What Is Your Holy Grail Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Just buy a BW2 StarScream and BB and ask Reprolabels if they'd be interested in designing a G2 ATB Megatron set for it.

2. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    For a while it was MP Soundwave (I wasn't collecting when he first came out, and the eBay prices were ridiculously high), but I've got him now thanks to the Hasbro Asia reissue.

Currently? I guess the Custom Robots Revoltech-style Soundwave. I've only ever seen an eBay listing for one once, and wasn't able to snag it.

3. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

News Credits:
    If a replica were sufficient, then the thing would not be a Holy Grail ;) 

Plus, there's some other minor difference between the two sets (like the glowing missiles, SS's head deco, etc.).

4. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

2pac, NWA, Warren G, Biggie, ect. They all are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Mine =

Mint condition (or fully restored), complete, Matsushiro Jetfire (has UN Spacy / Macross logo). Painted, not sticker.

Big Macross/Robotech fan. The 1/55 Joons Valkyries (Taiwan KOs) were really expensive in the 90s ($200-500), so I had to pass. I still really want the "USA color" (red/white/blue) VF-1J, and the dark green variant (VF-?). They were all over eBay 15-20 years ago, but almost never show up now. I passed on a few Bandai in the mid 2000s, in favor on Toynami, but that was a mistake.

When any of these are found, they tend to be massively f'd up.

The 1/55 GBP armor would be nice, and can be found, but the prices are insane (though less so than 15-20 ago). It was blah gray for Macross, but I'd want to repaint a set for Transformers, probably for evil Jetfire (which I do have custom).

Macross/Robotech prices make Transformers look quaint.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ceji Joustra Diaclone Countach (Sunstreaker):

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 5
  7. Vegron

Vegron Member

Whatever the best version of Predaking is out at the moment.

8. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Got one of mine last November, still have a couple left though. The Construct-Bots Unicron Megatron figure has been almost impossible to find. The other, the Evangelion deco MP10 is a lot easier to find, just way more expensive than I can afford

9. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I think mine is Botcon 2007 Dreadwind. He's not nearly as rare or unobtainable as some of the stuff in this thread. However, I haven't looked on ebay for him in a couple of years, but last I saw he was still prohibitively expensive for my budget.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Maketoys Pandinus and Planet X Apocalypse - can't afford them and don't have the room for them but BOY do I want them.

11. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only TF I can think of is MP-10 Evengelion (and not the KO). I had one and sold it. While I don't 'regret' selling it, I would once again like to have one.

But my real Holy Grail isn't a TF.

First4Figures Link on Epona. $450 seemed soooo expensive when it released several years ago. I was a fool to pass it up.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yep, I'm in the hunt right now for a set of claws (crossing my fingers until the auction ends) and I have a buddy who *may* have a lead on a set of guns and antennae to make my grail complete. Its crazy how hard he is to track down...even my Lords of Light set wasn't this hard. After that it's on to a few straggling Microman pieces (including the even MORE elusive Microbot-1 colors...aaaargh!) and a couple of the almost mythically rare Interchangeables silver series variants.

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Micro toys are always sought after even if not in crazy territory like sealed transforms! Are you a member of microfans on FB? probably the best collective for fans of micronauts and microman.

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have a grail as such but what would be fun would be to find a sealed G1 transformer in a beaten box at a garage sale for a few $ and actually open it just to have the experience of having a truly fresh piece from 3 decades ago.

15. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I'm on there (it's where I got the Lobstros parts I have :)  ) and was part of the Palisaides forums and Micropolis Embassy before that lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Ironically mine are all garage / 3rd party kits for released figures... G1 Overlord? No problem! Takara Raiden Gift Set? Easy! Maiden Japan's Inferno & Grapple kits? Can't find them anywhere for love nor money! :( 

That and the Unique Toys Metroplex head (Megapolis?) are all I'm hunting for now, anyone who's got them for trade 'please' let me know... I've got a mint in box Titans Return 'Chaos on Velocitron' box set I'd be more than happy to swap for these

17. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    Sounds like
    Sounds like one of the grails I finally gave up on after over a decade as my white whale...the Wonderfest kit to turn Soul of Chogokin Mazinger z into Gekigangar 3 from Nadesico. I haven't seen one for sale publicly since my hunt began.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

Me too. Lucky Draw MP-1 is now the only MP that I do not own. I have even gone so far as to get the various versions of releases like MP-4S Japan release (numbered) and Asian release (not numbered) and reissues.

MP-4S was the holy grail for me for the longest time, then I got one from Robot Kingdom for $350 + their crazy high shipping about 3 years ago. No idea why they had one in stock. It was clearly a 1off, but I snagged it. Then caved and got the numbered Japanese version about a year ago.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DesertDog

DesertDog The dust is every where

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    It's probably best for me if I didn't buy Lucky Draw MP-1 if I had the chance. If I did I'd definitely go full completion on my MP collection. As it is there are only six releases so far that I consider redundant to my collection, like MP-11A for example. If I had the hardest part done I'd have no choice but to grab the last 1/2 dozen.

I love to see pics of your collection. Do you have any posted in the MP thread?

20. Gallade

Gallade Lost Hope

News Credits:
    My holy grail is Energon Scorponok. Nothing is beating this guy and no matter how good or how amazing other figures will be, Energon Scorponok will always top them. I just really love his design and he's quite an interesting character even though Unicron Trilogy mostly sucked ass.