What repaints/redecos have you bought, and why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PropaneProphet, Dec 24, 2010.

1. PropaneProphet

PropaneProphet Well-Known Member

Minicon Team - Forget the name, had all missiles (Bonecrusher, one with a spring, and one with two, missiles) - Actually not too sure why I bought them, guess I just wanted a lot of mini-cons.

Energon Saber Minicon team - A redeco, was tighter and didnt fall apare to the Star Saber I had.

Elita-Chromia sadly...

Blurr/Drift Generations : was different enough to warrant a purchase

Cannon and Preview Bumblebee...

Considering Strafe, and just got Mindwipe wipe today but I honestly like the Autobot wing symbol.
    (Secret help me decide whether or not to buy RtS Strafe topic)

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, let's see (btw, I'm only mentioning repaints/retools of toys I already have):

- Energon Blight and Stormcloud= came with the rest of the Bruticus Maximus parts, and they were necessary for the gestalt.

- Transmetal 2 Prowl= have both versions because I love that toy.

And I'll probably be getting PCC Salvage, providing they fix the hip issue.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Y'know, I've got a rule about not buying repaints of molds that I own (Seekers obviously being an exception), but somehow I've got quite a few repaints, although some of them I din't buy. However, cases of where my will has failed me thus far and I bought the same figure over again:

-Electrostatic Soundwave w/ Ratbat - I don't know why, but I LOVE the Animated Soundwave mold. So, when the Soundblaster-esque version with Ratbat came out with another awesome deco that DIDN'T have a sticky paint issue on the robot's back, I had to get him. Plus, the two do look pretty cool together.

-ROTF Armorhide - Movie Landmine is easily one of THE most poseable standard Deluxe figure of all time bar none, and one of the most awesome figures to just play around with. So, when another version came out, I had to buy it and partner him up with Landmine. Doesn't help that their numbering sort of fits together (Armorhide has the number "50", Landmine has the number "52")

- Universe 2.0 Starscream/Generations Thrust / Generations Dirge - Amusingly, the first Classics Seeker of mine was actually Acid Storm, but that doesn't change the fact I basically have FOUR of the same mold. And when Thundercracker comes around, I will buy him too on sight.

- G1 Silverstreak Commemerative Re-issue - only because he was a repaint of Commemerative Prowl, who I already owned. I'm only missing a G1 Smokescreen to complete the set.

All the other redecos I have were gifts. Especially my Movie Dreadwing and Hooligan, BOTH of whom were Christmas presents.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    ROTF Cannon/Battlefield Bee - Needed the Soundwave, patch and redemption thing. Plus it was on sale.

Onslaught/Hardhead - Bought Onslaught for $10 and used the left over money to purchase Hardhead ... after seeing the sales thread here, I don't regret it.

G1 Bee/Cliffy - Count? They were together for $10 shipped. How could you say "no"?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I buy any redeco that I like. Not much point in elaborating on that.

6. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I have LOTS of re-decos, re-colors, re-tools etc. Re-colors have been a part of TFs from day 1. Some I pass with a scoff, others I have actively sought after. Most recently would have to be the universe2.0 Sunstreaker mold. I couldnt wait for Red Alert to be released. There are lots of examples in my collection. LOTS.

7. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Rodimus Classics, CaC, sons of cybertron and getting ehobby 2011 blue one. I really like rodimus.

8. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only redeco I bought of a mold I already owned would be Animated Cliffjumper, and Purple Shockwave when it was 5 dollars for a few hours.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Too many to list. Sometimes a repaint is just too awesome to resist.

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I grabbed an ROTF Sideswipe for something like five bucks because I'm a sucker for on-screen characters. I had previously gotten Swerve because I wanted one of that mold.

11. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I'm really against getting repaints unless they retooled something big (Classics Seekers get a free pass on this rule) so I don't have a lot. I do have Classics Ultra Magnus but that's because I don't have Classics Optimus Prime.
    Recently I picked up Skullgrin but it was a real tough call. I had bought Straxus, and I like the figure, but I was kicking myself when I found out there was going to be a repaint with a better color scheme and a cooler head. I sort of transform Straxus and Skullgrin differently to sort of justify owning 2 of the same mold to myself. :p 

12. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I preordered Wheeljack even before receiving Tracks just because I was impressed with what I've seen of both in pictures. Hell.. Tracks is thus far even more stunning in person than I imagined he would be.

I've also grown quite fond of Generations Blurr and I am debating on grabbing one even though I still think Drift whom I already have is the better fit to the mold, and Animated Blurr is my number one figure of him. It's just that the Animated cybertronian car is a rough fit with my Earth-mode Autobots.

13. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

ROTF (Master of Metallikoto) Bludgeon.
    Movie 1 Wreckage in concept Stryker deco = pure win!

HFD Firetrap. Much more realistic deco than Scattorshot

Alternity Skywarp. Nice original TF. Best head sculpt of the series...

ALL ROTF / HFD scout bikes. Thank you Knockout!

ROTF / HFD Sideways (from the Target exclusive set).
    Less pinky red and more paint apps...

Buster Optimus Prime. The BEST repaint. Ever...

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think the last straight redeco I got was either Banzai-Tron or the Challenge at Cybertron 3-pack. Loved the variance in colors, particularly on Cyclonus and Banzai-Tron

You know...that actually makes me happy and very grateful that Hasbro is going the extra steps with alternate heads and remolds. Unlike that deluge of movie figure repaints that came out at the start of the HFTD/AA campaign.

Generations is soooooooo mint. :D 

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

When I buy a repaint I'm looking for something that appeals to me visually and that seems like a different character in that color. Some molds and some colors are great for this but some colors and some molds just don't cut it.

Repaints also have to belong the same faction. Just doesn't work me to have the same mold as both a Decepticon and an Autobot if the only thing that was changed was the color. A new head is enough but repainting alone will not cut it.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    animated ironhide and swerve. why ironhide is awesome and swerve is used as a g1 colored movie sideswipe.

17. sacha88

sacha88 Well-Known Member

I got both Drift and Blurr. I bought Blurr because it's an awesome mold, and with the new head, new weapons, and slight remolding I thought it was way worth a pickup. I also have purchased the seeker mold a few times over.

18. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    If it's a main character, or a cool enough redeco or remold I'll grab it. At the end of this year I've finally been able to start rebuilding my collection after selling most of it a couple
    of years ago. So far I've only doubled up on one mold with Drift and Blurr. I kinda like the twin idea too like with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. I was looking for Straxus when I came upon Skullgrin. I'm quite pleased with the grey.

19. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i also got skullgrin and straxus too. got wfc bumble bee and cliff jumper.

20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, the only reason I don't buy a repaint/remold of something is because the paint job or anything else new takes the figure down a notch compared to other versions...and considering how many I own at this point, it's hard to do that given my varied tastes.

At this point I own at least one version of most molds to be made since the start of the Beast era.