What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    -Prime Masters are not the Original 13 themselves. Rather, then are bots who were trained by the direct servants of the Primes and thus have knowledge lost to time. The Pretender Shells were created to hide who they truly are, as they are hunted by the power hungry who wish to have their knowledge.

-The Dinobots in G1 talk and act as they do because they use inefficient power sources, meaning they can't use Energon correctly and the power that would normally go to their brains is needed to move their bodies. This is why in Grimlock's Brain, when he gets hit by the generator, he gains enough power to function as he always should have and giving that energy to the Technobots reduced him to normal. The Beast is just a continuation of this, as all power to their minds is cut off, leaving a creature of instinct. Volcanicus is formed by using the Dinobot Enigma (which Slash is the guardian of) to give them enough power to have cognitive function; thus Volcanicus has the same mental levels as the Dinobots. Should a single Dinobot use the Enigma they will become super intelligent just like Grimlock did in the episode

-The Starscream Combiner is named Tyrannus and is from an alternate reality where he, rather than making Onslaught, used his time to upgrade his body to make himself the leader of the Combaticons . Tyrannus is a vain combiner who seeks to rule all and hates all the Combaticons... including Starscream, seeing them as inferior to his greatness. Thundercracker and Skywarp battle for the right to be the new leader of the Seekers.

-Elita-1's combiner name is Elita Maxima. She is from a reality where Elita came to Earth with her team to work with the Autobots. She and Optimus Maximus are the ultimate Autobot Combiner Tag team

-The Power Rangers Megazord is based on the fallen remains of a combiner team that Zordon found a a world ruined by the Autobot/Decepticon war.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

This is actually very similar to my head canon. The story goes that a team of Primes created the Prime Masters (actually called something different) and made them smaller so they were easier to carry around so they can better serve the purpose of empowering Transformers.

They were actually intended as a way to extend an olive branch to the lesser Transformers of the time, but things didn't turn out too well in that regard and they realized the danger to the twelve prototypes.

Quintus/Onyx (depending on whether I am going with the Six or the Twelve/Thirteen), Solus and Micronus recognized them as sapient and Micronus took most under his wing. Onyx/Quintus grew quite fond of his and held it as a pupil. It even took on his name/the name Quintus.

Some of Micronus's and Onyx's final deeds were to preserve what they considered innocent lives. Most perished anyway, but some get discovered in the modern day:

Ghosthorn (Skullgrin/Maximo)
    Quintus Minor
    Stellarfire (Solus's)
    and Mike (Vector's Prime Master... never took on a name until arriving on Earth.)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackjack is Swindle remade.
    Thundercracker is Scourge.
    Skywarp is Cyclonus.
    No G1 Galvatron-Still Megatron
    Headmasters,Targetmasters,Powermasters,Pretenders,and Titan Masters are Nebulan tech.
    Prime Masters are Thirteen in smaller size.
    Headmasters are the bodies and Titan Masters are the heads.
    Galvatronus replaces Cyberwarp with Viper.
    MOST ANNOYING:CARLOS LOPEZ
    The Star Seeker Tidal Wave ship is also a Transformer.
    Beast Wars doesn't exist.
    Beast Machines is alternate reality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

OK, that's pretty fun. Well played, sir.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Chuggington

Chuggington Is not a train

A few head canon ideas I've been kicking around for the POTP line:

-The nameless Enigmas that come with combiner torsos in POTP are synthetic recreations of Prime Masters that forcibly reconfigures Transformers to allow them to become combiners, which would explain the whacked out proportions on most of them.

