What? No DC Universe #0 thread? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, May 1, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Well, the NY Daily News spoiled the big "surprise" from the ending of DCU #0 today.

so yeah....big spoiler.

Barry Allen is back. And that's about the only thing that happened in the book.

2. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Man Barry Allen back? I mean I like Barry, but him staying dead was like a rule in comics. Like Bucky staying dea.....um...scratch that.....move along nothing to see here.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    For a fifty cent ad for Final Crisis, DC Universe #0 was perfectly good. I'm not really sure what to think of Barry Allen coming back. I'm kind of assuming its temporary, as I can't see them getting rid of Wally again after just bringing him back (even if the book has been received poorly) and I'm not sure there's a place in the DCU for three Flashes. Besides, I don't really think that a lot of people even want Barry back. Wally has done a great job of being the Flash for the last twenty years and Barry went out on such a perfect note that it's hard to want it undone. And, of course, there's the fact that Barry Allen is a pretty boring character, all in all (not that being boring stopped Hal Jordan from coming back, too...).

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

He came back to die in Final Crisis, rite?

5. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

FC0 was okay, but why are the Spartans from 300 in it? It's a pathetic money grab if DC in trying to integrate them into the DCU.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Green Lantern had the best pages in this book, no surprise. Also I thought the God Shazam was back from the last page, didn't realize it was Barry until I checked another forum...

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If that's Barry, then I guess the Legion of Superheroes got Bart in that lightning rod way back when he died.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It would make sense, he was from the Legion's time, after all (different Legion, of course, but still the 31st Century).

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i finally read this, and i dug it...only thing i really didnt care for was the wonder woman story, but i just havent been able to get into wonder woman (hehe, dirty)

the green lantern part was fantastic, and i thought barry allen would stay dead to be part of the black lantern corp... i'm curious to see where this goes though...and maybe a flash can never truly die...either way, i'm bloody excited for this book...when does issue one come out?

10. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Kid Flash is still dead no? Maybe at least one of them has to be dead :p 
    Issue #1 is due out May 28th and there is a sketchbook due May 14th

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    bart allen coming back would be really cool too... actually hope it'll be bart, barry died in a beautiful way...

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this pisses me off so much. I loved the way Barry died. He died alone doing what's right. This totally kills his sacrifice in Crisis....