What Is Your Holy Grail Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

No Sunstorm from that mold has been made yet. You'd be better off trying to dye a Ramjet than try to sharpie up one of the other versions of the mold.

2. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

I only found one CW Skylynx in the wild, and that was at a walmart I don't frequent very often. Bought him even though I had ordered him online as well with the Onslaught case pack. Worked out because I wanted to have second CW Bruticus anyway.
    My holy grail would to have a mint in box G1 Star Saber.

3. DesertDog

DesertDog The dust is every where

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Lucky Draw MP-1 Convoy. I'd be thrilled just to be in the presence of one, let alone to own one. Pure Unobtainium.

More realistically its MP-4S Sleep Mode Convoy and the Takara History Collection PVC Spike figure with Prime hand that plugs into MP-1's arm. I need them both, my Masterpiece collection won't be complete without them.

For a Grail that doesn't exist yet, it would be a Hasbro Masterpiece Skywarp in his '84 catalogue colours. But I'll happily accept one in his Mexican production colours.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 4:00 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Not a Transformer, but a Micronauts toy that was only released in Italy and Canada.

Lobstros

Literally the last piece I need to complete my Micronauts collection. Heck, I don't even need the full vehicle, just his 2 front claws and 2 antennae. (Picked up a really nice but incomplete piece a couple years ago)

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep haunting eBay, friend. Lucked out and scored one the other month. :) 

For, y'know, a lot but not STUPID a lot.

6. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A police sunstreaker. Never afford that...

7. rodney2000000

rodney2000000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the japan exclusive dino cassettes dail ect ect silly money cant even get a good price on the ko now days

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

You know, pretty much ANY Diaclone/Microchange repaint was on my list when I collected G1. When I downsized to CHUG mostly, I almost wet myself when I saw that million publishing was considering that figure as their exclusive when they had the vote that landed us Go Shooter. Go Shooter of all things. It's even worse now that Titans Return makes it possible that they may indeed get a Headmaster Go Shooter in the future, but what looked to be the one chance to get a CHUG release of one of my G1/Diaclone grails fell through hard. I'm still depressed about it. Hell, I would have wound up buying two.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I might be naive or stupid, but I'm still holding out hope that we'll get G2 Defensor before Hasbro wraps up the current continuity. Those guys know how rare a set that is, along with how many of us want to own it to complete the G2 combiner set. I really think it'll happen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jingles1

jingles1 Active Member

Ebay:
    Mine would be Generations Metroplex. I missed out on that bot and now they are priced too crazy high. Oh well, can't have everything. :) 

11. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Was hoping for one in CHUG back in the days. Now that we have a MP Sunstreaker, there's gotta be a police repaint in it's future.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    G1 Liokaiser has been on my short list for a long long time.

I've been keeping my eye out on that Botcon Megs for a while. Thankfully the prices are coming back down on it.

13. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Right there with you and for my part I have only myself to blame, had a ton of opportunities to buy him but kept waiting for him to get juuuuuust a little cheaper.

Stung once so I bought Fort max full price, in fact paid extra for the SDCC version but he is my souvenir of my first time getting into SDCC. Now need to decide what my souvenir for getting in legally will be.

Trypticon I'm waffling on I have the Platinum G1 ├ędition and aside from full tilt being so much better I don't know if he's a $150 upgrade better.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand my holy Grail was G1 Fort Max and I am happy with the reissue I got from BBTS. Managed to snag that one at the lowest it ever was. Don't fully remember how much but I'm sure it was sub $200.

Just kinda picked up my latest holy Grail, a MP style Jetfire (VF-1S) but now I need to save again to get someone to paint him up for me!

14. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the grail of many a micro collector....I do know one microfan who got lobstros years ago, got him in hand after paying several $100 and was like 'wow, is that it', he took a step back after that. It is still a fun piece even if very simple.

15. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron I always feel like somebody is watching me.

News Credits:
    A Masterpiece Motormaster or Ultramagnus that's not chunky like mp22.

16. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

I saw a review on Fan Toys version, and it is glorious!

17. jingles1

jingles1 Active Member

Ebay:
    I keep waiting to score a Fortress Maximus at a TJ Maxx or Ross (no Ollie's around here). I'm pretty sure my chances have diminished but that's ok as Metroplex was always the one I really wanted. I passed on FM at Christmas with the $75 pricetag, so I must not want him that bad. ;-) Now, if Trypticon gets down to $75 at Christmas I'll definitely pick one up.

18. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Whenever I tell someone about the crown jewel of my collection it's My MP Grimlock autographed by Gregg Berger, but I'd have to say my holy Grail would definitely be a official MP Omaga Supreme.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JdotMtron

JdotMtron Active Member

News Credits:
    G2 Laser Optimus Prime. Bought it at Kay Bee Toy Stores back in the days. always digged the toy/looks. Eyes lighting up. Handing lighting up the sword & gun. The trailer with the shooting discs and missles in battle station mode.

20. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My holy grail used to be G1 Soundwave and all the cassettes, and all the G1 Dinobots. Now that I have those, I guess my last real grail is a mint Scorponok or Dinoking set.