What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I just now developed the headcanon that Lio Convoy is an evolution of Victory Leo, aka Ginrai

• Like Like x 1
  2. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

Mine is the storie of the last Decepticon.Autobots are slowly letting go and the Maximals are taking there place as Rulers of cybertron. The remaining Autobots have there G2 bodies thanks to Jetfires experiments but a new generation is coming. But the remaining Autobots are training and giving up there power to the Maximals. Some Autobots are looking for the last Decepticons. Because a new faction has formed the predacons. There leader's are former Decepticons that are buying there time to uprise. But 1 Decepticon is still figths on, looking for Shockwaves experiments and the lost technology like pretenders. Who is this last Decepticon ? What is his goal? How will the remaining Autobots cacht him?

3. GogoDG

GogoDG Come and help me somebody quicklyyyyyyahhhhhhh!

Twitter:
    Mine may sound a bit strange. But for me the WFC and FOC games come before the G1 cartoon. One may ask "but Metroplex was built in 2005, how then he appeared millions of years in the past" or "Silverbolt and Air Raid were created by Vector Sigma in 1985". These could be easy explained, Metroplex died in the war on Cybertron, then the Autobots had the idea to remake him but better, the same could be applied for Trypticon. Air Raid and Silverbolt can be explained too, basically when the Ark crashed, most of the people on board died (that includes basic NPC soldiers and Silverbolt and Air Raid too), then in the "The key to Vector Sigma", Optimus knowing of his fallen comrades gives the idea of "Aerialbots" to Vector Sigma. Many other inconsistencies can be explained too, but I won't bother you with that.

4. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

In between Energon and Cybertron, the autobots took all the energon and cybertronian tech from Earth and mindwiped everyone so noone remembers they were there. That's why in Cybertron, everyone is clueless about the transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. GogoDG

Twitter:
    For me Cybertron never was part of Armada and Energon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

For Power of the Primes:

Optimus Primal, last seen (going by US continuity) dying while grappling with his mortal enemy before the Reformatting, awakens during the Present day of 2018, back in his Original body. Ashe explores his new surroundings (Earth or Cybertron), he happens upon a massive battle between the Autobots, Decepticons, and, let's say, going by IDW, Onyx Prime. The situation is grave, as Hot Rod has been temporarily Elevated to Rodimus Prime, and most of the Big Guns (Fort Max, Superion, Devastator, Sixshot, Overlord, ) are in Stasis Lock. Primal enters the battle, and during the fracas Optimus Prime is mortally wounded.....Rodimus is occupied with Onyx's Herald, Dracotron (a repurposed Beast Hunters Predaking), so Prime passes the Matrix to Primal, who is Elevated to Optimal Optimus (or Primal Prime, depending on Color Scheme).......Optimal beats back Onyx who flees as both sides withdraw to recover......

Epilogue (if this is told via Machinima or comic): in a dark, secluded place, a familiar looking spider (Tarantulas) informs his Leader that the Onyx clone was partially successful in its programming , but Primal is here. The shadow leader at first shoots a wasp (Waspinator) and pterodactyl (Terrorsaur) minion, then says that the Autobots would be in no condition to face what would be coming, and Primal, Prime, it doesn't matter, no. Revenge is all that matters, as the figure rises from his throne , flanked by Stryka, Obsidian, and BW Inferno.......oh, yesssssss. (Assuming we get a updated BW Megatron)

Damn, that actually sounds like a halfway decent plot there.......maybe some comic maker can make it happen........

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rattrap Primal

Interesting that Generations Slash is a female Dinobot

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rattrap Primal

Events in Official Cannon are mentioned and at times mocked, with both sides occasionally having members who have to be talked down from going after Hasbro or IDW

Debating if the Dinobots would be crafty like in the comics, disobedient jerks in the Pre Movie days or somewhat childlike in Season 3

9. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

This one may be a bit faulty considering I came up with it late at night, but:

On Cybertron, Transformers are much more fragile than on Earth. Going off the head/personal canon that Cybertron is an inhospitable hellhole for those not adapted, the Cybertronians are constantly assaulted by the harsh conditions on their home planet which wears down on the extra durability brought by their Sparks. Thus, the forces are mostly reduced to the toughest of the bunch who go on to be juggernauts on Earth.