-Optimus and Rodimus' leader class "evolution" modes are power up modes, like digivolving or going Super Saiyan.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    -Autobots and Decepticons were more like political parties that went to extremes, but not straight up good and evil like how I grew up with.
    -Genders are a natural part of Cybertroians, strong LBGT+ presence. Orientation politics is pretty much light years ahead of human's that it's pretty much a non-issue. So is equity. It's easy to have that subject to be fluid in a race of shapeshifters. I haven't made any head-canon decisions about reproduction though.
    -"Powers of The Primes" Slash is a pack of sisters. I can't help buying multiple of her to make a little Raptor pack along side the other Dinobots, they're fun! I'm waiting to see what Reprolabels has planned before deciding on finding a way to visually differentiate them. The very first one I bought before Christmas is the alpha sister. I haven't decided if they have different names or not.
    -Brawn Lives!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Cue the Seinfeld theme!

My head cannon's are:
    Nemesis, Galvatron, and Rodimus Unicronus are brothers

Starsaber in IDW was possessed by Unicron and has been tricked to kill others who are "non-believers" as a sick sense of humor

Movieverse Prime, and all the Autobots for that matter, have been mentally and emotionally damaged, leading to them kill

POTP Slash is pretty much a little sister, however, she is near fatally injured by Predaking and Abominus. This leads to the five original Dinobots combining into Volcanicus, due to their similar immense feelings of rage. It also serves as a reason as to why she can't combine with them.

Scale never existed.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Centurion is Movie Bee brought into the G1 universe. Much like how red Bee is Stinger, mouth plate Bee is Centurion.

• Like Like x 3
  9. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The entire Aligned continuity leads up to Splatoon.

• Like Like x 4
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Primus is not Cybertron. Primus was just the first spark to crawl out of the galactic protoplasm. From him, all other Cybertronians evolved. He sometimes uses the physical structure of Cybertron, when needed, but he is not Cybertron itself. Cybertron is simply one of his tools or vehicles, if you will.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    -Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave are pretty much their IDW versions; complex, ultimately morally gray characters, sometimes tragic. There's still irredeemable monsters like Overlord, and pretty chill reasonable Decepticons like G1 cartoon Octane. There's also villainous Autobots who operate alone.
    -Every Transformers continuity happened, it's a Multiverse. My own head-canon universe is just another one. Multiverse crossovers are not a uncommon occurrence.
    -All the G1 beast cassettes can talk, most just choose not to. Others like RatBat are real chatterboxes.
    -From an old fan fic I read back in the 90s, there's at least one universe where Starscream was the one jettisoned during the events of the '86 movie, and was transformed by Unicron into G2 Skyquake in the place of Galvatron. He turns out to be a more stable Deception leader in the long run compared to cartoon Galvatron, and a formidable antagonist to any universe.
    -Unicron is a God, not a creation of Primacron.
    -Quickswitch is SixShot's son.
    -SixShot eventually reforms similar to how he did in the Headmasters cartoon, though he remains a Decepticon in his own fashion.
    -Ratchet is pretty much a mixture of Animated and Prime, with Jeffery Comb's voice. And some of the weird history with Megatron in the Marvel comics. Composite merged Megatron/Ratchet?...totally happened.
    -Thundercracker eventually makes a living as a screenwriter, and becomes the first Cybertroian to settle down in a Earth neighborhood, by having the government convert a abandoned warehouse/factory near a residential zone into a fully official residence to accommodate his size. Mailbox, front and back yard, dog house for Buster, the whole works. He takes regular parts in the neighborhood committees and uses remote control drones to shop for him in stores.

