What kind of fan/collector are you?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kronos, Jul 16, 2007.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I have been thinking. I know that there are only a few people with the expendable income to be able to me compleatists and/or seek the truely rare pieces. So I am throwing this question out, and I hope many answer. What kind of collector are you.

Personally, I only seek the figures I like. I dont have much of an expendable income. So I am limited on what i can buy. So I just stick with the ones I want. And if need be, I save for the expensive pieces.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I am a collector at night, fan by day. Criminals beware for I am wet behind the ears.

Im trying to collect all the voyager/deluxe/leader class figures from the movie, collect all titaniums I can but for the Cybertron line I only collect those I like. Fanwise, I try to find out more info about the expanded universe as I can but dont spend much in buying the reading material.

3. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I only buy it if I like the character/faction. I take everything out of box

4. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I buy what I want to buy and who I like.

Open all the boxes, so I don't buy any vintage MISC or MISB.

Save all the boxes.

All figures are on shelves... soon to be ziplocked bagged and boxed. This is because my son is wanting to play with them..

Currently my want list is empty. I'll look at the movie figures again and see if anything interests me...

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I collect figures for fun, and always get only show or movie characters. I take all my stuff out of the box. Also, I'm rather spotty when it comes to being consistent. I usually collect in spurts, doing it for one year or summer, and not doing it again for a year or two, mostly because college and other activities take precedence more often.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    My collecting is randomly organized. The better Primes, Megatrons, Starscreams, big figures, movie figures, masterpiece, the most interesting G1, the high-end transforming mechas from other lines, die-cast, combiners, Alternators, etc.

7. DarkLiger

DarkLiger Well-Known Member

I'm a fan/colectors. I take things out of the box. With an expection or two ( The bot con Vector Signma). What I would love to get my hands on is a Botcon Exclusice Like the Alpha Trion or Springer and not have to pay an arm and a leg.

8. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

lol, my opinion is "If you are not going to resell it later and Its not a double or a G1, Take it outa the damn box and play with it!!!!!!" I opened Universe Nemesis Prime! It was worth it!

lol, also im 17 so almost all the money I make either goes to savings, or hobbies (Transformers, Magic The Gathering, Video Games). Although most of the $$$ i make is mine to use......its still not alot and my parents support my hobby, they just dont alway like how I pump my extra cash into toys, lol....

I wanta collect as much as I can (figures I like at the top of my list), but I just can't as this point of my life, and since im only 17, Ididn't have a chance to collect (lol nuy and play with) G1's when I was a kid.......any Ideas how to get good tf's with little effort and $$$?

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I buy most things, but not a completest. For example: I will buy all of the main line figures, but none of the FAB as they do not interest me.

As for re-paints, depending on the figure and the price I may or may not get re-paints. Going forward I will likely not buy the re-paints as I am also now collecting another line (GI JOE)

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well for me I kinda buy the ones I like while trying to buy tools for my kitbashing project, and since my cash flow is like a trickle, I use that money to get other things like Godzilla, Toyfare magazines or toy magazines, Wizard, or some figures that I don't seen before if I had time. So I try to multi-task the best I can sometimes it works sometimes not.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I mainly go for all the merchandising items. The recent movie is just killing me though. Too much stuff. :lol  Pick up the occasional figure if it really draws my attention. Right now, I'm currently on the haunt for all Soundwave related merchandising items or TF radios.

12. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Same here! Except I'm 15

13. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I only buy what I really REALLY like. Most of that is G1, but if I see something totally awesome, I'll get it. I do most of my buying at BotCon since we are completely starved of any TF's here, except for the recent movie toys. (sigh.)

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I buy the toys I like, if I cant affort it I go nuts but I got over it.^^
    I never care about the boxes, except the Revoltech Prime that its still in its box.^^
    Repaints? Eh, if they are cool I buy them but most of the time I dont care.

15. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

Once in a while I burn some (alot) of cash on a figures I like. see? not bad considering I got that When I was 14 (3 years ago), lol

[​IMG]

16. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Very nice.

Fort Max is one of those that I would like to get, but don't want to spend the money on it... and don't have the space for it.

For the movie line, didn't see anything I liked... but I liked this guy's customs that he's selling:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjin-saotomeQQhtZ-1

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Mainly G1/Reissues, Classics (Thank God they are Continuing), Random Figures that catch my eye. I also have a Prime Shelf and a Smaller G1 Bumblebee or inspired shelf.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very much an eclectic collector. Not a completist by any means (I lack the money and the perseverance!), and I'll pretty much get any TF that I like (and can justify the cost of!) regardless of line/faction. I do have a particular fondness for Alts and Classics though.

Almost everything has been taken out of the box and card, except for one of each version of Legends Movie Ratchet (the colour variants) but I only got those after already acquiring one that I opened. It was only the low cost (and a Buy One Get One Half Price offer at Woolworths!) that made this feasible for me. I keep all cards and boxes, usually flattened for convenient storage. Plastic bubbles are usually disposed of because I have limited room.

19. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

I only buy what I like, which is pretty much a couple of figs from every series (Loving the movie line at the moment but am only getting the guys in the flick itself). All my stuff is opened. I don't have the money, space or want/need to buy every single one that comes out.

20. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mainly the collector's lines rather than the main lines, specifically G1 reissues (including the limited repaints), the odd Masterpiece, Alts, some BTs and KP and some Classics. The only time when I've been a completist is with the Alts. Although I do open the boxes, I keep them for storing the toys.