What new Autobots do you want in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fairlady_Z, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I've heard a lot of talk about the Decepticons, who did and didn't survive and who we hope shows up in the next movie, but what about the Autobots? They're down a member after what happened to Jazz. So who will be Op's new lieutenant, who else do you think will/should show up as addtional forces?

My hopes:
    (I don't expect to see all of these, too many would crowd the film, its more like a shortlist of who I expect to see/who I think might work best)
    Arcee - she got cut from the first movie, but is getting a toy anyway hopefully just like Soundwave they're just holding off on her til the sequel
    Grimlock - you know they're going to find some way to use him
    Sunstreaker and Sideswipe - these two badass Autobots would make a perfect addition for some added muscle in the fight scenes, plus they have strongly defined personalities that would add some good humor
    Prowl - would be a good direct replacement for Jazz as Prime's second
    Blaster - if Soundwave can be reworked, then so can he, I'd love to see these two clash in live action/CGI glory, plus he serves a useful place in the unit as communicatons officer and replaces Jazz as human culture expert.
    Hound - could also be a human culture expert, his tracking skills would be useful in finding the surviving Cons, and his secret desire to be human could make for some good conversations with Sam.
    Hot Rod/Shot - he might be a little too similar to Bumblebee's role but the hot shot who doesn't obey orders always has good plot possibilities, he could play off Ratchet and Ironhide well, plus I'd like to see how he'd look in movie style.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'd say if there are new Autobots, we'd see two at the most, and three new Decepticons. Megatron (or even Galvatron) would be in the sequel along with Barricade (who's assumed dead) and Starscream. I think the Autobots should remain outgunned and outnumbered.

For Autobots:
    Grimlock - Crash lands into a museum and mistakenly scans a full model of a Tyrannasaurus Rex. I believe Michael Bay even mentioned Grimlock
    Arcee - A motorcycle, as previously mentioned and dropped. She's a VERY likely Autobot in the sequel.
    Hot Rod - Well, as mentioned, a likely candidate. I'd like to see him as a "classic" car like Bumblebee was to begin with. Personally, a 40's style Willys hot rod.

For Decepticons:
    Onslaught - Having learned of the human's capabilities Starscream brings back some of his own "friends." Onslaught would be a C-130 attack plane.
    Swindle - A smaller Decepticon, and hopefully a Jeep-ish type vehicle. He'd have a similar coniving manipulative and talkative manner to his G1 self. He'd help with tricking some of the anti-Transformer humans to side with the Decepticons.
    Demolisher - Similar to Brawl, but based off of the Army's prototype stealth tank.
    Dirge - F-15 attack jet, but TOTALLY different transformation from Starscream. We need some flyers amongst the Decepticon ranks.
    Attack Drones - Basic robots made of assorted non-vehicular items. Like a vending machine, garbage can, cell phones, and other items. They would be items we take for granted and would be meant to attack humans directly.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  3. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

Team Magnus

- Ultra Magnus as a rival to Prime. Car carrier, natch.

- Kup as a beat-up old pickup truck

- Springer with a solitary attack copter mode so the Autobots can have some more firepower plus a flyer.

- Hot Rod/Rodimus the young punk. Bright red 'vette or something.

- Arcee or Blurr as another car. Maybe a Saab for Arcee and a Firebird for Blurr(?).

Obviously, these guys would be better in a movie that also features Unicron, so likely not TF2.

4. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker would be some nice Autobots to make the streets unsecure ;) 

Hound could be a Humvee, either military or H2.

Mirage could be a Ford GT40 just like the Alternator version but with different transformation of course. But he should remain blue with white stripes.

Hot Rod could be a classic muscle car like the old Challenger. He should be "Pimp my Ride"-Style. But NO Rodimus Prime trash please!

Grimlock being a Dinosaurstyle in alt mode instead of a real disguise mode would be nice with the scanning of a dinosaur in a museum. Grimlock would be like Scorponok another Transformer that does not want to adopt a disguise alt mode.

Springer could be a S-70 Blackhawk of the coast guard or so.

5. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

Autobots:

Wheeljack - One of my favorite characters. Wheeljack would of course be the crazy inventor type. I would personally "cast" him as a 1970's muscle car, if Bumblebee wasn't already one. Maybe Bumblebee could take a more humble alt-mode for the sequel as a better means of hiding.

Prowl - While I think two police cars is a bit much, maybe they could reprogram Barricade into an Autobot.

Hot Rod - Pretty much a replacement for Jazz. Besides, if they're ever going to do Rodimus Prime, they it would be better establish him earlier than later, so his transition into the leader position isn't as jarring as it was in the first movie. A red sports car, something like one of the new Ford GT40's or a recent Lamborghini.

Grimlock - I'd make big grim something monstrous and dinosaur-like, but a dinosaur alt mode is a little silly for a live action movie; a T-rex isn't a very good disguise. Maybe a monster truck or some construction vehicle. Instead of a humanoid robot mode, his robot mode might be be dinosaur-like. Besides, he was usually in dinosaur mode in the cartoon anyway. A monster truck transforming into a dinosaur would be pretty awesome.

Decepticons:

Soundwave - Kind of a no-brainer. Make him an mp3 player or portable game device. Honestly, if the AllSpark mass-shifted, is it so crazy for a robot to do the same? Laserbeak and Ravage would be game cartridges or SD cards.