This doesn't mean they go down easily yet, I should clarify. (Seems like people are allergic to Transformers that can actually die.) They just go from casually throwing shots to really feeling the sting and being potentially injured by a few on Cybertron.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Transformers can't just be killed by a single enemy shot. With humans, we can take a few bullets (unless they are very well placed) and survive just fine. I've always found it stupid when Transformers just blow giant holes in each other without issue using only their handheld weapons. Their guns shouldn't be that powerful, or if they are, everyone would have developed better armor to counteract it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edwardmus Prime

Transformers, going at it for as long as they typically have, should know where to place a shot. It does somewhat degrade the Transformers status as cool, giant robots for them to easily blast each other to kingdom come (just look at the movies), but it should also be important for them to have some level of vulnerability or a weakness of some kind. Otherwise it just gets boring.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    On condition that their wars don't last longer than a few dozen years at most.
    Million year wars are ridiculous as is, but the idea cannot be sustained at al if Cybertronians have human level vulnerability.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rattrap Primal

The Insecticons are trying to form their own Faction, and have taken on an intern.......Movie Line Insecticon, renamed Speedy

14. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I just got Oilmaster, the gorilla pretender shell with a truck Decepticon and a jet Decepticon inside. The truck is a Swerve repaint, goofy grin and all. So I figure the reason he built this pretender shell is because he's 'too friendly' and the other 'Cons didn't take him seriously. Also he's just kind of lazy and hates walking / driving anywhere.

The jet (who I'm calling Airwave, although as far as I can tell both figures are technically named Oilmaster) is his conjunx endura who is always complaining about the lack of space in their studio-apartment-gorilla.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GogoDG

Twitter:
    Lmao

16. Edwardmus Prime

Are you arguing against characters being in danger during a war story? Like, there are more comical Transformers series but if there's going to be stakes, there must be some level of vulnerability from Transformers lest there be no suspense. The movies, for example, have Autobots who go untouched aside from bit characters in the service of making them look "badass" when all it does is dull the action when composed against the balsa wooden Decepticons. If the Decepticons were similarly indestructible, it is still clear what is going to come out of it and action becomes fluff.

A war really wouldn't last more than a few decades, if you will bring comparisons to humans in here. The Transformers have thus far displayed psychology very similar to that of humans (because it is honestly difficult to truly step outside our way of thinking), so logically the war we are seeing would be entirely different from the one that started a few million years ago — motivations, leaders, factions, all would have changed. Just look at conflicts here on Earth.

If human like vulnerability counters the millions-year war, so would human like thought. That is something that most who are into the franchise I am sure have chosen to suspend their disbelief over. Of course, my observation of them knowing where to shoot gets dissolved here and without flooding this thread with a huge off topic post, the ultimate conclusion is:

Transformers, in its common tenets and depictions, is bullshit. Love it, though. And this is hilariously off topic, so I am going to stop now.

17. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    I am arguing that in order for a million year war to be sustainable and acceptable to both parties their situation would have to be one where it is extremely difficult to actually cause fysical damage to each other.
    But i agree a million year war is inherently ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Yeah, we're supposed to believe that this deadly war has been raging for millions of years with Primus knows how many people living on it before the war and they're JUST starting to run low on resources whenever the story starts?

19. Edwardmus Prime

I wasn't even arguing against them being heavily durable, however. In that context, you seemed to run counter to the idea that the Transformers should be capable of taking damage in general.

Oh, there's another problem with the millions-year war concept. If we are dropping in just now and these guys survived for millions of years, how are we supposed to even care about what happens to them? If they survived 4 million years of full blown war, certainly a few decade skirmish would be nothing to them. And yet, logically many bots must have died during said war. It's never been clear what the numbers were, casualty wise, but between Cybertron's vast cities (some of which have skylines you can see from outer space) yet only a couple hundred robots popping up...

There's certainly logic behind them being heavily durable, but there is a drawback to go with it storytelling wise.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  20. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    I agree with that. I'm just trying to find a way to make the million year thing more plausable.It's that or making it a semi WW1style war/urban war where nothing happens for hundred years and then a skirmish erupts resulting in a cityblock changing hands.