What number of movies do you want?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tm11176, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    this

2. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

To clarify, what they need is a new story, not a new history. Every comic book or movie franchise has seen multiple reboots. Although I am used to them, I can only think of three in my lifetime that have been more than a dodge used by lazy or overworked writers. (For the record, the good ones were the Pérez Wonder Woman reboot and the Cavalieri and Staton Huntress reboot, and the Christopher Nolan Batman reboot.) The problem is that most reboots almost immediately run out of steam because their "energy" or "interest" comes out of rewriting history and adding a couple new "powers" or whizbang gimmicks to explore--not from developing a new and engaging plot and storyline.

For example: did they need to reboot First Blood because the character was complex and ended up in jail? No, they just came up with the idea for Rambo. The Transformers 4+ can take place on Earth (or at least start there) with the remining cast from DOTM and add any of the hundreds of remaining Transformers. The tough part is coming up with a professionally-written, innovative story. As an example (only), do you think Zak Penn (writer of the original screenplay for The Avengers movie), if he was turned down by Joss Whedon, could have rewritten it successfully for a Transformers cast? I think he could have and it would have likely been better than what we have seen to date.

3. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

10 trillion.

Actually. 4 then wait and reboot with 2 movies

4. Heavynova

Heavynova Oh, the nostalgia...

I wonder if everyone realizes that OP will stop making threads if you all stop feeding into him. Quit feeding the beast.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just 4.