What makes you think a Live Action Reboot will feature more Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:07 AM.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Most of the people here (including me) want a reboot.

However, what makes you think that magically they'll put millions of dollars in designs, animation, renderings, just because you want it to be "more focused" in the robots?.

A new reboot would be more enjoyable without toilet jokes or shitty writting, but it will be different in screen-time of the robots? If you're sure of it, how many time they could put?.

Do not think that they made the transformers in the Michael Bay films in just one month and with low budget, not even the money of the most invested movie from marvel would make the transformers appear full of the time.

Here the point is, what makes you think that a reboot would feature more robots and a BIG screen time for them?.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simplified G1 designs. Motion capture. Cost cutting doing location shooting in/or shooting entirely in a state that provides tax credits.

Bayhem isn't required to tell these stories, traveling around the world is not required to tell these stories. Plenty of places that don't require you flying all the way around the world for extra shots and dailies.

You'd be amazed at how much they could pump out if they went that route. Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen? Recolored and remodeled (in Smokey's case) with a few clicks. The Seekers? The Vanettes? Same.

If there's more money, they can afford more Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I want to see a reboot featuring classics alt modes, specifically from the 70's. There are a lot of buddies there that need to see the light on TF.

The problem with ROTF-TLK was featuring very modern vehicles that have some sort of "uniqueness", if you understand, you can see "x" guy as the generic ferrari with a lot of flames an tattooes, that's where the "Disguise" it's worthless.

Motion Capture? Weird, but iwant to see someone to try it

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the current CGI models are animated by hand, which is great, but time-consuming. Motion capture, in some cases, can be done on the fly, to some extent. Also saving money by saving time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I came here to say pretty much exactly what you just said, and chew bubble gum. And i'm all out of bubblegum!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Cogman?

• Like Like x 1
  7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The single biggest issue with the Bay films is that they waste their budget. They put too many Transformers into the film, without having anything for them to do. Just look at how much TF1 and AOE developed their main five Autobots. Look at what was done with Que in a couple of scenes and Megatron's TLK crew, in a single string of scenes. If the films didn't waste time and budget on armies of nobodies and giant, expensive spectacles, like the Dinobots, the Driller and Devastator and instead focused on small groups of carefully written characters, they'd be much better. Then imagine if they had somewhat more simplified designs (straight up G1 levels of boxy would never pass with the general public, but something simpler than what we have) and drop their "no talking in vehicle form" rule. They'd be able to do so much more with the TF, without needing a larger budget.

• Like Like x 8
  8. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Years of proven, Incredibly successful super hero films that focus on the super heroes to show them that the supporting characters of their stories should not be presented as the main characters?

Imagine if Peter Parker was in Spider-Man Homecoming as little as Optimus and Megatron are in these films, or if Tony Stark had as few lines in The Avengers as Starscream had here?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    You're opening a can of worms there, true or not!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

For me, it's less of an issue of having more Transformers, and more an issue of having more of the ones that are already there. Simpler robot designs - with less flashy alt-modes, maybe even new paint jobs for Optimus and 'Bee - would be helpful, but so would bringing back the holo-avatars, preferably played the people voicing the robots for consistency's sake...at least then you could have the robot characters front and center in the action even when they're not in robot mode. Also, ease off on killing off pretty much every Decepticon under the sun who's not Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

Do you realize this is more of a would question than a could question. Just because they could do it doesn't mean they will.

Imagine if there was a Mad Max movie where Mad Max barely said anything. Or a movie called Jurassic Park that had like 18 minutes of screen time. Or a Godzilla reboot that only had 12 minutes of Godzilla. Those movies would get destroyed, wouldn't they.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Like most of them?

13. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Well aren't you a ray of fucking sunshine today! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hi buddie.

15. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I don't think motion capture is the way for Transformers. For Cogman it works because he's human size but Transformers are giants. Plus if anything it could possible be more expensive

This is absolutely true. They also put too much efforts in the details. Ironhide's gun alone had 10.000 pieces of CGI. Devastator, the Driller, Cybertron are all budget eating moments that could have been saved. One of the reasons AOE is the one with more Transformers screentime is because they simplified the characters designe and details. I think more simple designes would allow them to better spend their money in actual screentime.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 You fail me yet again, Hasbro.

As long as they keep the movie designs, you can cut whatever needs to be done to get more robot screen time. But please for the love of Primus, no "Neo-G1" designs. Ugh.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The designs don't matter for me, as long they are in the full movie.

I don't care about sam's sex or job live, at least put interesting, appelleable histories, not annoying and unsympathetic ones.

The last gentleman it's a film wich i slept in the cinema, and the plot -twist made mad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 You fail me yet again, Hasbro.

The designs are pretty much the only thing I care about at this point, because the designs are what the toys get made of.

• Like Like x 2
  19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    It bemuses me that some people actually want more G1-styled designs in a live action franchise that has already set the bar very high with its very elaborate character visuals, which in my opinion, is among the best visual effects ever done.

Simplifying the movieverse designs I can fully understand. But G1-esque? I can only hope hell freezes over first. And I'm a G1 fan.

• Like Like x 5
  20. zachprime86

zachprime86 Zachimus Prime

I don't know, I always thought they should have only 3-4 humans max. As for the robot designs I'd like for them to look a bit more alien (like Lockdown) but I think that there should be 1 or 2 human looking bots. But I agree the movie designs are a bit too complex. I'd like a reboot after the 2019 film. If it happens.