What is your Transformers head canon? (G1-TFA & RB)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 22, 2015.

1. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

To build upon my previous headcanon that Quintus Prime created the Quintessons, the name Quintesson is actually derived from Quintus' Sons.

• Like Like x 4
  2. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So wait I can't post movie Headcannon in here anymore? That blows. I don't want to post in the movie forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Yeah, in a thread like this, making the "G1-Animated plus Rescue Bots ONLY" distinction seems really pointless.

• Like Like x 1
  4. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    Yeah. What would happen if I wanted some UT or Prime?

5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Always in someone's corner

News Credits:
    G1-Animated means G1 THROUGH Animated. UT is fine here. Prime has its own forum though.

6. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    Yeah but my point is that I don't know if a headcannon thread in the Movie forum is an okay idea. It would just be "How dare you pervert Bay's artistic perfection!" or "Better then Bay's trash!"

Whatever though. I'll just post my ideas here anywho.

7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Since the Headmasters joined the battle on Earth, Perceptor entertained the idea of being able to swap between a smaller and a larger body for himself and built himself a small "avatar," which he has named "Convex." He can activate stasis lock when he switches to this avatar and uses his real body as a mobile base which transmits signals from his core conciousness to this avatar, allowing him to move about as though he had never left his own body.

Targetmasters work like the Weaponizer Mini-Cons in RID1X - they can take away the motor functions from any bot who is holding them so they can temporarily use a larger body, and assist in aiming when being wielded by their binary-bonded partner.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Here's one that's a little unrefined but something I came up with:

The metal a Transformer is made up from gains special properties when infused with the mind and Spark. This is what allows it to transform. While it looks and sounds like mechanical movement when a Transformer transforms, it is actually their form morphing and shifting the pre-formed parts into place for a disguise/greater mobility. This is why Transformers are entirely seamless in-universe: they literally merge and unmerge parts on a microscopic level.

Transformers also find it weird and "gross" when one can partially transform. Those with this talent, naturally, use it as a party trick.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Combaticons were warlords on ancient Cybertron who ruled five provinces that covered most of the surface area of the planet. Their inability to refrain from constantly declaring war on each other led to their territories' gradual weakening as they depleted their resources. They tended to ignore the Autobots who lived in their territories, carrying out their wars with volunteer militias. When Megatron rose to power, he saw the Combaticons as obstacles to his vision and declared them political criminals. They are not happy to be part of a combiner sub-group and harbor deep disdain for each other.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    It's always interesting to me to see peoples headcanon for why the Combaticons were inprisoned by the Decepticon leadership in Sunbow.
    Myself i headcanon they found a relatively unscathed community in the middle of no mans land and decided to rule it instead of fighting on.
    For which after being found out they were defeated and treated as deserters i. e. spark extraction.

• Like Like x 1
  11. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

How does Quintessa from TF5 fit in?

12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Always in someone's corner

News Credits:
    Hmm, let me think about it.

Quintess-uhh...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Orion Pax being a librarian, to better contrast who he would become and to show how different his and Megatron's upbringings were. Megatron having been a gladiator.

• Like Like x 2
  14. greboguru

In my headcanon, the original 13 are 7 Primes and 7 Alphas.

Atlas Prime (Autonomous Maximus)
    Vector Prime
    Nexus Prime
    Solus Prime
    Logos Prime
    Animus Prime (Onyx Prime)
    Alpha Prime (Prima)
    Alpha Maximus (Liege Maximo)
    Alpha Magnus (Amalgamous Prime)
    Alpha Trion
    Alpha Rodimus (Alchemist Prime)
    Alpha Minor (Micronus Prime)
    Alphatron (The Fallen)

15. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

In my head canon Primus and Unicron are definitely higher dimensional beings (but just 2 of a "pantheon") imprisoned in planetoids. What planetoids these are varies from reality to reality. Primus's gambit is an effort the result of which lower lifeforms like ourselves might call "magic", and the "spell" used multiple coordinates in both time and space as locks on their interdimensional prisons. Sometimes Unicron is Earth, other times his own planetoid. Primus is usually Cybertron but who knows.

I guess I pretty much follow the basic concept of Timelines from here. Under the tutelage of Alpha Trizer, RiD '01 Omega Prime becomes cosmically aware and unites my Optimus Prime shelf (G1 Cartoon, IDW post DoOP Orion Pax, G2 Laser, Delta Magnus [rebuilt OP from collapsed movie timeline where he was rebuilt into the City Commander of a color-coordinated Autobot Metrotitan], DOTM Ultimate Optimus and God Ginrai), and their respective lieutenants and factions into a time-traveling, interdimensional army to stop the conflicts across the multiverses which will continue to destabilize everything if they go unchecked. Probably pick up some timeline refugees along the way. Lost Light Megs gets pulled in with IDW Rodimus. G2 Sideswipe and Diaclone Copstreaker lost their respective twins from their home timelines, and now try to navigate that awkwardness while recreating scenes from Lethal Weapon.

