What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Happy birthday :music 

2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I like to think that Rook also keeps Blades from getting in too much trouble. Like, they both enjoy a good fight, but Rook knows the time and place for one, and is able to hold Blades back when Blades wants to start one. :D 

Also, congratulations!

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Thank you!

Screw it, let's just make Rook the "glue" that holds the whole Protectobot machine together! :D  He a nice guy, but tragically mis-understood by those outside of his immediate circle of friends.

Thanks!

Don't feel bad, most of those are just photo posts anyways.

Exactly, I'm sick of all this Rook/AB/Offroad hate! Even Hasbro has gotten in on it, the new Broadside includes a mini-Slingshot, not a mini-Alpha. -_-

• Like Like x 3
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Rook is the greatest new toydesign we've gotten in recent years.
    And i love how Funpub wrote AB and Offroad as buddies, cant wait to start that story.

• Like Like x 3
  5. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

here's one, Soundwave is not fully autonomous. rather, he is a by product of Megatron's self-modification i.e., so many added weapons components, had to sacrifice communications capacity.

6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Shockwave killed Broadside rather thoroughly, but he decided to clone Broadside as a Headmaster (the minibot) in an experiment to see if something is possible. He decided to test using only Autobots because it would lead to less time wasting debates with Starscream if he only led "enemies" to horrific fates. Broadside was one of the first times the process was successful, the other attempts failing in spectacular manners. He doesn't consider the clone much of a threat considering he keeps it in his lab and intends to kill it if it doesn't explode or fall victim to some other malfunction.

Alpha Bravo may have derived his name from Alpha Trion. He neither confirms or denies it, but he has adequate reason to deny it after he realized that bots find him creepy for taking on Slingshot's colors.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  7. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

The combination of Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime is called Ultimus Prime.

I have no idea why Hasbro hasn't latched onto this. Maybe it's a copyright thing.

8. jumbosaber

jumbosaber Walking Talking Jumbo Jet

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Headcanon dump. This applies to Armada only because I'm a terrible little man who neglects other continuities that his comic does not take place in.

All flying Cybertronians (seekers, shuttles, helicopters) share a common organic ancestor that resembles a sort of armoured, winged sphinx. Due to this, they're looked down upon by 'grounded' cybertronians due to being 'primitive'. Beast mode Cybertronians share the same plight. Due to this, pretty much all fliers reside in Vos, a sanctuary for both them and beast modes. Iaconians are the most notable... racists (for lack of a better word... speciesist, would be more fitting) and thus, all flying Cybertronians are hardcore Decepticon, since Iacon is the Autobot capital. Ergo; Jetfire is the only one capable of flight in the Autobot army prior to the events of Energon.

Fliers naturally walk on four legs. They have digitigrade legs. They have a tail in order steer and keep balance. They are able to walk on two legs of course, though ambulating on two legs is a bit of a chore (they kind of resemble a dinosaur running) These features are pretty obviously lost when they scan a foreign planet's vehicle. They're also bona fide carnivores and cannot consume 'pure energon' (like, energon right out the cube) and require the nutrients found in cybertronian wildlife. They can also TURN ORGANIC ANIMAL INTO BIOFUEL, YES? This act is found to be kind of gross to grounders, and this has produced a fear of being killed by a flier and eaten. This fear will never actually be a reality. Cannibalism is taboo across all races of Cybertronian.

There are noticable weather patterns on Cybertron. Rain and that sort of thing is common place, especially near the equator. The planet itself is a peculiar mix of distinctly organic and cyberformed. The equators are considerably more green than the poles (I headcanon Autobot polities to reside on the poles, and Decepticon polities, like Kaon and Helex reside on the equator). There are seasons.

An alt mode is something a Cybertronian is born with. It cannot be changed. Not safely, atleast.

Much like humans, there are a range of different cultures on Cybertron. Iaconians have the cultural style of a modern civilisation. Vosians have a Aztec or Tribal (in some places) cultural aesthetic. The Kaonese formally had a fuedal japan cultural style but that was lost when Iacon screwed it over and turned it into an industrial district. Etc Etc. With this also comes different languages (which has caused communication issues before) and different religions (most Iaconians follow a monotheistic religion with Primus being the only god, while Vosians worship a great many gods; think Ancient Egypt or Aztec. Fun fact; Cybertronian sacrifice is not uncommon there). Almost all Vosians are devout, but some reject this, and grow a sense of self hatred. Such include Thrust, who decided to undergo docking and declawing, and he believes all who still follow their ancient religion are unsophisticated beasts. It should be noted that these 'gods' aren't actual beings (except for one certain figure in Vosian religion). Unicron is not involved in any of these religions.

The robots cannot reproduce sexually. Therefore, they do not have any sexual dimorphism. Gender is more of an accessory to Cybertronians rather than a distinct part of their identity.