• Like Like x 10
  12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Movie Optimus Prime is a tragic hero. He starts out as the sort of idealist Marvel G1 Optimus was, always preferring to spare an enemy over killing them, particularly with his "brother", Megatron, and like TF: Prime Optimus, only the endangering of innocent civilians could drive him to killing, as he did with Bonecrusher or Demolisher. However, when Megatron could only be stopped when Sam ended his life, Optimus became more willing to kill if an enemy proved too dangerous to be left alive. After his own death and the near-death of Sam at the hands of Megatron, as well as the Fallen disregarding the deaths of his own brothers, he became an angrier, more pragmatic soldier, more willing to compromise his old morality to end Decepticon threats. Finally, after the betrayal of Sentinel Prime and the death of Ironhide, something in Optimus that was bending finally snapped, hence why he chose the finality of victory, even as Megatron (albeit mockingly) offered him a truce, and he executed Sentinel even as his old mentor begged for his life. When the humans betrayed the Autobots, after Optimus Prime had sacrificed his friends, his enemies, his own homeworld, and even himself standing up for them, Optimus was so broken and scarred that all he felt he had left to care about were his fellow Autobots. Even then, he holds back from killing Joshua Joyce or allowing Hound to kill him, and well, the character arc in Age of Extinction speaks for itself. As of The Last Knight, though, the reason Quintessa sways him into becoming Nemesis Prime is because he still felt the sting from being betrayed by all he had sworn to protect, and the revelation of Earth being Unicron gave him what he felt was an excuse. Bumblebee's words, "I'm Bumblebee, your oldest friend. Optimus, I would lay down my life for you..." opened Optimus Prime's eyes to the fact that he had not only become everything he had fought against, but also everything that had hurt him in the first place. Like Sentinel, he was betraying one he had considered a close friend, and whom (if the line "I went through that with Bumblebee" is any indication) one he had mentored, as Sentinel mentored him. After the Iacon Knights make clear their intention to execute him, he doesn't fight back because at this point, he feels he deserves death for everything he has done. Given another second chance by Cade, he seeks to earn his redemption by fighting beside his fellow Autobots again, and proudly declaring Earth as his planet, and Bumblebee as his friend to Quintessa. By the end of the movie, I like to think he's rediscovered some of his idealistic nature, and that he's somewhere between the moral idealist of the first movie, and the determined soldier of the second. We'll see how he is in Transformers 6, though.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    -Rescue Bots is in continuity, as a cultural exchange type program that's popular with more civilian, non-combatant-by-choice Transformers (but not restricted to). The ones in "Rescue Bots" and the upcoming "Autobot Academy" are not the first class through this.. the Protectobots are.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

You summed up my thoughts better than I ever could. Regardless to say, ditto.

• Like Like x 2
  15. greboguru

Headcanon:
    Goldbug is not Bumblebee in a new body. He's, I dunno, maybe a clone. Or someone who hero-worships Bumblebee. Or, oh! I know, how about he's Bumblebee's teacher, the master spy who trained Bumblebee in the arts of espionage.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    -Pyra Magna eventually does become a Prime, but not till a long and at times adversarial unofficial mentor-ship under Optimus that challenges a lot of her ideas and tempers her to consider more viewpoints and have a stronger sense of empathy compared to her Magna days. When the Matrix of Leadership gets passed to her, her form pretty much resembles a heavily retooled version of Car Robots "Fire Convoy". Her current team of Torchbearers join her, and can still combine into a even stronger version of Victorion. A new team of Torchbearers succeed them on Caminus.
    -Instead of being built from Megatron, Megaempress is the crazed sister of Pyra who left Caminus, joined the Decepticons and renamed herself. She's another in a line of Decepticon commanders who restylized and renamed themselves after Megatron out of both awe and spite since the original still left the 'Cons like his IDW self. Her personality and power level from the "United Warriors" fiction is still the same. Becoming Megatronia is the result of a misadventure involving the Enigma of Combination purely out of one-upping Pyra. Not surprisingly given their personalities, she's very good friends with (TF Cybertron) Thunderblast.
    -Trickdiamond eventually quits teaming up with Armada Trust and finds more success teaming up with Swindle for profit and get-rich-quick schemes. She provides more power and ambitions while Swindle has more experience and imagination.They spend so much time together that appearances of fully formed Brutucus and Megatronia become rare, half of which rely on more scramble-city style substitutes. Swindle and Quickdiamond become less war profiteer and more like the wackiness from the Legends Manga. They do eventually become Conjunx Endura..on their own terms.

