What makes you like TF Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, May 1, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

View this as more of an appreciation thread than a discussion thread but discussion is welcome as long as everyone keeps it civil.

I feel that every day I like this series a little less so I decided to ask what everyone else likes about it. And don't worry, I won't be arguing with everything said. I'm going to sit back and see what happens in this thread.

So what makes you like Transformers: Prime?

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I absolutely adore the designs and the voices. The stories are generally pretty fun and interesting enough to keep me hanging on, and the writing is decidedly more "mature" (in that it doesn't treat the audience like babbies) than most previous series. I enjoy the show a great deal, and while the past two eps were let-downs, it looks like it's gonna pick up again in a big way with the upcoming four-parter and the introduction of my favorite character, Shockwave.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The designs. Slick as fuck.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The animation. Best animation from a CG show I've seen. Some of the designs and voice acting are neat too.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It's a fun show that I can enjoy with my daughter - hell, half the fun is seeing her reaction to it!

But apart from that, I find it pretty well written, I like the characters and enjoy how while the show is aimed at a younger audience, it has plenty of nods to older fans and can be rather dark every now and then. And it has my second favorite incarnation of Starscream, who I appreciate more and more the more I see of him on the screen. And it has Agent Fowler. By Uncle Sam's Star-Spangled Underwear, how can you NOT like Agent Fowler??

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Fuck yes. I could stare at Arcee's design for hours. Or Cliffjumper's. Knockout's too. And Skyquake/Dreadwing's. And Breakdown's. And the Vehicons'.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with everyone. The Designs are awesome. They entice me to buy the toys after a long dry spell where I was no longer purchasing toys.

8. BloodandEnergon

BloodandEnergon Neutral

The designs. They combine the slick look of the TFA 'bots with the complexity ('realism') of the Bayverse 'bots... And leave out the fucking idiotic shit that goes down in both.
    I was pissed when Cliff went down though. He was cool.
    Not to mention the show itself is just pretty awesome.

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    The Designs, oh my Primus not one of those designs has disappointed me, and each one represents the characters very well.

Not to mention the cast. Just to have the original duo themselves reprise their roles as Megatron and Optimus, it brings out the nostalgia of any Transformers fan, and it gives the kiddies the chance to experience the talent these two have brought to the table for so long.

Also, I like the references they throw out there.
    Granted it's not all that subtle at times like Animated would do, but some of them like the Wrecker name drops, and the different relics they find, it's very fun to recall or research those kinda things.

My inner kid exploded when Ratchet mentioned Fuzors and Bantor, that alone makes me love this series.

10. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

I like the character designs and some of the lore that Ratchet sometimes talks about to the kids. Voice work is pretty good too.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's a lot of things I like about the show but I'll be more specific in a way.

Designs It bascially took what I love most about the movie and Animated asthetics and fused them into some very appealing to me. It has the realism of the films yet the stylized animated feel of Animated and made a pretty slick combination that works pretty darn great! Also that they are very expressive with thier emotions espcially characters like Arcee and Starscream who are very emotive. It just appeals to me a lot.

The animation When I first saw the CGI used in the show I was blown away about how detailed and realsitic the robots looked for TV standereds. Also that places like Cyberton and Unicron's body are pretty impressive to look at. It's also the first show since Beast Machnies to use CGI so it's certainly a welcome change from the usaul 2D or a mix of 2D/3D we had in the past. I don't mind about how the background looks at all. Just as long as the CGI does something right that's enough to me. I watch it for the storys and characters not for the backgrounds. 2D's fine and everything but the show wouldn't have the same cenimatic feel it has now if it just went into 2D. Besides Beast Wars and Machnies didn't have much going on with the background either and yet there seems to be no complaints over it.

The characters The range of characters on the show is pretty spot on though it does have it's share of not too greatly written ones. They range from being amazing new versions of the characters (Arcee,Starscream,Soundwave and Ratchet) intresting newcomers. (Airachnid,Knockout,and Breakdown) pretty colorful bunch (Bulkhead,Dreadwing, and Megatron,) to fairly underdeveloped (Optimus and Bumblebee. Even the human cast is pretty good! Jack,June,Fowler and Silas are perhaps some of the best humans out of the franchise so far,Raf needs soem more development and explanations and Miko needs to grow a brain. So yeah it's a hit and a miss in a way but nothing seriously wrong thank goodness.

