Customs: What paint should I use to fix C-Prime's cyber key?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thefrozenred, Aug 24, 2005.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I would much prefer my Cybertron Prime's "cyber key" to have those gold details present on Galaxy Convoy's force chip...however, I have no idea which paint is ideal for such a task, and I'd greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance. :) 

2. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i would go with acrylic brush with a brush on glosscoat so as not to cover unpainted plastic with paint or gloss. hope it helps.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just used some gold "Testor" paint that I brushed on with a regular acrylic paint brush. Ha..it's cool to know that I wasn't the only fan irritated by no gold on the key. And I have to admit that it looks so much better with it!!! Good luck!

4. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I've heard gold or silver sharpies work well for touching up the cyber keys.

5. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Thanks everyone, I think I'll go check out the paints you all mentioned tomorrow. :) 

And DtA, I've tried the silver sharpies on other TFs in the past, and while it DOES make a nice silver coat, it takes awhile and often leaves streaks (for me, at least) unless I'm ridiculously thorough and go over my coats several times. Thanks for the heads up anyway, though. :)