Meanwhile Unicron's gambit revolves around this continued destabilization even at the cost of his own avatars. After all, he survived the end of existence (as the embodiment of entropy) once before, why not again? To this end, Unicron recruits/creates/enslaves a line-up of G1 Cartoon Galvatron, Devil Zarak, RiD Scourge (might switch it to Shattered Glass Prime), and IDW Overlord to assemble their armies and defeat the Prime Covenant's army and provoke as much destruction as possible throughout all material planes.

Meanwhile, an alternate version of G1 Megs represented by Maketoys Rioter Despotron and his BFF Nemesis have been doing this dimension hopping thing for awhile and see this as a perfect opportunity for a Decepticon recruitment drive.

Basically, cannibalizing various plotlines i've browsed on tfwiki allows me to appreciate all things and collect what I want without worrying about being slavish to a particular toyline or aesthetic. I like leaving it open ended enough to expand indefinitely.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette It's Joke!!

Flickr:
    When I was watching Animated way back when I was like 9 years old, the lack of explanation of why the Decepticons are even a thing has always bothered me. This's what my headcanon on this subject came from.

In my Animated headcanon, the Decepticons are originally just a bunch of Cybertronians working for the Autobot Government. Due to corruption of power started to happen in the Autobot Government and incompetent fools been hired to do important tasks instead of more expierenced peoples (Sentinel is just way too arrogant and ignorant to be Prime, anyway), Megatron start to lead a bunch of military Cybertronian workers to attempt to find a solution to this. The Autobot Governement never listen to them and instead start to hunting Megatron and his follower down one by one. Angered by the ignorance by the Autobot Government, the former Autobot Government worker known as Megatron start to gather supporters across the galaxy and form the Decepticon.
    After his various attempts to overthrown the corrupt Autobot Government, Megatron slowly become more power-hungry and more violent, and the Autobot Government also become more obsessed with eliminating Decepticons.

To be honest, this headcanon kinda makes the Animated Autobots seems more like villains rather than good guys, to be honest.

17. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

My headcanon for Quintessa is that she is a "daughter" of Quintus Prime and is the first Quintesson. Quintessa then betrayed Quintus, stole HIS scepter and lead the rest of the Quintessons against the rest of the Primes in a bid to claim Cybertron as her own, she actually ends up succeeding and causing the Primes to flee and regroup.

The events that lead up to Revenge of The Fallen and the falling out the Primes had over the Matrix of Leadership was them trying to rebuild their forces to fight back against Quintessa. But it was taking to long and The Fallen decided, "fuck it i don't care if the planets have life on them, Quintessa is a huge bitch that needs to be dealt with yo" and the other Primes were like "but all the plants and bunnies and like, life n shit" so the fallen tried to kill them, so they killed themselves instead... yeah.... no wonder quintess drove them off... bunch of idiots

ANYWAY She then proceeds to instill herself in the history of the Transformers claiming to be their creator. Her rewriting the history books is one of the reasons their history/origins makes no goddamn sense, she never got a chance to finish because eventually the Transformers rose up against the Quintessons on their own without the Primes returning and drove them off of Cybertron.

Then the rest is history. The Golden Age, The Civil War, Cybertron Dies, Exodus To Earth ect... all that fun movie stuff

TF5 was just the start of Quintessa larger plan to reclaim Cybertron and enslave the Transformers again.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. greboguru

You know, that's actually pretty damn good!

19. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

in terms of size. The Original 13 are to normal sized Transformers as Transformers are to humans. They are massive in their own right.

For perspective, most minicons are roughly human sized and we all know how big that is compared to normal TFs

Micronus Prime, the minicon amongst the 13, is the size of Megatron.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Hey, don't look at me. I made the thread for all fandom... no idea what mod decided to remove movies from this... or why.

EDIT: Some IDW Headcanon:

- The Solstar Order was originally founded by a Titan Colony whose colonists resemble the Beast Machine Characters.

-The Junkion Race is a result of Jhiaxus attempting to create a new breed of Cybertronian able to never be killed. Ruled a failure they were shipped off the Planet Junkion. The store of them being once a wealth race is an utter lie Jhiaxus told his creations as a final 'screw you'

-Lithone is another colony world

-

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017