What makes the feature films bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by anikenvader, Jul 7, 2011.

1. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    What makes these films bad?
    Now going in the first movie on its own I believe was a pretty good and fair sci-fi film. It had consistant plot and character development. If anyone lacked, it was Racthet, but hey, aw well. You saw each human character in good form and attitude. Being her first big role, I think this is Megan Fox's best performance. I actually like her a lot in this movie. The story wraped up VERY well and left room for a sequel.

Then we got the sequel.....

Yeah. What d we get? Half assed plot, lots of SPOLSIONS, and some uncanny acting. All in all, it introduced some fun characters (by that I'm referring to Arcee, Sideswipe, Leo, Devastator). Each character fufiled their purpose. It was, a decepticons movie but, it was a bad movie. It rushed some parts and dragged the rest of the way. It had plot gaps. Very messy. Not the worst movie ever, buuuuuuut, FAR from great.

Then, What do ya know! Another sequel!

Now this is where its torn. The movies either good, or bad. Honestly, it was no oscar winning performance (well....Patrick Dempsey was really good as a villain) aside from visual effects. But, the plot. Now I think this movie had good balance with human/robot screen time. It did lack emotion at parts it should have. The ending was a little rushed and there was not that much closure. But what makes them bad!? I think its a great TransFormers film!
    Now, keep this in mind.
    We are a fanbase purely on the concept of the Transformers. But, they're are some of us who are extremely too picky for the brand! We love G1, but hate the movies for a lackluster plot.....WUT. I don't get how you hate the movies and everything else because it's not G1 when it was the most lacking of the Transformers series. People like beast wars, yeah. RID is ok. Unicron trilogy, nope. Eff it. Animated? There are people who hate animated and I don't understand why. Great show! Prime is good, and I think we all like that. but what sets the movies apart?!

And I want to state very carefully, I am not calling anybody out. I say this in the retrospect that we all know, there are people like this on the bored. I'm not saying that's all we are, cause were not. Just for people who act like that. My point is to just get everyone's opinions why its "bad".

Personally, I think Revenge of the Fallen killed the franchise. It's the Batmn & Robin of Transformers.

I should state that I do like the movies! I mean that NON-FANS DON'T LIKE IT. MAINLY CRITICS. The point of the thread is why you think the movies are bad or why not. I should have stated that more clearly. Sorry about that. I'm not trying to start a flame war.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
  3. anikenvader

News Credits:
    Not like that. I mean as in any credibility it had/has. Everybody hates it, but people still pay.

4. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

This. Haters are forever owned by the insane amount of cash this franchise brought in.

5. anikenvader

News Credits:
    Very true. And I liked the movie so thats allright.

6. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    As long as these movies are a spectacle and fun to watch, they won't be considered BAD movies.

Paramount and Hasbro love what these movies are doing for them and as long as it keeps doing what it does, we'll see more and that is what I want

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Nope, not everyone. In fact, not even the majority.

8. anikenvader

News Credits:
    I should have stated I liked the trilogy. This is for people to talk about what they don't like them, and why they don't.

And I should have stated what I thought about ROTF more clearly. ^^;
    Not as in destroyed it, but it did leave a bad taste in our mouths so going into DOTM could have been kind of sour. I just want to know why. Personally, i really enjoyed DOTM.

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Hollywood, the majority of the time you do not just walk away from a series when it makes as much as ROTF.

The way it generally works is, you keep wringing it out until finally, you kill it or it collapses under its own weight. That was the story with Batman & Robin in 1997. It got too big, executives called most of the shots on that one, and it had gone a long ways from the more serious and psychological first film.

These days, it seems the big talk is a wish for 'apology' films. I hear Indy fans wishing Spielberg to make a 5th movie to make-up for Crystal Skull. Some could even say that DOTM was an apology film. It gets darker than ROTF did.

10. anikenvader

News Credits:
    Talking about more critics.
    I don't mean everything i say as a literal.

11. anikenvader

News Credits:
    very true.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess that's my bad then.

13. anikenvader

News Credits:
    Hey, your title is "defender of logic" and its not far off. You do have a point. I should word myself better. Sorry, though.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Oh look an average fan raging. These films aren't bad. Just predictable and formulaic.

15. anikenvader

News Credits:
    Read the whole Thread post. I LIKE THE MOVIE.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I don't think they're "bad" movies, but I think they suffer greatly from poor editing and some oversights in the writing. Other than that and some potty humor (which a lot of people find funny), I think they're good movies.

17. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

The haters are much louder then the fans.

18. anikenvader

News Credits:
    yupp. But I'm not a hater. I like the trilogy.

19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I am no Bay apologist nor one of the "haters." but fact is money in no way always equals quality in the film industry, infact sometimes it can be quite the opposite. Everyone seems to forget this at times.

The films should be taken as they were, entertaining toy commercials. I was entertained, and I bought toys, mission accomplished.

As I have said in the past, the movies have more in common with G1 than people will ever admit.

20. Nelson

Nelson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except B&R didn't make this kinda of insane box office $$$, breaks records and some of the highest DVD/Blu-ray sales.

Anyone that thinks ROTF is the worst movie out there is a drama queen and shows how little films they've seen.