What is your most frustrating transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thought this might be a bit of fun for the evening.
    The other day, I got out my ROTF wheelie. I transformed him, I put him on a shelf. He looked quite cute. I wondered idly, why i'd not had him out more. Then I tried to transform him back to Monstertruck mode and I remembered! I hate this thing! I really, really really hate it! Bits of him fall off, the joints all need to be put in a certain way for other joints to move, the cab doesn't always split in half, i cannot for the life of me remember how I tucked the arms in and parts of the wheels are on balljoints which love to rotate so he often looks very splayed if you don't do him exactly right :)  the thing is, i've seen no other complaints about this so maybe it's just me. Honestly I'd rather go 10 rounds with DOTM leader sentinel,which by the way I never had any problems with, than pick this thing up again.
    So come on guys, what is your most frustrating transformer toy and why? and why haven't you thrown it out? in my case I really love wheelie for all his silliness so don't have the heart. Pics very welcome of ridiculous frustrated tf positions :) 

2. dhampir46

dhampir46 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly, WFC optimus prime. I transformed him three times in a row, to memorize the order. The very next day, I had trouble transforming it to vehicle mode! Very frustrating.

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Any ROTF deluxe/voyager. (For me at least)

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM leader Sentinel. He's a pain to transform, his arms/chest constantly unhook, it's hard to get him to hold his weapons, and I can't get him to balance worth a damn.

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

ROTF Voyager Mixmaster(getting those damn arms figured out for truck mode)
    DOTM Leader Class Sentinel Prime(those panels......those damn panels!!!)

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Wait... how did he look quite cute? Aren't you blind?

7. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    starfire, on the megatron point, I hate ROTF leader megatron. It feels like i'm bending a bit of plastic into shape that once was a very old smelly shoe, not a menacing tank :)  everyone that says they love the tank mode I really do'nt get it, it's full of huge gaps and just looks like someone bent poor megs into a flatpack Ikea mold.
    JImmy, Re DOTM sentinel, try lifting his arms up so he's holding his shield and sword infront of him in an attack stance, then gently align his heels so they're pointing either straight out behind him or ever so slightly outwards. You can get a lot of balance by playing with the heels. Also the cape, make sure you play with that until it's hanging down not at a huge tilt behind him. Finally, I know it's a pain, but if none of that works, take his batteries out, he stands a lot better without them.

8. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mewtwo, this opens up a whooooooole other discussion point :)  but sufficed to say you don't have to see for something to look cute. I think though on the point of wheelie, he looks cute because he's not built like other tfs. His face is very distinct almost like a johnny5 short circuit face and he doesn't look very threatening or imposing which a lot of the other TFs do. He looks liek what he's ssupposed to be, a little scrap drone. Plus, who doesn't like toy monster truck transformers? :) 

9. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Oh sorry. I was just taking you in the literal sense then. How you said you placed him there and he looked so cute. I was confused and was taking in in the literal sense of someone placing something somewhere and looking at it and saying that. Sorry.

And by the way. Let me say just by your description of Wheelies face... man you are very skilled in your abilities to "See" something like that. To even be able to know to compare him to Johnny 5 is amazing to me... wow.

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ROTF voyager Mixmaster and alternity Starscream. both damn near impossible to transform

EDIT: and ROTF LC Prime

11. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime, took me a GOD DAMN YEAR (!!) to figure out how to do it, then I turn him back to robot and he breaks...

12. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Onslaught, I laughed for a full minute re megatron, I can just imagine some very angry Takara rep looking at this and flinging people off the conveyer, asking why they put MP-13s legs on backwards :) 
    Interesting point re Bruticus, i'm very torn on whether or not to get this. I loved bruticus in the cartoon, never had him as a kid. got a KO when I was older, which broke, very sad times. Now debating whether to get the chest shield popping short little bruty from encore, or a g1 original, but then the guns don't fit together, a g2 original but the colours are likely to blind everyone that comes to stay with me, or the FOC bruticus which i've heard looks like he's been put through a mangle. Certtainly though he does seem the most interesting and varied. Or else there's this fans project bruticus i've heard so much about but is now supposed to be like golddust to get hold of.

13. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    As much as I love him, ROTF Leader Optimus. He's just so big and fiddly when you transform him that it makes me dread doing it. However, the end result is so nice in either mode that I just can't get enough :lol 

14. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dread ROTF leader optimus, but I'll need to face that soon as I want Jetwing!!

15. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I recently bought voyager DOTM shockwave. I usually can transform figures without directions. I tried this with shockwave, and after about 15 minutes I got so frustrated I put him back in bot mode and have refused to even try it with directions yet, because I'm mad at him... Not that I anthropomorphize my action figures.... Often...

Prime Wheeljack can be a motherfucker to put back into car mode as well.

16. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to have DOTM leader Sentinel Prime...then I sold it.

17. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Probaby my TF Collection 6 G1 Megatron.

Not sure what's wrong with it, but transforming this thing is SUCH a chore. It's the chest panel, whenever I get it into position for robot mode or gun mode, it REALLY doesn't want to go to the other. I think a part may be bent or something inside, and I don't want to take it apart to try an fix it, I'm not really confident enough in my repair skills to even ATTEMPT it.

And whenever I try to transform it, I feel like I'm bending something inside. Like I'm making the problem WORSE just by trying to transform it. So, I've only transformed him like once or twice.

It's a real shame, too. I like this guy alot, but I just can't mess with him.

18. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Double post

19. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah but the issue with DOTM shockwave is that you don't really know what he's supposed to look like in tank mode.In that, yes, you can see a picture, but it's a nonsensicle vehicle mode, so it's hard to wrap your brain around it in my humble opinion.
    I'd recommend giving him another try though, he really is a fantastic toy, one of the best DOTMs i think, although the arm does tend to fall off mine so now he has a distinct smell of nail varnish to hold it on a little better :) 

20. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm worried that I have so many of these transformers that people are finding issue with :)  but G1 megatron is a real shame. He just feels so delicate that things seem like they will break if you push them even a tiny bit too far. I've heard mp-5 is like this as well, hoping a new MP megs will fix this.