What new abilities for each class would you want to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by The Constructicon, Sep 12, 2012.

1. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I generally hate "idea" threads that have a bunch of nonsensical suggestions for a game but I'm really sick of the abilities we have right now and I want to suggest some new ones that are actually feasible and within logic for High Moon to add. Though they're not likely to add ANY new abilities to the game, we can still dream.

All of these except for one are already in the game for the most part and would require minimal work to implement.

Feel free to discuss these ideas, your own and don't be afraid to rip holes in these and tell me why they suck.

DESTROYER: MINION

A simple minion ability, you use your character ability and you crap out a tiny bot that assists you in battle. I don't know if it should be a Rumble bot or a Lazerbeak but either way they would follow you around until they run out of resources or are destroyed. I'm sure people think that sounds overpowered but if done right it would work. They could be weak for one, maybe with the same health as a Scientist's turret.

As for upgrades... How about one that allows them to stay out longer, another that gives them more range from their master when following and attacking and a final one that allows for them to retrieve and return health/ammo pickups to you are within their range.

(Yes it sounds overpowered but they would only retrieve a pickup when you pass close by)

TITAN: FRAG GRENADE

That one is pretty straightforward, a simple frag grenade like there was in WFC and in the campaign of this game. Recharges faster than the EMP grenade on the Infiltrator. Upgrades could include a resource over-charger for faster recharging, an ability that lets you have two grenades per resource meter before recharging and one that lets your grenades detonate on impact instead of having a delay timer.

INFILTRATOR: RADAR

No idea how hard it would be to implement this but I'd love to see a temporary HUD radar that shows enemies within range as red blips. This is probably the most unlikely of my suggestions but I think it could work. Upgrades could increase the range, duration and maybe show enemies within range as waypoint markers on your screen like a personal orbital beacon.

SCIENTIST: SHOCKWAVE

I want the dreaded shockwave to return, using it in campaign was such a tease. This one is simple, just increase the cooldown and decrease the knockback effect. Upgrades could include a slow effect for people who are caught in the blast, increasing the range of the shockwave and maybe some kind of damage buff if you catch enough people in the blast. Like a 0.2 damage buff if you hit 3 or more enemies.

Other abilities could include the Omega Missile from WFC, sticky grenades from FoC campaign and the grapple beam.

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Shockwave needs to be nerfed too badly. It's already less powerful than WfC just because of the fact that you only get 1 ability instead of a combination of shockwave + something (usually a sentry).

Look at me posting as if anything to this effect would ever get added. I'm guessing HM is done with this game as far as major content changes are concerned.

3. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

Infiltrator: WFC Decoy
    or a 'Execution' power that does double melee damage if you use it in front of the enemy, instant kill with little assassination scene from behind. Has a bit of a cooldown so you can't go instant backstabbing everyone. You gotta pick your targets wisely.

Destroyer: WFC Warcry. Come on guys. This is what the Leader was all about.
    or a 'Ram' ability. Kinda like the old vehicle one, only you instantly run forward at full speed, and cannot alter your course. Straight run until you press the ability button or let it run out. Does maximum damage on a direct hit.

Titan: WFC Energon Sling / Disruptor Bomb hybrid, makes your target transform into your other form, but at a slower move speed, less armor, and no ability (including Dash) if you're turned into robot form.
    or the Omega Missile with much less damage, only kills on a direct hit, not hitting the floor right under the target. Plus you can be killed when launching it or while it's launched, which will make the missile explode and do no damage.

Scientist: WFC Shockwave.
    or Energy Drain. Make it work like the heal beam, only for enemies. Just as long, but make it only do as much damage as the Techvolt, also it doesn't restore your health, only your shields.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

I like your idea with the minion, but I would want him to have an upgrade option where he combines Targetmaster style with your robot and fires a secondary weapon alongside your handheld gun.

5. The Constructicon

You're probably right, that's why I was aiming suggestions at easy additions. Seeing as hackers were using shockwave on Vortex's chassis in the demo, I'd assume adding it for real wouldn't be too much work.

Though at this point defining what "too much" is would be difficult.

6. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

I would like the Destroyer class to have the ability to carry a gun that DOESN'T SHOOT LARGE, SLOW PROJECTILES THAT CAN'T BE USED TOO CLOSE NOR TOO FAR AWAY.

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    This is the thread I've been waiting for.

INFILTRATOR
    Electromagnetic Pulse
    Temporarily jams nearby enemy abilities and deactivates deployed abilities (We need more counters for Whirlwind, okay?)
    Upgrades
    *Antivirus Hack
    Virus slows down jam/stun recovery
    *Ability Corrupter
    Ability works against user; replaces ability jam (Unlocks at Level 25)
    *Shockwave Cartridge
    Pulse becomes shockwave instead of targeting specific enemy

Knockback
    Pushes enemy back very far; does no damage. (It's not overpowered in that it replaces other abilities, and would only affect one enemy)
    Upgrades
    *Disorientation Fuse
    Enemies are slowed for a very short time after being knocked back; does not affect vehicle mode
    *Bullet Destabilizer
    Enemy weapons' range is temporarily decreased after knockback
    *Decoy Trap
    Ability now creates a decoy of a sought after pickup which has the effects of the default ability

DESTROYER
    Dimensional Decimator
    Creates a black hole which slowly damages and pulls enemies until it dissipates. Not overpowered because it would only maybe remove the overshield and that's it, unless of course, the enemy was under fire.
    Upgrades
    *Gravity Destabilizer
    Enemy is thrown randomly around in the air temporarily
    *Magnetic Gravity
    Decimator throws off enemy weapon accuracy
    *Suction Energy
    Damaging power is rerouted to suction to pull enemies farther and faster, prevents enemies from leaving a certain range (Useful for defending nodes)

