What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Lepidoptera

Lepidoptera Antisocial butterfly lady

Headcanon: Movieverse Optimus is struggling with depression and PTSD and trying to keep it hidden from everyone because Autobot morale depends on him staying strong.

Because who says 'bots capable of emotion can't also have the equivalents to our mental issues? I'm sure wires and circuits can get crossed in a way that manifests as depression or a mental illness.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't think it's a depression, may be PTSD, but not a depression. I was in depression and know, what it is. Optimus demonstrates the signs of soul ascent in every Movie! The life of an Autobot leader is unbearably hard and only the heart from stone could avoid the moments of deep sorrow and regret, He has lived through. But depression means inactivity and refusing a fight and you never see Optimus in this condition. Even in the beginning of AOE He retreated and hides, but didn't surrendered to CW and Lockdown and immediately start to trust Cade, because He was hoping to fix the situation and awaiting to meet another kindhearted human.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depression can also manifest as aggression, it manifests differently with different personality types

• Like Like x 4
  4. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Cybertronians are sapient living organisms so pretty sure they experience stress, trauma, depression. Remember, they can think, feel and have emotions.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lepidoptera

Depression can manifest in a lot of ways. Optimus seems downright suicidal in TLK when he thought he was going to die at the hands of the Knights. He made no effort to explain himself, he basically laid down on the metaphorical chopping block and seems surprised when Cade saves him.

I attempted suicide twice in my life. It's like hitting a point where I can't imagine my future or being part of anything anymore. I just wanted to end. Then I didn't because I was thwarted. Just like Optimus. It's an awful place to be mentally and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Exactly, but our brains and neurotransmitters can cause us to feel different ways. So it stands to reason that a Cybertronian dealing with a mental illness or mood disorder will have something going on in their hardware and / or software. (ie physical CPU "brain" vs the data flowing in it.)

Okay another random headcanon: Cybertronians are walking quantum computers. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Onyx Prime was greatly in tune with nature on Cybertron and delved deeply into the nature of Cybertronian evolution. He even eventually came across a massive discovery — the manner in which Spark energy flowed through the world and made itself manifest through Vector Sigma and other Transformers. With this, he practiced fortifying his own mind and Spark and with the empathetic aid of Micronus, gained an ability not unlike Mindwipe's precognition ability — one in which he was able to on his own go into a state in which his body could dodge and aim on its own. Initially, linking with Micronus was the only means to achieve a similar state at the temporary sacrifice of one's eyesight. Linking with Micronus is still the only way to achieve this state in a "permanent" manner.

Alpha Trion, in his logging of the Primes' achievements, practiced under Onyx to learn more of it. The science of it fascinated Solus most, although she found the religion growing at the time quite irksome.

Thundertron of the Star Seekers eventually figured out how to tap in and become more dangerous than Optimus Prime on the battlefield... for 30 second, highly exhausting bursts due to shoddy methods and a lack of real Spark fortification.

On the topic of disorders within Transformers, my head canon definitely has them involved. There are currents in the Spark and connections within it, as well as to the brain module. Sometimes, a Transformer is just not made right and something goes irreversibly wrong within the currents and connections. Other times, experiences, injuries, and traumatic events can reshape the mind and Spark leading to things such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. Depression is fairly common in the Decepticons — Spinister, Dreadwind, and Dead End are a few examples — due to the culture. It's not uncommon to encounter a Decepticon with a temper problem either, although Prowl has one in my head canon too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Barricade spent his time during ROTF and AOE at the Bahamas...

