what might be considered the best batman figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Sep 30, 2009.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm looking to have a small collection of the most popular figures in the batman universe. I wouldn't mind mixing and matching from different toylines, but from what I've seen, the ones from the Hush series look pretty good. in case there are better, I'd like some opinions on what are the best figures for the following characters (6" scale, non-animated design):

batman
    robin
    riddler
    penguin
    commissioner gordon
    babs
    joker
    harley
    scarecrow
    alfred
    ras al guhl

2. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mego Batman
    [​IMG]

3. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Batman=DCUC wave 1 version
    Batgirl=DCSH 2 packs version(also in DCUC 2 pack with Azrael)

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    DC Unmasked Batman is a damn good Batman, and you still get a Bruce Wayne with the cowl pulled back and hangs behind his neck, not too pose-able though.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, I was thinking about the same thing especially after playing Arkham Asylam! X) Here's my thoughts.

batman - DC Direct's "Son of the Batman" (blue and gray) or Superman & Batman series 7 (Black and gray). The former is my fave - if I can get him in black and gray, it will be amazing.

robin - I prefer the "Son of Batman" version.

riddler - Not too sure about this

penguin - For me, its the "Silver age version" that comes in a 2-pack with another character. I can't recall who.

commissioner gordon - the Hush version!

babs - Hmmm, I thake it you're referring to Batgirl? If so, its the the 2-pack with Joker.

joker - the Silver age version that comes with babs

harley - DCUC for me.

scarecrow - Hush version

alfred - Hush version

ras al guhl - presently, I can't find a decent version of him. If I recall the only figure of him that comes fully clothed is from the Trinity series. The other version comes from the Hush series but he's bare-chested and comes with a saber.

Others I would like to add are:

Killer Croc - Rouges' gallery or the 4 figure pack with the TPB (Arkham Asylum - not game related). Its the same figure but with orange shorts.

Mr. Freeze - as above

Manbat - as above

I prefer the DC Direct stuff as the sculpt and the material feels better than DCUC/ Only drawback is the lack of articulation. Most of the DC stuff have basic articulation i.e. head and 4 limbs articulation.

I initially liked the DCIC series 1 Bats but I think he's er, not as streamlined as the other Bats.

7. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's actually my favorite one, and I'm not kidding. :) 

My next favorite is the Gotham by Gaslight Batman from Elseworlds series 2. But I'm a bigger Hellboy/Mignola fan than a Batman fan so make of that what you will.

8. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I really like the the Mattel Movie Masters Batman figures, they're pretty great - although wouldn't have great scale for all that other stuff really. The DC Direct Amory Batman is another fave, as is the Son of Batman fig too - although that one has pretty piss-poor articulation.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yup, I agree with ya with regards to the Son of batman figure. That's what I meant by "limited" articulation. Below is the link for the "exclusive" black custom variant. Best Bats IMO.

BAT-BLOG BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

I feel that the "yellow" surrounding the bat symbol was important as it sort of a good defensive measure for bats. Gunman when surprised would shoot at his chest, which was er, bullet proof instead of a more fatal headshot.

Arrghh...after playing Arkham Asylum I have this urge to take out all my Bats figures and have them displayed! X)

10. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I hate Batman but the only one I know is good is the uber expensive Hot Toys version

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Couple shots I have of Armory Bats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Son of Bats version too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple of the Movies Masters figs too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

well, it looks like I'm going to be going with a lot of the HUSH designs. it seems most of these figures have a design similar to the sota street fighter figures that I have a lot of. I've just scored the legends of the dark knight four pack for $30 shipped that comes with batman, the commissioner, two-face, and a joker that I'm not too fond of. I've also preordered the "mad love" two pack from bbts to get a better joker and of course, harley. for the rest of the line up, I'm going to be going with the following:

the riddler, alfred, poison ivy, scarecrow, and ra's al ghul: hush versions
    robin: batman and son
    the penguin and man-bat: secret files

and yes, that awesome game arkham asylum is responsible for this!

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, good choice dude. Somehow I prefer the DC Direct versions of Bats, his allies and enemies! I almost picked up the Arkham Asylum 4 pack yesterday too as I don't have Killer Croc. I almost forgot for Bane, I recommend the Knightfall series version - the odd scale 7-8 inch makes him too big! X)

E.Overaker - nice Bats pixs! I kinda regret not picking up on the Armory Bats. The paint finish on it looks good!