Customs: What kind of jet is Octane?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by cefuroxx, Dec 13, 2008.

1. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

I was wondering what kind of jet his alternate mode was based on because I had the insane idea to one dya attempt to make a masterpiece version of him. Anybody know? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
  3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Yay, I can help you. Sometimes being in the military ain't so bad. :>

Octane transforms into a C-130 Hercules.

[​IMG]

Well, the new Classics Octane is based off the C-130. I believe the original G1 Octane was based off the B-52 Stratofortress, but it's such a block of a figure it's kind of hard to nail it down to that.

Here's a decent pic of the B-52:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps ya.

- Alty

4. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

G1 octane didn't have turbo props, are you talking about classics tankor or the original? I am asking because I'd like to find a model kit to use as a shell one day when I am good enough, let me know homes.

5. Altitron

Ebay:
    G1 Octane didn't have /any/ engines, but I edited my first post to clarify, and added pics. :>

Like I said, very blocky, vague altmode, but the B-52 is very famous (and infamous to some :>), and has the same thick, swept-back wings, so that's my best guess.

- Alty

6. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Okay, so tf wiki says that in his original incarnation he was probably a Boeing 707, but wikipedia says he was a Boeing 767. (I tend to think 767, because it has 2 engines like octane seems to have, if you assume those square things are engines, whereas the 707 has 4 engines.)

His new version is (Tankor) is possibly a C-130, but is definitely some type of heavy cargo plane.

I know nothing about planes, I only know what I've found. Good luck!

7. Altitron

Ebay:
    Eh... both planes I've mentioned perform military services as refuelers, cargo couriers, and tankers. Boeing's 700s are for civilian transit (with exception of Air Force One), but if you're cool with that, then that's you. I like to think of Decepticons as being based strictly on military hardware when available. :) 

- Alty

8. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Although looking at octane's jet mode he does look suspiciously like a passenger plane, even has the window details along the side in the form of stickers if you look here: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/t.../4d/Octane_boxart.jpg/300px-Octane_boxart.jpg

Then again the fact he's an oil tanker isn't exactly 'military' either. But it fits his personality (well, g1 cartoon personality anyways) as he's not really that dedicated to the decepticon cause. I mean he doesn't even tell the decepticons when he finds trypticon, instead using him to make money on the side until Galvatron finds out.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Octane was never designed to be a B-52, he's an air refueling jet.