• Like Like x 7
  8. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie NYEH HEH HEH

The Dinobots have been around a long time. They actually have been around since before the war. There were more Dinobots than the fab 5 we all know. The Dinobots were an elite team of bots that the autobots allied with before forming the elite guard or the wreckers. Their leader was not always Grimlock. In the beginning the leader of the Dinobots was Scorn. The rest of my idea is that the Dinobots were basically the German Crusaders from Overwatch lore. Grimlock is basically the Reinhardt of the group. To go off someone else's point in an earlier post Slash is Grimlock's daughter and the first new Dinobot in over 7 billion stellercycles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    -"Car Robots" Megatron is a rogue member of the same Six Clan that Sixshot is part of.
    -The Constructicons were never brainwashed into being Decepticons like the G1 cartoon proposed, they just rolled like that on their own will. Fortunately, legit Cybertroian architecture and construction was handled by other skilled architects like The Build Team from "Car Robots:. Their combiner form Landfill was a early response to Devastator, but falls on the short end of combat ability compared to him and other combiners, mostly as a result of only being 4 robots. Still, Landfill is one of the more stable minded of the combiners, and excels at construction. The Build Team are also good friends and collaborators with Grapple, Hoist, and Scoop. They're no where as openly religious as Scoop, but welcome his company just the same. They also get along with the Protectobots and the Rescue Bot program on Earth. Boulder from the rescue bots is inspired by their examples.

10. Lepidoptera

Bayverse Sentinel Prime was Optimus' father.

Sentinel was a genius because he was created from matter off the AllSpark cube.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Shattered Glass Dinobots only differ from mainline Dinobots in that they lack tradition Autobot Morals. Same intelligence, same strength, same minds, just different morals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Being forged/constructed cold, Transformers are incapable of copulation, and would struggle to comprehend the very ideas of sex, pregnancy, and parenthood because such notions are beyond their realm of experience. The closest that comes to human families in Cybertronian society are spark-siblings (when one spark splits into two Cybertronians), mentorship (where an older Transformer takes a younger one under their wing and fills something similar to a parental role), and Conjunx Endura (as in canon, two are bound together romantically in an equivalent to marriage). Gender is purely a manner of self expression on Cybertron, and, though it isn't common, some Transformers will have their bodies reconstructed to better fit their perception of themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Edwardmus Prime

On that subject, my head canon doesn't go with the forged/constructed cold thing, instead relying on a combination of parental lineage and Vector Sigma (it takes two Transformers — "male" and "female" — to connect to Vector Sigma and using their information, it constructs a new bot. That pretty much means that the "build 'em" method used prevalently in G1 isn't a thing... although my head canon is a combination of G1, toy bios, Aligned and winging it.)

Even in that case, pregnancy is a pretty alien concept to the Transformers. Arcee, upon finding out about it in humans, was rather horrified and even likened it to having a parasite while Nightbeat, Sunstreaker and quite a few other bots were quite squeamish. Although Transformers are generally less averse to new things than humans, one can think of it like how one would think of a chestburster. Others like Hound, were simply baffled. Shockwave, in all his glory, was quite taken with it (naturally finding out through a different means than the Autobots.)

Transformers are born with an innate ability to pick up on language and curiosity, and tend to latch onto the first mature Sparked individual who pays them mind. In a sense, all "parental" relationships are a type of mentorship. Transformers are generally drawn to these protoforms upon proximity to them. Protoforms are born fully sized but without all their parts solidified or an alt mode — gathering traits as they learn. Transformers are naturally drawn to adolescent human children as nurturers because of their resemblance to protoforms. Weirdly enough, Hound and Optimus can't help but see teenagers more as babies than actual infants.

Protoforms are a quintessential example of how pliable Transformers can be. They phase out of being able to completely update their form after the Spark becomes less chaotic and the cybermatter quells, but can still change alt mode at will and transformation into that new alt mode into maturity. (Dinobots mature faster because they have an alt mode predetermined from birth, but tend to be less bright as a result.)

