hood and sides, and get rid of the spoiler, along with a few other much more minor things. They should also swap out the speakers for guns or missile launchers. He'd basically be James Bond as a Transformer.

2. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

RTS Jazz as Nightbeat
    Warpath as Hardhead (seen a hint at this)
    Lugnut w/ new head as Jhiaxus
    Straxus as Impactor
    Kup as G2 Electro

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I'd like to finally get that Scourge remold/repaint that was hinted at.
    Also, G2 Prime recolored into RID Scourge and Kup remolded into Dion... Or Gears.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Why not do retools of toys from other lines? For example Cybertron Optimus into God Ginrai.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Kup into Gears
    Warpath into Hardhead
    WFC Jazz into Chromedome
    Scourge into Devcon/Alpha Trion
    RTS Prime into Scourge
    Perceptor into Soundwave!!!

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scourge -> Alpha Trion.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Kup-> Anybody BUT Gears. Gears would be better off sharing a mold with Brawn (or, seeing as how awesome the new comics are, lets just keep his moldmate as Swerve)
    Scourge-> Ratbat

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot to put these on my list, but I'd love to get these too.

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Warpath into Gutcruncher
    Scourge into Devcon
    Ramjet into Gobot Fitor
    Any other re-decoes or re-molds that would result in more Gobot homages.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Warpath as Hardhead
    Jazz as Ricochet
    Drift as Deadlock
    Perceptor as Reflector
    A future Blitzwing as Flywheels
    Scourge as Ratbat

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Hound into Ironfist (or whatever they need to call him)

12. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perceptor or WFC Soundwave as Blaster
    WfC Optimus as Ultra Magnus

Past that, I don't know.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Seekers into Aerialbots

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Any and all Classics figs. I'm a nerd for repaints/remolds. Just keep that A/E/C shit out of it for a while.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RTS Perceptor into Soundwave

After seeing several customs that have done it, it just makes entirely too much sense and works far better than the rumored Reflector repaint ever will. In my opinion anyway.

Classics Mirage into Drag Strip (proper wide retail release)
    RTS Jazz into Dead End
    Universe Hound into Swindle
    Universe Sideswipe into Breakdown

All the molds necessary for a non-combining Stunticon team (which I'm more than fine with), and a good excuse to finally make an Ultra sized Motormaster to go along with Onslaught & Silverbolt

16. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

hmmm,repainting most autobot cars,if cost effective,i'd rather see them as new molds (hey,we had FOC Bruticus,and it looks decent,heck i prefer a combining menasor over just stunticon homage repaints.)

But back to topic with generations repaints,might be a little list with some concepts i thought up of over the years.

-Generations Perceptor as Mainframe (yeah,replace the red with green,make a new head based on the action master and you basicly have a good update for the guy.)

-RTS Lugnut as "Decepticon" Gunbarrel (well i think that would be a fitting retool for lugnut,giving homage to Armada with a few nods to his unreleased movie incarnation. give him some 5mm goodness in his knuckles and wings,and throw in a mechtech weapon (more preferably jolt's,mainly because it's blocky enough to get away as a g1 weapon,also lugnut lacked a separate weapon himself,and i like adding extra playability in my toys) give him a new armada based noggin and there we go!

-Rts/United Frenzy and Rumble as Dualor and Ascentor:
    I mean,does anyone think of doing this? i mean they have similar form in both robot and vehicle mode,just put in a new head (based on the armada dualor head ofcourse) dualor's colors would be based on his road wrecker colors (to prevent confusion with frenzy... or is it rumble? this is rather confusing.) while Ascentor uses his usual colors (based on the cybertron minicon of the same name)

Rts Windcharger as Oval,Nightscreen and Tailgate
    All Three having a new retooled head,you can tell why i picked Armada minicons Oval and Nightscream homages for it it mostly comes from the similarities in robot mode. so basicly yay for more minicon upgrades!

Universe 2.0 Prowl/Smokescreen/Silverstreak as "Autobot Neutron":
    A orange-y yellow and red repaint based on Natron from the tyco transformers Electric Racing Set.

Generations Drift/Blurr mold
    Spychanger Slywire: (Based on the R.I.D Spychanger Sideswipe,the it will have the blurr vehicle mode and sniper rifle tooling while he also get's drift's head and daggers)

The Rts/Generations Tracks/wheeljack mold as:
    Daytonus:
    DAYTONUS!,Lets go away!. like come on,it would work nicely,people ask a predictable black repaint as the R.I.D Decepticon Scourge,but never thought of daytonus? THE DAYTONUS? ofcourse most parts for robot mode will be based on turbo tracks (with a new head) along with using wheeljack's "vehicle mode" parts. add in a new head based on the spychanger and there we go.

Backstreet:
    also a obvious repaint idea. it would just be a repaint of turbo tracks (maybe some parts from wheeljack,to make the front of the car his feet,just like the original toy!)

RTS/Generations/United Junkion mold as:

G2 Roadrocket (using scraphead's head mold,and some clever head coloring you can make the g2 autobot with ease!)

RTS G2 Optimus as:
    Autobot Overload (With new head mold,the colors would be based mostly on the energon two pack overload,to prevent confusion with SG Ultra Magnus. should include a retool of dotm prime's trailer)

Classics G1 Deluxe Prime as:
    Pre-g2 Optimus (mostly based on the first generation 2 version ot the autobot leader,added some mayor retooling,including a use of the DOTM Prime trailer (with retooling of the guns from g2 optimus prime)

Universe 2.0 Hot Shot as:
    "Aquaspeeder Jetstorm" (a homage to the g2 autobot,a new head and uses the henkei hotshot tooling)

"Powerlinx hotshot" (mostly uses colors based on the super mode colors of the energon incarnation of hotshot,also uses the henkei tooling of the toy)

Other:

Energon Demolishor as Landfill (based on whitemocha's concept. mostly includes some mayor retooling to remove the depeticon logo and a new head,to keep with tradition with double targetmasters,he comes with repaints of pcc caliburst and Backwind as his partners Flintlock and Silencer.

Hftd/Dotm Tomahawk/Vortex as Targetmaster Spinister (Mostly a public release version of the mold with repaints of pcc Chainclaw and Airlift as Singe and Burn.

Cybertron Quickmix in g1 colors,plus a repaint of pcc Throttler as "Spelunker"

Cybertron Crosswise as "Decepticon Freezon" (Colored after the decepticon fembot from the tyco transformers Electric Racing Set. comes with the decepticon version of the minicon ported cyberkey,includes a repaint pcc chainclaw as "Minicon Rebound"

Deathcobra from dotm skyhammer: i know,it's a movie toy and must not be part of a classics line,but hear me at this,since when Deathcobra ever had a toy? well never actually,heck its a decent choice. it haves the vehicle mode just right,just slap in a new noggin,a new color scheme and we got the very first deathcobra toy!

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Windcharger into Tailgate.

18. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Botcon is pretty much already giving us that:

[​IMG]

While it isn't 100% perfect, it is pretty dead on.

Ooh, that could work.

19. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

That doesnt seem too nightbeatish to me

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    I don't know. With the exception of the head, he looks a lot like Nightbeat.