-Other future Decepticon leaders who style themselves after Megatron are Car Robots Megatron, the various Unicron Trilogy versions, and the Japanese Beast II/Neo ones. Usurpers to Galvatron's name and likeness also becomes a fad for them. Of course, the most successful and infamous one is Beast Wars Megatron. Some of the other one style themselves after him directly instead of original Megatron.
    -Beast Wars and Beast Machines still happened, with a few continuity changes here and there, so there was a very brief time where all Cybertroian sparks on that planet were held by BW Megs, and The Great Reformatting still happened. Optimus Primal never returns, but he, Dinobot, and others who were died during the Beast Wars are celebrated as heroes. Beast Megatron also never returns and his regarded as one of the most reviled villains in history by all fractions. A new major Cybertroian religion springs up from the teachings of Primal's communion with Vector Sigma. A significant number of Cybertroians arn't too thrilled with the changes, leading to them leaving for the other, still more robotic colony worlds, while a large number from Eukaris immigrant back to Cybertron. The exploits of Leo Convoy and Big Convoy are a result.
    -The Beast Era Predacons started as a group by what was left of the original Predacons, who became the first Tripredacus Council. They came to Eukaris after Razorclaw and at least one other Predacon died, so they were never able to re-combine into Predaking, but still use their legend to attract more disfranchised Eukarians to join them, including the one that would become BW Megatron. The three were eventually overthrown from leadership by the modern Tripredacus Council, Ram Horn, Sea Clamp, and Cicadacon, and their combiner form Tripredacus. They were the council during the Beast Wars era.
    -I'm beginning to think I have a frustrated novelist inside me :-o

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  17. MapleSamurai

MapleSamurai MapleSamurai

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Speaking as someone who set out to just write a backstory for the AOE Dinobots on this thread and ended up writing the entire history of movieverse Cybertron, I think I know the feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

This heacanon I actually could get behind! XD!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

No bot in existence sans Shockwave himself knows why he seems nearly entirely stoic. There are no known brain module or Spark defects that adequately describe his lack of empathy, even when they don't know of his sheer nonchalant brutality in the name of logic. His existence is shrouded in mystery; in fact, it even seems that any record of him coming into being has been wiped clean. It is these facts that greatly unnerve bots from many different city states and feudal civilizations — even the Decepticons find it rather unsettling, one of whom was Optimus Prime before his turning of coat who was generally averse to working with him. Spinister grew alarmed by his lack of conscience and soon joined others like Off Road (notably, a "just business" ax murderer here) and the ranks of 'Cons who got to know him too well.

Several Autobot scientists came up with several theories... most of which just left them more unsettled. (Guys, I just like my Shockwave creepy... I think it's justified considering he is technically the final boss of my head canon.)

Shockwave found this quite clever, if ultimately disappointing: Liege Maximo backed up his Spark into the tiny companion he was given. It was less a devious trick and more that he was too narcissistic to imagine a world without him, but Shockwave wouldn't know this. When triggered by the presence of Solus's hammer, Ghosthorn (the aforementioned Maximo companion/a Prime Master) transformed into a clone of him and eventually highjacks Rodimus's Spark. This lead to a physical transformation, at least partially for aesthetic reasons.

Shockwave found it quite disappointing when the various conflicting personalities destabilized the clone and generates what is essentially a multi-personality, psychopathic Hot Rod instead of the grand return of a Prime. It is evident that what really manifested was Maximo's smug, narcissistic personality but none of his memories, knowledge nor all his strength. Ultimately, "Rodimus Maximo" gets purged through activating a function of the Matrix of Leadership meant to stabilize a core Spark. This has a side effect of amnesia, so Hot Rod ends up needing to recover the trust of the Autobots. Another effect of the chain of events is that Hound questions his reverence for the Maximo of the Self-Sustaination religious sect, even considering a change of color to distance himself from the alleged deity.

Shockwave's deduction was that Maximo may have had the right idea, but it was executed sloppily.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. greboguru

G1 Stepper/Ricochet is named Artfire. He later becomes the leader of the Spychangers.
    G1 Artfire is named Stepper. He eventually became Fire Convoy, who I call Optimus Fire. Optimus Fire later got a new body, so he's the same character as the one we know as Galaxy Convoy.