Megatron is mixed race (tank/jetformer). He has those canines.

There are three different subspecies of Seeker- Elrythuatl, Kluextatl and Azlithian. Elrythuatl are massive, bulky bots. They're most common. Kluextatl are sleek; built for speed and agility, and are about as tall as an average carformer (Starscream falls under this subspecies). They get the added bonus of the wingblade thing Armada Starscream is known for. Azlithian are tiny, tiny things and are prone to being shocked by the tiniest things.

Cyclonus can only count to 10, as that's how many fingers he has. He can touch the back of his head with his foot.

The Star Saber minicon weapon was named after the actual bot Star Saber, who was a triple changer sword/jet, and was commonly wielded by Dai Atlas.

Starscream has C-PTSD.

Cybertronians can drink water (or any liquid really) in order to cool their internal systems. Breathing does the same effect.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Kind of a silly head canon but,

At the end of Beast Machines, Cybertron became a techno-organic planet. In Beast Wars Neo, Cybertron looked normal. I like to think that the Maximals and Predacons burned away all the organic and converted Cybertron back to normal over those thousands of years.

10. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

sorry but I Am confused by something here

Japanese continuity has beast machines taking place well after beast wars Neo

• Like Like x 2
  11. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

New headcanon. Victory Star Saber appears in the IDW verse at some point and battles his religious zealot counterpart. These battles make his counterpart go nuts and take the name Nemesis Saber to become different from his rival, who is the real Star Saber, brought there by Primus and Vector Prime. In the end, Victory Star Saber defeats his counterpart and returns home to his universe, but the encounters have left IDW Star Saber broken and no one takes him seriously anymore. His Victory counterpart being there awakened the good bot in him, and then the two personalities seem to wage war in his mind, thus leaving him to wander and try to find himself.

After some time, he crashes on a planet with some certain organics that resemble Cybertronians, but not at the same time (meaning Earth), and through his encounters with a young cancer patient, learns the true meaning of 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings'. At some point, during his travels, IDW Star Saber was captured by Decepticons and had his religious zealot personality cloned. The original Star Saber, who is currently going by no name, eventually confronts his evil self, and learns to accept all beings, whether believers in a deity or not. This causes his two personalities to merge into the true Star Saber, and he vows to fight against the reputation he had been given by many, clearing his name and making up for his past sins.

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    While cool, why not just retcon idw star saber the easy way and make him Magnus 2.0?

Like for me, after ultra Magnus (minimus ambus) essentially goes awol from tyrest and joins up on the lost light tyrest creates a new enforcer with the star saber armor. The religious zealot is just the current inner robot

13. TF rocks

Nah. I wanted to do it my way, and this seems more likely to me. It's my headcanon, so it stays. I like your idea too though. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Fair enough :p  that's the great thing about headcanon :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. TF rocks

Yep! :lol  You may like my fanfic for this, as it is in the works here on TFW! It's called Star Saber: Doppelganger Displacement. I hope you will read it. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not according to TFwiki. Beast Wars and Beast Machines take place one after another. Then tens of thousands of years later its Beast Wars II and Neo.

17. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

A while back, I ran some numbers on the difference between vorns and breems, and everything fell out suspiciously neatly if you assume Cybertronians use base-48 for their time system. Which, I note, is not too dissimilar mathematically from humanity's assorted base-12 time systems. And while 48 contains several divisors of 2 and 3, it contains none of the next prime number, 5 - coincidentally, the number associated with the Quintessons. I wonder if there might be some history behind that?

Anyway, IF base-48 is the case, 300 time units might apply to:
    300 of the unit one step larger than vorns = 300 x 4 millennia = 1.2 million years
    300 of the unit two steps larger than vorns = 300 x 192 millennia = 57.6 million years - not hugely larger in magnitude than the 25 million you suggested.

(And of course, there's also the possibility that if "years" was translated, so might have been "300 years" from "3.6 vorns", or equivalent.)

...I also have theories about whether Transformer age distribution follows a power law, given that there doesn't appear to be an upper limit to how old a Transformer can become, which would severely skew what counted as an 'average' age, or at least a median one.

• Like Like x 4
  18. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I like to think that sometime after Beast Machines, Cybertron "fissioned" -- you know, that "budding" process from the G2 comics? In that way, it split into two planets: one was a fully mechanical (and transformable!) Cybertron, and the other was a wholly organic Jungle Planet -- Animatros.

Facsinating! I'm really interested in the details of this.

19. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

CW Rook is RID Strongarm's older brother and he is the reason she went into law enforcement. When he was selected to join the ranks of the esteemed Protectobots she knew at that moment what she was going to do.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that Beast Wars 2 and Neo characters come from the same era as Primal and his crew