What just happened?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Ok, so last night, I was playing conquest with nine other guys. I was a Scout, and we were at Seed of Corruption. I noticed that five of them had their mics on, but I had my volume turned down to where I couldn't hear what they were saying. So I turned the volume up so I could hear them (I got curious) and the match started.

We captured A, they captured C, so my team raced off to B with one or two guys staying behind. Well, I got there, and I saw four enemy players capturing the B node. Well, one of our scientists was just standing near the node, which struck me as odd that he wasn't attacking. I marked a leader, killed him, and fled hoping to lure the enemies into a chase, and I heard the guy I killed swearing over the mics and going off on one of my teammates, while my teammate surprisingly said "Hey man, I didn't kill you, Scabbers35 did!". Wait, what?

Well, they captured B, but almost immediately afterwords, my team began to capture B. I turned around to go help, but when I arrived, I saw my team capturing the node, with two enemy players just standing near my team, not doing anything. I attacked a Scout, but everyone went berserk over the mics, with my Teammates yelling at me to not attack, and the scout I attacked cussing me out.

At that point it became obvious that these guys weren't here to play the game, so I quit. But what were they doing? Any ideas?

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    XP whoring

3. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Maybe it was a group of friends who were separated on to opposite teams and didn't wanna shoot at each other for whatever reason.

I don't have a more logical answer than that since I've never played Conquest, lol.

4. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have turned the volume back down and went on a killing spree. If your on there it should be to play the game and at least the killing spree means you can up your xp

5. AutobotSkids

Could be, but doesn't killing give you way more xp than taking turns capturing a single node? I mean, It could have been, but I just don't get why they would have wanted to earn it the dull way to begin with...

It didn't sound like that, but it could be.

I know, the minute I left, I wished I had stayed just to spite them. :ev: 

6. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Capturing nodes gives you more XP than killing opponents. The teams probably just took turns capturing the same node over and over

7. AutobotSkids

Oh yeah, that whopping 150 xp.

Hmm... maybe I should have swapped to my low level Soldier and joined in. :lol 

8. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, get in the middle of them, and stop for a couple seconds, let them shoot the shit, and whirlwind them all.

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    False!!
    killing gets you more xp!
    10 kills in Power Struggle gets u 2000 XP 20 kills usually around 4ish and 30 and higher between 6-8000

kind of sounds like they were boosting...basically getting points for the node to boost there rank on the leader boards theres quite a few who ive seen on the boards that have done this. you know people who have 1 day or less in the game with 20,000 - 30000 xp and bascially no kills at all you can tell who they are

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

With or without completing any challenges? That's the key. That and just taking turns capturing a node is easier than trying to kill people that are not going to just let you kill them and that are trying to kill you.

Personally I wouldn't partake in this, as I'd be too worried about getting smacked by the ban hammer should HM and/or MS decide to crack down on stuff like this.

11. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ And how would they know? That wouldn't be cheating, it's "legal".

Anyways, you know guys, get out, serach another game. Playing like this isn't fun.

12. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Just a gaggle of lame boosters I'm afraid.

13. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

pretty much. I would have gotten my mic on said "Don't care" Switched classes and I would have went on a rampage. if they're XP whoring atleast you could get kills ontop of that garbage. making it somewhat legit.

14. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well it's not cheating per say, but it's still exploiting the system. As for how they'd know, all they have to do is look at player stats. If someone's a Prime and has all their classes maxed out again, but has very, very few kills? That'd be a big tipoff.

15. Soundwave4win

Conquest

and In reality I could see someone easily getting more exp from boosting. If you get a whole team on a node it will capture in like 3 seconds (150 xp to everyone) so if they just kept swapping with each side capturing one node. the game would slowly end on time. not points.

you'd get more points killing people but you're record for deaths wouldnt' be recorded so it wouldn't hurt your "leaderboard status" which by doing that you're just saying "I CAN GET UP HERE BUT WHEN I GET IN A REAL GAME I'LL GET MURDERED! WOOT WOOT!"

16. Soundwave4win

Primes that are all 25 make me SICK :drunk 

17. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    In some games people can be banned for boosting. Doesn't seem like that is going to happen in wfc, but you never know.

18. AutobotSkids

Don't worry, I was only joking about joining in, besides, I'd much rather score points the fun way, by trying to beat my killstreak record of 10. :lol 

19. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I've only met one group of cheaters.

20. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    I have run into this a few times, especially during the double XP weekend, just standing around collecting the double XP. Lame imo, I turn down the volume as well and just take them all out from the sky.