The story The story in my opinon is very well written though again has it's share of flaws. I love how it has a more darker tone then the rest of the past shws with some exceptions and that it does bring out a cenimatic feel to it. :)  I admit that it does have it''s kinks since no show's really perfect and it should've had expanded on some poteintals. Still it's not really the kind that's truely horrendous. Trust me I've seen Transformers Armada and while it's not a terrible show it's a much more flawed show. While Prime has it's share of flaws it's still worlds above Armada easly.

That's what I love about the show in general. All it needs to do is to sort out it's kinks and it'll be at least on the levels of Beast Wars and Animated.

12. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    pretty much what kaiju said. All that.

13. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

All the Real World and Transformers Easter eggs they decide to throw in. :D  The one that introduced Arachnid (And why can't I remember the name? >.<), had a Predator feel to it. (The trophies, the eerie feeling, the ship..). And the Star Wars reference in the Orion Pax arc? Oh priceless! I nearly died laughing!

Of course the animation :D  Funny story on how I get into Prime really... Was glancing at stamps on deviantArt when I came across a couple of Prime Stamps. Instant. Love.

Dedicated Fan for life.

Story, characters, style. All beautifully done.

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I love the designs, more so than the live-action movies and I love the voice acting. The stories, although repetitive, make for nice little 30min. movies IMO. After all, this is pretty much the only show I get to look forward to on the weekends since TV mostly sucks now. I also love how they turned my favorite character, Soundwave, into a creepy and mysterious badass mofo but he could use more screen time. A lot more. And I don't care what anyone says, I like the dark and violent nature of the show. Although I like Breakdown, I'm amazed at how his death was handled. It was a big surprise and shocked the hell out of me when I first saw it.

@kaijuguy - Breakdown is not a newcomer. He's been around since G1. To be precise, he was a Stunticon.

15. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

The look and voice acting. Everything else is terrible in my opinion.

16. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    The designs, the voice acting, and sometimes the writing is pretty good, but that has been on a steady decline since Operation Bumblebee Pt.2.

The animation, while great, is one of the show's biggest weaknesses, because CGI costs so much to produce, things like the environment are left fairly lifeless and new characters rarely show up, and when they do; they are recolours and retools of existing models. I really wish they had done the show in 2D because of that, so the world it could be brimming with life and they could introduce new character, without having to worry about the cost of creating an entirely new CGI model.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This^, but I'm also liking Arcee as a character. Truthfully though, Jeffery Combs is what initially got me to watch this. Well that, and because I read somewhere that Dr Smoov had worked on the show & got trolled into checking it out under that pretense, so hahah.

18. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    The designs mostly, but its the characterisations, storytelling, and the voice acting that gets me fully absorbed into it. I love everything about! The fast-paced action, the details of every scene, and even the humans. Finally, I have characters I can relate to!

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just does a lot of things right really, I'm not in it because I like the just designs or just the animation or just this certain character, I'm not watching it for A reason. all around I really dig what they're doing here. Musical, story, character, acting, tone and direction, everything CLICKS just right, everytime I'm talking about a TF show there are parts where I have to go "this ____ is kinda bleh but _____ make up for it" and thankfully I never had to do that with Prime, even during it's worst it never outright "offended" me. I just think it's all-around good entertainment, good enough for me to rewatch nearly every episode so far and get enjoyment out of it.

Another really positive point is that it's the first TF show in a long long long time that got my friends interested too, so it's not just watch and be done with it like TFA etc. was, other people I know are following it and we get to talk about it and enjoy it together and I love that, it's an experience that goes beyond just the time you're staring at the TV and I really dig being able to do that with TF this time around.

20. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Soundwaverulls: I have to wonder what DO you like about the show? Or is it that the things you liked weren't that strong to begin with and you were hoping it would become something else?

If I were in your shoes I'd stop watching for a while and catch everything on dvd. Being able to watch it in succession often smoothes over problems for me with various media whereas the waiting and anticipation just causes me to find or even invent flaws.