What kind of TFs would you like to see in the future?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    A farming unit.

One is a Tractor, the other a combine harvester etc and of course it gives way to both new Sheep and Cow beast wars figures.

I'm not kidding either, something like this would be great :) 

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Agriculture based TFs actually would be pretty cool. The Farm(bots/cons) or Agri(bots/cons).

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Autobot Knockdown, a pest control truck whose borate tank transforms into his backpack sprayer. He specializes in conteracting the Insecticons through the use of traps, chemicals and energon baits. I think it would work particularly well in the Movieverse.

4. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Licensed GI Joe Vehicles that transform into Big Name TF characters.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd like a return to the traditional TF aesthetic like in G1 and the Unicron Trilogy, apart from Scavenger. His helmet-less look was awful and, to me, inspired the overrated and cliched bounty hunter Lockdown in Animated.

I'm sick of stylised and alien faced TF's. It wasn't their character that put me off the ROTF twins, it was the stupid heads. Robots with buck teeth? C'mon! It was stupid with Rattrap and always will be. I actually like Wheelie's personality and found him funny but the Johnny 5 look has no place in Transformers.

No more corny or 'funny' charicatures. There are at least 300 G1 tech specs that could be applied to either the G1 characters themselves or heck, to give some decent character to a new toy. Use the MTMTE profiles. They were perfect.

I'd like to see large casts in new series. The 5 or 6 characters on each side scenario is really old at this stage. They say it allows for character development but that's slag! Watch MTMTE to see how you do a large cast of TF's properly.

Closer to the topic, I'd like to see Transformers with the blocky animal modes we saw in G1. The stylised, organic animal mode is boring at this stage. I loved Roche's portrayal of Sixshot's wolf mode and Robotmasters Victory Leo. That said, I was never a fan of the Predacons. The colours weren't great, I thought.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't want my children's toys about robots from outer space to have a sense of humor. I want everything to be like G1, where Optimus Prime played basketball and Seaspray made out with a mermaid.

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Why thank you. Although I did just kinda use my own fan character with elements of Animated Ratchet (the grumpiness) and some generic appreciate-the-loner bullshit. But thank you anyway.

Yeah, everyone gets a brief scene to themselves that establishes their personality which never gets built on in later episodes (except for one spotlight episode if they're lucky) and the rest is bad fight scene after bad fight scene.

...wait, did we watch the same show?

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually a gansgter wannabe sounds like it could be awesome.

Think about it, Autobots and Decepticons are big gangs anyway. Imagine a robot who is would be better suited to the Autobots, but is desperately trying to join the 'Cons.

As a result his body is covered in tens of 'Con faction symbols, just cuz he's trying too hard.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ haha, the bit about covered in symbols, ive actually read that done in a fanfic XD

comedy gold tight thur

10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    You never see any transformer buses. seriously, they have everything from excavators and drills to toasters and microscopes.

But no damn buses. I want a Auto-bus! And he should be mean and orney like the best bus drivers are!

And think of the fun re-paints and customs that could be done! everything from the magic school bus to the spinal tap tour bus!

The sooner the the 3rd party Robobuz gets release the better!

oh and more insecticons. you can never have enough creepy bug-bots

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Hairdresser based Transformers. AutoCuts and DeceptiCombs.

I want an old lady Transformer. We've had plenty of old man TF. I want a cranky old fembot.
    There was that Transformer bus in the Robo Capers strip in the Marvel UK TF comic. I think he was actually named Auto-Bus too.

12. Prime Noble

I didn't watch the G1 cartoon as a kid. I grew up on the Marvel UK version which was intelligently written and didn't have crap like Kremzeek and mermaids.

The MTMTE pilot was great. It's just a shame the rest of the cartoons didn't live up to it.

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

While that would be a fun idea (and some great character concepts to try against it) I don't know if I'd call him being an Autobot ironic.

Now, if he had been assigned on a two-year term as Prime's bodyguard at year-end 2004....

:D 

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There was that Fire Bug though. The flamey version of Kremzeek.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Bendy-Bus Prime - Transformers Wiki

16. Prime Noble

The Firebug was at least an attempt to be a credible, unique alien. Kremzeek looked like a character off a badly marketed cereal box. Which would you have preferred to see appear in the 86 beautifully animated movie? It wouldn't be the cult sci-fi classic it is if Kremzeek turned up in front of the very early computer animated Unicron.

17. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

A real gentleman Autobot,but loves stabbing Decepticons while chatting fancies

18. ShyTenda

ShyTenda Not even here...

A character that complains about "gimmicks" but only when enemies use them.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Return of the Headmasters.

20. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

well, I wanna see Hasbro make toys of the G1 fembots for the Generations/Reveal the Shield line.