Customs: what is your opinion on chop shop repainted to match original insecticons?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, May 15, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i am considering repainting my chop shop insecticon into the purple black and silver scheme. i want your opinion because i will be making it for sale and am wondering if you think it will sell well or just flop.

2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well, i'm personally a huge fan of the insecticons.
    my opinion on this is that if anyone is going to go for a Chop Shop, they'd most likely like it in the original colors.
    I think it would look really good in traditional black and purple, but there is great potential of a flop. my :2c: 

3. anovasinn

thanks that is my fear as well, i think i am just looking fo an excuse to use my cool tamiya purple other than upgrading my skywarp

4. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I have often thought of doing this. It has high potential. Since I don't actually own the deluxe insecticons, I don't know how well a paint job will go...like in terms of rubbing, and chipping etc.

5. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Chop Shops are listed from $9.99 to over $40 on ebay, so fetching a price within that range for a high quality custom is not out of the realm of possibilities, IMHO. If it's an impressive custom, you'll have no trouble getting a decent price for it.

Personally, I think you should do what you want and have fun doing it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

It's weird that this subject came up today because I just started repainting some of those Big Lots insect robots to look like G1 Insecticons this afternoon.

6. anovasinn

hmm how long ago did you buy the big lots bugs i was there recently and did not see them.

as far as the customs on ebay the reason i asked is i spent alot of time on custom and ended up selling it well below its potential. so i am leary on doing another for auction , but i think you have to build a name in order to sell at a good price.

oh i always have fun :thumbs2:  i would just like to profit from some projects that i want to build but not really keep so i have money to spend on others i want more. if that makes any sense :crazy:  lol