What non-G1 characters would you like added to G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thundershot, May 11, 2010.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We see the reverse all the time. G1 characters are constantly being reworked and put into other series'. But how often do we see the reverse? Seeing game images of Demolishor and Slipstream makes me wonder who else fans would like... Those are two on my list, sooo..

Demolishor
    Slipstream
    Tidal Wave
    Hot Shot
    Lugnut
    Bulkhead
    Lockdown
    Animated Prowl (would need a new name)
    Movie Barricade (though I think he's been fused with his G1 self in the game)
    Cybertron Crosswise

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah, leave them to their own universes. That's what makes each universe unique. There doesn't need to be a similar counterpart for every single character in every single universe. If they want to add characters, add completely new ones!

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This! Aernaroth is dead on the money for my thoughts.

4. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few suggestions:

Rattrap: I'd say he would fit right in with G1, using a design based on Derrick Wyatt's Rattletrap. He could be part of an Autobot unit fighting the good fight on Cybertron, while the main cast was chilling under a volcano for 4 million years.

Wasp: the pre-Waspinator Animated version wouldn't need much tweaking to fit in with G1. His backstory - promising recruit whose life was ruined by false charges - would fit any continuity.

Dinobot: this Beast Wars hero would need a new name, but there's nothing that says he can't change his name to Dinobot later on, as what happened to Animated Waspinator.

Ejector: his toaster mode fits right in with guys like Blaster, Reflector and the Cassette minions. The demon imp mode would not look out of place among devices that turn into nonhumanoid forms.

Scalpel: same as Ejector. Revamp him as a high-ranking Decepticon. If G1 Ratbat could do it, so can a microscope that turns into a...praying mantis.

Street Speed, Adventure and Recon Mini-con Teams: just a few examples of Mini-con designs that I think wouldn't look out of place in a G1 setting. Just update them to at least Minibot size.

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    lockdown would be cool.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

The Fallen.

7. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Rattrap

8. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the Fallen is already a G1-character. He was first introduced in the G1-based Dreamwave comics long before Revenge of the Fallen.

I agree with Aernaroth. They should be left in their own universes.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I didn't know that (not a comic book reader), but I'd be curious what his G1 toy would look like.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    What he said.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I love any expansion of the G1 Universe, so I'm a huge fan of G2, Robotmasters and the various Universe lines.

Actually, G1 Fallen was released in the Titanium line. Not a bad toy but could be better.

Personally, if I had my way, all TF's would be part of the Marvel G1/2-verse. Things like Mini-cons and Maximals would be evolutionary offshoots on the various Cybertronian colonies. There'd also be just one Optimus and Megatron, but that's just me.

My suggestions:

Checkpoint, great toy, though I like to think he's what Prowl would look like as a Prime.

Slipstream, though since I have Classics, Universe and G1 Ramjet, I like to use G2 Ramjet as her G1/2 cunterpart.

Demolisher, though War for Cybertron is putting him in G1 now. His various repaints would make nice army builders.

Movie Barricade, as an E-Hobby repaint of G1 Prowl.

RID Scourge and his Decepticons, though some would see Nemesis Prime as his counterpart.

The RID Autobots, even Prime could be called Fire Convoy and he's not too similar to G1 Optimus.

Cybertron Ransack

Animated Wasp, currently getting a G1 Bumblebee repainted as him.

Animated Lugnut, love his voice and blind loyalty to Megatron.

Bulkhead

Animated Prowl

Since Device Label Tigatron came out, I like the idea of retro-fitting more BW characters into G1 in pre-Beast/Cybertronian form.

Have an oversized KO Wingstun whose mold was used by Botcon for Waspinator. Since both share a mold and have similar colour schemes, I like to think Wingstun may be G1/Pre-Beast Waspinator. Also I doubt Waspy had that name on Cybertron and Wingstun has a nice ring to it, reminds me of Bee-sting, see where I'm going?

On a similar note, WW Titanium Thrust just screams Terrorsaur to me. Similar to the Botcon design too and colour scheme is closer to toon Terrorsaur than any of his toys. Plus, both have braggard/coward personality types and again Terrorsaur doesn't strike me as being his original name so why not Thrust?

In a vein similar to this topic, I like to imagine the various Unicron Trilogy repaints are part of the Trilogy verse.

So, Universe Ultra Magnus (bendy Prime repaint), Classics Springer and Roadbuster are UT Wreckers.

Blades is present with his G1 badass personality.

Ratbat is a Senator, possibly enthralled to Unicron since he shares a form with Unicon heralds, Scourge and Sideways.

Movie Divebomb is a Seeker alongside Cybertron Skywarp and Thundercracker.

Botcon Leozack and Skyquake are also different models of UT Seeker.

Just some ideas.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It would essentially be Titanium The Fallen, which was based on the DW design.

13. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

+10000 points for you.

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    None but if I had to pick one, Movie Barricade.

15. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Already exists.

[​IMG]

Anyway, for myself personally, I'd like to see a G1 version of Lockdown, Lugnut, and Blackout.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Output medium may affect the original question?

I have to say that I'm not sure I fully understand the question. If this means, "What characters would you like to see in the "Classics/Universe/Generations" toyline that are not "G1" (like Universe 2.0 Hot Shot)?", then my answer may differ than if the question were asked, "What characters would you like to see in a "G1" comic book that are not from the G1 universe?", etc., etc.

Personally, as far as toys are concerned, I'd really like to see Classics-styled toys from other Universes. I'm not opposed to other characters being tweaked to fit in a G1-themed comic either.

Other than that, I'm really unsure what the end result to answering this question would be. The G1 cartoon has been finished for many years now, for example.

Generally speaking, I'd have to say, "If done right, I'd be for it; otherwise, no." and just default to what Aernaroth originally said.

17. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

Some version of Black Arachnia (either the BW version or somehow work into the story animated Black Arachnia, which would take some creativity considering she is Elita 1....maybe say she is Elita from a paralell universe or, from the future? That would open up some interesting play between her, G1 Prime, and perhaps even G1 Elita. Can you imagine G1 Elita squaring off against....herself? (as Black Arachnia?) THat would be awesome! On the same note, I wouldn't mind having Sentinel Prime mixed in there, along with BW Silverbolt (which would also have to be creatively explained if, in fact, he is related to G1 Silverbolt at all (or does he just have the same name?)

I'd like Animated Wasp in there too somehow.