Thermo Mine Payload
    Spawns a small group of thermo mines
    Upgrades
    *Heat Seeker 2.0
    Upgrades heat sensor to increase seeking range
    *Shockwave Core
    Increases explosion damage
    *Internal Grenade
    Impact slows enemies for a short time

TITAN
    Ammo Beacon
    Ammo Beacon pickup as an ability, with increased ammo frequency and increased damage buff.
    Upgrades
    *Frequency Power Cartridge
    Increases aura size
    *Gravity Distortion
    Increases jump height
    *Frost Aura
    Increases rate of fire (Does not affect Subsonic Repeater)

Energo-Sword
    Deploys energo-sword akin to Grimlock's, enables Grimlock's melee pattern. Replaces ranged weapons until deactivated
    Upgrades
    *Execution
    Reload button activates damaging stab melee attack (Does not insta-kill)
    *Energon Supply
    Resource only drains when using melee
    *Sonic Blade
    Final melee combo creates small ripple in the ground (similar to the campaign)

SCIENTIST
    Disguise
    Don't overreact here.
    Color scheme and glow colors change to match enemy team
    Okay, this would be countered by the fact that the team logo on the robot would not change or change glow color, and it would only last about 4 or 5 seconds, and only 2 in vehicle mode.
    Upgrades
    *Makeshift
    Effects last slightly longer
    *Friendly Fire
    Damage increased after coming out of disguise
    *Ultimate disguise
    Disguise remains active after one shot/melee

Energon Overcharge
    Programs next shot in current weapon to be super accurate and powerful
    Upgrades
    *Thermo Rocket Bullet
    Shot can lock-on
    *Scraplet Nanochip
    Shot slowly damages enemies for a short time after initial damage
    *Sling Shock Effect
    Enemy spins in a circle and takes increased damage from initial shot

Aaaand I'm done.
    Feel free to criticize.
    Unless you just say "NUUU DAT STOOPID".

8. The Constructicon

Disguise would be so deadly now, since in WFC everyone can tell your team by what body you had. In this game, it would be impossible to tell by looks alone.

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    That's why faction logos wouldn't change color, and it would be very short.

10. The Constructicon

Yeah, a limited duration would be a must. I'd say keep the faction symbols the same but change your bot to your alternate color theme, along with your glow colors but make some other way to tell them apart.

Like having your reticule turn red when you scroll over someone using it or even have some strange feint scrambled effect on them when you get close, like they're using a hologram or something. A subtle hint that would make them detectable but not make the skill worthless.

11. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah, the reticule turning red is a given.
    I think the little particles would be a bit much, I think the faction symbol is enough. And maybe it would be so that it doesn't rename you to match an enemy's username, your username remains the same so people with good memories can identify you. Very subtle things.
    But the disguise was my signature ability in WFC.

12. The Constructicon

I used to use it but after a while, everyone memorized the chassis and it because pointless. I used to love toying with people using it, they'd follow me around and I'd go along, then when their back turns BAM EMP shotty in the back.

13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah, I never got to play WFC before people recognized chassis if I tried to mess around with them. I always wanted to pretend to be their teammate.

14. The Constructicon

Oh it was a blast for the first few weeks.

Standing right next to people in the conquest node and watching them hop around and get angry because it's not letting the capture it.

15. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    That would have been SOOOO COOOOOOL and hilarious. I WANNA DO IT D:

16. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Not a usable ability as such, more a 'perk' (I don't like that unlike the previous game, perks are now attached to weapons rather than the actual robot), but I call it 'defiance'. Ever been in a situation where you're having an intense exchange with a member of the enemy team, chasing them as they shoot back, ducking and diving, not quite managing to connect with all your shots but still gradually wearing them down...and all the while some little BASTARD is chasing after you, scraping tiny bits of energy as they desperately try and capitalise on the fact you're engaged with someone else, and after you finally kill your intended enemy the little shit finishes you off?

DEFIANCE grants you 2 seconds of total invulnerability after killing an enemy - JUST enough time to turn around/make one last perfect jump or roll to reposition ready to carry on fighting. The fact that its effect is so brief means its far from abusable, but can offer skilled players just that little extra edge when engaging multiple opponents at once, or granting enough time to transform and speed away.

17. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I mentioned about having the minions in the Multiplayer a while ago and rather than having to choose upgrades like "faster cooldown" etc have laserbeak, frenzy/rumble and ravage for each upgrade slot:

None

Laserbeak
    (basicaly orbital beacon)

Fenzy and Rumbly
    (act like EMP genads as they would stun the opponent with pile drivers)

Ravage
    (atacks oponents like a sentry)

this would make the destroyers the most imbalanced class though

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'd suggest that instead of a long cooldown sequence, the "instakill" from behind takedown be a longer animation sequence, that would allow Teammates to shoot said Infiltrator off their teammate to protect them. However, if some guy is trying to solo the game or is off alone and gets caught... well, he's dead. :ev: 

Honestly, those are the only two that I liked.

Maybe it's just me, but this is the first MP in a game that I actually like the way it's been balanced.

19. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Actually in my opinion, those are the only two that might severely mess up MP balance.
    Well, except maybe the return of Disguise...

But anyway, the execution would probably be unfair and overpowered unless the victim could do something about it, like tap a button really fast.
    And the energo-sword's melee combos might be a bit too strong, save for the lack of ranged. But people would probably just activate it in melee range.

20. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    I don't mind how they limited the choices really. I just personally miss Shockwave because of the cool factor.