Customs: What jet mold am I thinking of????

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by destrongerlupus, Jul 26, 2009.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Help me out guys!

I've got my Snare coming to me soon (Thanks to Solrac333, the pair he just finished for me is AWESOME!!) And I think Talon is the next G1.5 Euro character I want him to tackle, and I HAD the perfect mold choice picked out.

It's from the last few years, I'm *pretty* sure it wasn't a Starscream, but I always thought that it would have made a GREAT Pretender-Starscream, because of the (somewhat awkward and ugly) TF-scheme. I later thought it would work great for Talon as well.

Now I'm racking my brain to think who the hell it was!

Nice lookin' jet.
    Cockpit-on-the-chest transformation with kind of a really boxy "I'm being swallowed by the jet parts around me" aesthetic

Any thoughts?

Alternately, any suggestions for a good Snare-base would be appreciated (I'm ALMOST thinking about just using BotCon Skyquake, since he's small and green, but that'd be too easy ;) )

Your time is appreciated

D/L

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    What about Universe (original series) Sunstorm. That's about the boxiest "modern" figure I can think of. He doesn't have the cockpit on the chest though.

Attached Files:

3. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    He sure is boxy and ugly, but god no, I hate that mold :p 

It might be as far back as Armada though....

I ALMOST think I was thinking of Ironman, but when I look at it now, I really don't see the resemblance at all....

This is driving me crazy :crazy: 

D/L

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Yeah, thta mold is Hasbro at it's weakest for sure! LOL! I never even opened mine, just gave it away.

You can try www.tfu.info they have a feature where you can figure out a mold by first picking a color, then an altmode. It will then bring up all the figures in their database (they have almost everything) that match your request and you can find it from there.

I just tried, and their bandwidth is exceeded right now. Usually they are up and running just fine though.

One last stab, is it Armada Starscream/Ramjet mold?

5. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Yes I LOVE that feature on tfu.info! Great site all 'round drove me crazy for years that there was no TF-equivalent to yojoe.com, was thrilled when tfu perfectly mimicked the format!

And nope, Armada SS is at the other end of the spectrum for me, a mold that's near and dear to my heart that I never forget about!

RE: the Conehead-mold though, I was so excited when it came out, DESPITE being ugly, since it was "Thrust" and they'd BENT OVER BACKWARDS to give him a conehead transformation. Then there was the color-debacle, and then the mold really just SUCKED. *sigh* From top of my list to the bottom in moments...

D/L