This serves as a catch-22 for some bots whom would rather have a different look, but similar to color changing there are procedures on modern Cybertron for that purpose. Some bots do indeed change themselves to better suit a prototypically "male" or "female" build; they'll still carry their birth Spark type, but there are strives to erase this fact and enable bots to change their Spark subtype (the component having to do with synching with Vector Sigma to generate protoforms.) What's oddly humanitarian (robotitarian?) of him is that Shockwave has made the most breakthroughs in this field.
    ______
    I should probably go into detail about Spark types since I mention them a lot. The size and alt mode types of the progenitors is hardwired into the Spark, determining the size of the bot at random based on that and the amount of cybermatter needed to keep the subsequent Spark stable. The currents and connections within the Spark determine the overall "strength" (a misnomer considering that many bots with certain Spark types are weaker than certain ones with "weaker" ones") or type of Spark. Sex is determined by subtype.

In order from the "top" to "bottom", these are the Spark types of my head canon. I haven't thought of many quite yet.

Prime
    Magnus
    Charlie
    Delta

A Transformer's Spark is catalogued under their profiles and in medical journals. It's essentially a short descriptor, taking the letters of the main type and the bot's subtype. The main type is represented by multiple letters. This is often called a signature. An example would be Arcee, who is female and a Charlie type. Thus, her signature is CH-F. Optimus's is PR-M, and Dreadwind's DT-M.

At least, that's what I got so far. Still ironing it out.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Edwardmus Prime

Going to bump this thread up so it doesn't get lost.

This has nothing to do with my more often used head canon, but Unicron is enjoying a string of successes in several universes. (As a side note, the "uni" in his name pertains to how there is most of the time a single version of him per universal cluster, although duplicates aren't unheard of.) These victories are still somewhat murky.

To elaborate, with the low odds of their being a conclusion to the Movieverse, Unicron will transform and emerge to attack the universe. After devouring the remnants of Cybertron, he will set his quest on the stars. The Transformers nearby? All dead, except for Hound who escapes with Simmons aboard the Knightship to possibly warn other worlds. Annoyingly, Quintessa is there too. (Spoilers: most don't buy the story... until Unicron is bearing down on them...)

And in a particularly G1 branch of the Prime Wars trilogy, Unicron keeps his activity on the down low after apparently being destroyed, similar to Liege Maximo. He manipulates events to go in the direction they have so far, not allowing the Primes to reincarnate in their full forms and corrupting their minds so some of the most noble find themselves on the wrong side of the war.

The next step in his quest to eliminate threats caused the now dejected Hot Rod (after the return of Optimus Prime,) to inadvertently become corrupted by Unicron's own spawn: the Matrix of Chaos. Nemesis Hot Rod manipulated Galvatron into the right place, allowing he to kill Optimus Prime. Nemesis then evolves into Rodimus Unicronus and kills Galvatron for betraying Unicron.

Realizing the trouble they are in, Autobot remnants searched for a new wielder for the Matrix of Leadership. The chaos sowed by Unicronus rips holes in space and time, and the Autobots Ultra Magnus, Rook, Arcee and Hound are thrown into the future which is also being threatened by Unicron's forces, as the deity transcends time.

They find Optimus Primal, who is chosen by the Matrix. The new Prime does battle with Rodimus Unicronus, but loses after a long, difficult fight and the Matrix of Leadership is destroyed. Unicron rises. He destroys Earth, and ravages Cybertron.

Unfortunately for Unicron, the Primes realize the trouble and coax Elita-1 into combining using the Enigma of Combination, with Hound, Rook, Firestar and Moonracer as her compatriots. Vector combines with Elita's core, while four other Prime Masters join in each limb. Vector's time manipulation abilities combined with Elita's and a significant power-up from the combination prove crucial. "Elita Infinite" kills Unicronus but is unable to fight Unicron directly, so Instead they opt to tear apart their universe's space-time, destroying the universe and themselves just as Unicron intended but also eliminating Unicron and spawning a new universal cluster free entirely from any version of Unicron but also free from Transformers...

At least, until someone screws with that cluster's fabric and causes Transformers influence to bleed in...