Constructicons - Construction vehicles, obviously. I think there should be less Constructicons in the movie then there were in G1; maybe three or four as opposed to six. Long Haul would be a big dump truck, and would make up most of Devastator. Seeing what was done in the first movie, I can imagine a cool and somewhat creepy sequence where they sort of crawl up each other and merge.

Shockwave - Honestly can't tell you what I think he should be. I think he should just keep his Cybertronian form, whatever that may be.

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    As much as I'd love to see more figures, honestly, in the sequel we're going to see five to MAYBE six new CGI models with most of them going to the Decepticons. I wouldn't be surprised to see in the final sequel roster in about a year that there'll be only ONE new Autobot out of the five to six new CGI models.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Arcee, Hound, Wheeljack, Prowl, Mirage, Smokescreen, Blurr, Hot Rod, Superion. :) 

8. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

Grimlock - Movie opens at the scene of a paleontological dig site, and a scientist uncovers a metal eye.

Prowl - nice new second in command

Wheeljack - cause the autobots are going to need things built no doult, a nice counter part to Ratchet

9. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Wheeljack and constructicons FTW!

10. TerranigmaFreak

TerranigmaFreak Well-Known Member

That sounds exactly like the RID Ultra Magnus. He was also one of the most badass Ultra Magnus ever.

Grimlock - Popular choice, and I like the dinobots.

Omega Supreme - I want to see a combiner dammit! Don't let the vehicles transform just like in the cartoons and only allow him a robot mode when he combines.

Devastator - It just wouldn't be a fight without Omega Supreme vs Devastator. Duke it out in the middle of the streets Godzilla style!

Soundwave - Enough said.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prowl, Hound, Wheeljack. Also, Trailbreaker needs some fucking love!

if they get into season 2 guys - Tracks, Inferno

12. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet what will they call him as seeing they already used the name. It seemed like such a waste too.

13. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    WheelJack

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Dinobots but just Grimlock would be awesome, Prowl, Blaster, and Wheeljack.

15. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Me Peronaly

'Bots:

Longarm("Mike's/Orson's" Towing Tow Truck)-Basically Lovable oaf who's very overeager to help others(sometimes being a tad unconventional)

Also has a bad habit of blowing up illegaly parked cars.

Arcee('06 Buell Firebolt Motorcycle)-NEW smallest 'bot. Can be
    kinda bitch-esque at times and absolutely loves to beat the crap out of any sexist bots or cons *coughIronhidecough*

EVAC(Emergency Response-Search & Rescue Chopper)-Basicaly BM Silverbolt with a strong sense of moral ambiguity, and somewhat Prowl-esque in character.

Landmine(Dune Buggy)-G1 Beachcomber Meets BW Rhinox

'Cons:

Swindle(Chevy Cobalt)-One Bot Black Market. Dishonest,sleazy, and crafty.
    Loves coning people and blowing sh!t up.

Dropkick(Chevy Silverado)-Whiney,Cranky and all around A-Hole. Also loves to blow sh!t up.(doesn't every Decepticon?)

Wreackage(Armored Personel Carrier)-Cold,Merciless and efficient killing machine. A Smarter and calmer Bonecrusher. Would be hardcore if voiced by Cambell Lane.

Dreadwing(MiG 29 "Fulcrum" Fighter Jet)-Starscream's 2nd in Command and total suck up. Loves messing with his fellow 'con. Has 5-mile radius warping ability similar to Skywarp

Payload(S.W.A.T truck)-Big,Stupid and able tokill you to death! Follows orders blindly, basicaly Tankor but able to string together grammericaly correct full sentances.

Incinerator(V-22 Osprey)Basically BW Inferno. Loves Fire, Starting things on fire, setting people on fire, watching thing burn while laughing insanely.

Stockade(Sector 7 SUV)Quiet bot. Likes to stare people down. Loves to torture them even more. very, VERY sadistic.

Sure they're all TFTM07 toys but I gave it a shot anyway

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see some new 'Bots with some personality:

Wheeljack- The mad scientist

Tracks - The vain, Earth-loving 'Bot

Cliffjumper- The little hot-head

Gears- The pessimist AKA the closest thing to Rattrap we'll ever probably get

Grimlock- The Warrior

As for the 'Cons, I definitely want the 'Waves both Shock and Sound, and the Constructicons and I'm happy.

17. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

Dinobots and Constructicons.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My picks:

AUTOBOTS:

Grimlock: Scans a T-Rex. That or he is a massive massive tank.

Hound: I always liked the guy for some reason

Prowl: Security officer. New second in command

Mirage: Sleek ultra fast sports car.

DECEPTICONS:

Soundwave: Military Communications truck. Laserbeak, Rumble, Ravage, and Ratbat turn into computer equipment in back or top of truck.

Shockwave: New leader for the movie in Megs absence.

Swindle: Con artist decepticon

Constructicons: No devestator, just a few constructicons.

A second Seeker.

19. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

I think we will see many of the same Autobots with new 2009 or 2010 alt modes.
    I kind of makes no sense to have the return of existing characters with the same body molds.
    Hasbro needs to sell product.

20. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

If they make his dinosaur mode look crazily kick ass...nobody'll notice, and people who do will have us fanboys to lecture them about the uber-ness of the DINOBOTS!
    :D