what might g1 have been like if it had burning justice ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 5, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

this is something ive been wondering about for a good couple years or so now.

what might generation 1 have been like way back in the day if burning justice had existed as a natural integral part of the fictional mythos from day one?

Burning justice - Transformers Wiki

this link leads to a article on tfwiki on the matter

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    One of those "in before lock threads". This is one of those questions that need not be asked, given that you already answered it...

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I think the thread has value, and he hasn't answered his own question. He provided a link to explain what "Burning Justice" is.

Having G1 Optimus Prime/Convoy gain special strength from Spike's cheering/belief, while seeming silly now, may have been pretty cool if it would have given us Optimus repaints. It would have also provided an in fiction explination for different coloured Bumblebees and Cliffjumpers.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Fireguts Powerglide

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Some of the later shows had some as well. UT did a bit if I remember.

In the end it would probably have ended up another thing people fight over in repeat threads every 6 months.

6. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

Can I just say this is one of the things I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE about the japanese TF shows? This and 'the power of friendship' creating the magical power that defeats the Decepticons. I may be an anime fan, but give me american written TF shows, or give me stasis lock X_x

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The whole idea of burning justice is dumb. Why not always fight at your full power if you know how to release it?

8. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dunno. I love super robot anime, which is pretty much Burning Justice as a sub-genre, but I simpl can't see it working in Transformers. Thing is, I'm not sure why, and so it may just be bias talking.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's so ridiculous, It's awesome.

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

ive probably seen way too much anime over the years but from what i can understand there are at least 5 so called great powers when it comes to a matter like this in anime.

the power of love
    the power of friendship
    the power of rock and roll
    the power of positive emotions
    and the power of faith in ones friends family and loved ones

any good super robot anime has one or more of those explored over time

and gaogaigar had them all and then some.

now if we could just get a transformers series that combines all the best qualities of both gaogaigar and gurren laggen

transformers cybertron went a good ways on the gaogaigar bit with the hot blooded/burning justice bit

and even transformers energon in its terribly flawed way managed to pull off a scene or 2 over time when it comes to optimus supremes fight to the death with unicron 3/4ths of the way through the series

and again at the end when all the autobots came together to pull their collective strengths and sparks together to reimpower optimus to give him the stength resolve and power he neeeded to come out of that coma he was in after he absorbed unicrons spark into his being when he attempted to imprison unicrons spark at the time.

11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't watch the video, so I don't know what Burning Justice really is, I just wanted to weigh in because every time I hear that phrase for some reason it reminds me of gonorrhea (umm...y;know, not from any personal experiences or anything, yeah)

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    The first example of Burning Justice is God Ginrai setting himself on fire and killing every single Decepticon out there with his Fire Guts attack. First example, next we have Victory Saber totally shitting on DeathSaurus's fortress and pwning it just by crashing into it. Or something. We have God Fire Convoy totally shitting all over Devil Gigatron and everyone else not Autobot or human in RiD. Then there's Armada Prime and Energon Prime who pwned Unicron. I'm sure everyone that fought Master Galvatron in Galaxy Force at the climax of the series used burning justice by glowing and just moshing everyone...

Pretty much, think of burning justice as a transformer character lighting him or herself on fire and just moshing and violently killing every single bad guy out there in sight by punching holes in them or leaving them behind as smoldering carcasses.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmmm...I can kind of see why they didn't have tha tback in the 80s. They would have never cleared anything tha tinvolved heroic characters lighting themselves on fire. Thanks for the summary though, now I know what it is

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way I see it "burning justice" is like extra encouragement to become better or stronger.

Yeah, why not, even for shock value it wouldn't be bad to see, just once.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh. Burning justice would have pushed G1 too far into the realm of fantasy. I prefer it the way it was, more bent toward science fiction. G1 rarely touched magic without trying to explain it away as misunderstood science, and that worked for me. In fact, "Madman's Paradise" is the only episode I can think of with true magic in it... and it ain't that great.

16. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

The lighting on fire part isn't always necessery.

Basically burning justice is that anime habit where a character will be losing a battle but then all of sudden has a dramatic flashback/gets shouted words of encouragment or something, says "No! I'm not losing! You're going down!" and suddenly starts winning. As if they weren't really giving it their all until then. This isn't really a western thing, as characters generally fight at full power regardless, and fights are usually short and sweet anyway.

Closest I can think of is in ROTF, where Optimus suddenly says he'll take them all on, pulls a 2nd sword and starts beating up Megatron and his two allies, although he still winds up losing that fight regardless.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Unless we're talking about Spiderman.

*Spidey trapped under rubble* "I can't give up... I have to do it, for Aunt May... and Mary Jane!" *bursts out of rubble at more than full strength*

18. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    it probably would've been like DBZ.

but in the 80s you know .., it would have been too spiritual magical yada yada

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not quite the same thing, but G1 had a few instances where Autobots are pretty much ready to give up and die, before a 'pep talk' from someone (probably Spike, or Chip), and then it's saving-the-day time.

All the 'Burning Justice' in Cybertron bugged the crap out of me, probably because I felt it was overused, especially later in the series. I guess I prefer my shows to have the transforming robots not running mostly on willpower. :) 

20. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

It's funny, looking at it from the 'Burning Justice' angle, the Matrix seemed to work like that in the 86 movie, but it had to be opened before granting the ability to powerup.

It kinda makes me think back to the Hot Rod/Galvatron fight, where Hot Rod has nothing but determination versus a superior foe who's about to kill him. The Matrix then grants him the ability to access 'Burning Justice' and he hears the encouraging voice of Optimus to 'Arise'. Rodimus then proceeds to manhandle Galvatron and destroy Unicron with the Matrix of Burning Justice, all while 'The Touch' plays and if that isn't a song about willpower then what is?