... Naturally, as I described before, the story of Maximo, Rodimus's corruption, generally how the Prime Wars and Primes work out, etc. is different from what happens here. Right now, I'm thinking that blurb is either a prequel, a different universe in the cluster, or just events from a different cluster in technically the same continuity.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

In TLK, BB's...reformatting was an outlier ability.

Also in TLK, the knights of Iacon transported to Earth by the original Ark from G1.

Bayverse Dinobots had a past similar to G1 Marvel and IDW comics, where they were on Earth since the Jurassic age. However, during their slumber, Lockdown collected them, no hassle.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Inner Ultra Magnus(White Prime) is Minimal Magnus.

I don't know why, I just really hate the name Minimus Ambus and Knock Out has recently been taken.

17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

If the Bayverse concludes before a follow-up to The Last Knight, my theory is that Unicron awakens, and with no Matrix to destroy his form, he emerges, destroying Earth, and annihilating many of the remaining Autobots, leaving only Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Megatron, and Thundercracker. The five now pilot Cybertron around the multiverse, searching for ways to defeat him.
    Optimus is now extremely single-minded in his quest to kill Unicron, and far more willing to make moral compromises. He challenges other Prime's for their Matrixes in hopes of using their combined power on Unicron.
    Bumblebee serves Optimus out of necessity, but understands he's gone too far and will try and sway others peacefully into helping them.
    Grimlock is mostly the same as ever, but now no longer holds back.
    Megatron enjoys the change in Optimus and will try to manipulate him to br even more ruthless.
    Thundercracker was a Decepticon who left because of the Battle of Chicago, but joined Prime because he couldn't ignore threat of Unicron. He fears Prime and is looking for a way to escape.
    I like to think they end up in a Primax universe where the local Optimus Prime defeats the Tyran Prime with the help of the Tyran Bumblebee. Megatron and Grimlock are also destroyed/imprisoned, Deathsaurus steals their Cybertron to use as a prototype for his Warworld, Bumblebee joins the local Autobots under the name, Centurion, and Thundercracker leaves to join a neutral colony. Centurion returns to calling himself Bumblebee when the local Bumblebee becomes Goldbug.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    In the SG verse Ozzy Osborne is Mindwipe's headmaster partner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Primacon didn't create Unicron he just built the body.

The reason for dinobots recession in season 3 is in Desertion of the Dinobots Megatron points out while robot node they are more vulnerable and after a bg combined attack out of commission. Afterwards they spend more time in their beast modes but begin to suffer from something similar to the Maximals did in Call of the Wild.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

New headcanon~! :3

Starscream is actually an Autobot in one universe, becoming known only as 'The Mech who Makes the Stars Scream' to the Decepticons. He is a dangerous foe, being as cunning and deceptive as his other, evil counterparts. However, he is far from a true coward, and if he is on the battlefield, most would be better off running than staying around. His cowardly acts are just that, an act, to fool his enemies into not taking him seriously. If it looks like he is running from a battle, Starscream is actually most likely heading back around to attack his enemies from a new position.

Megatron himself wants Starscream either on his side, or dead. The former would be more preferable, but the latter is more desirable since Starscream's skills and deceptive tactics are close to that of Megatron himself.

Without Megatron to belittle him, talk down to him, and abuse him, Starscream is a confident, easy going mech who loves to be in the lab with Wheeljack, but also loves to explore new places with Hound. However, Starscream is also a good strategist and is not afraid of doing deceptive tactics should the need arise. His easy going, confident attitude makes it hard to believe such a mech could be so feared by the Decepticons, but do not underestimate him. He understands the need to fight and will, using his knowledge of weapons and geography to win battles with strategies he comes up with based on that information. These skills are a reason why Megatron wants Starscream either dead or alive. He is considered skilled and dangerous enough to be the SIC of the Decepticons if Megatron had gotten to him first.

• Like Like x 5