What is your game of the year?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Nov 23, 2009.

?

What is the 2009 game of the year?

1. Uncharted 2

7.5%
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

15.1%
  3. Shadow Complex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Batman: Arkham Asylum

32.1%
  5. Scribblenauts

3.8%
  6. Street Fighter 4

5.7%
  7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Resident Evil 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Dawn of War II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Left 4 Dead 2

7.5%
  11. Brutal Legend

3.8%
  12. Other (please specify in your post)

24.5%
  1. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Have to say Scribblenauts, just so fun and addicting.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WHY is Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time not even an option!? For shame, sir! *Uses the chimp-o-matic on Recall*

Forget best game of the year, it's the best game of all time for me.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Batman. I'd like to say SF4, but I just can't get the hang of the engine.

Liked Shadow Complex as well.

Meh on Dawn of War 2, at least single player. Needlessly boring boss fights, too much useless wargear that made you grind for longer to get what you actually needed and the limited squad choice thing was pretty pointless since it didn't make a great deal of difference to the difficulty of the missions who you picked.

Resident Evil 5 for biggest disapointment, hopefully Capcom dudes go back and play 4 again before making 6.

How many of the games in the poll did you actually play and what would you choose instead then?

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have unreasonable standards if all these games are terrible.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'd have to go with Assassins Creed 2...followed by Uncharted 2, Batman, and Dragon Age :) 

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go with A Crack In Time, followed by Uncharted 2, followed by MW2.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Demon's Souls.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, no love for Demon's Souls and it's supposed to be awesome. I myself am too cowardly to play it.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Way to early. I have Assassin's Creed 2 unopened, Uncharted 2 unplayed so far, Borderlands untouched at the moment, and Mario and Dragon Age uncomplete. I'm pretty sure I will love all of the above but I don't know what the most. Dragon Age is taking me forever, which I am ok with. I just needs more time. For games I've played through so far, I would probably give it to Batman. I also enjoyed Ghostbusters, Shadow Complex, and Resident Evil 5 a great deal.

Dragon Age should be on the list. It's incredible. It doesn't have all the thrills a minute that some games do, and it makes no apologies about being a fantasy roly-playing game, but I constantly want to explore and find out what happens next. It's the kind of game that you could sit down and play all night without knowing the whole night passed.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    ROTF has absolutely no business being in that list lol.

Imma go with Arkham, I'm not big on CoD mulitplayer, and MW2's campaign is too short to justify the title of game-of-the-year based solely on that merit.

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    ROTF has absolutely no business being in that list lol.

Imma go with Arkham, I'm not big on CoD mulitplayer, and MW2's campaign is too short to justify the title of game-of-the-year based solely on that merit.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Don't be. The people who say it's extremely hard are people who are accustomed to games holding their hands. If you play intelligently, and realize that you're not supposed to be able to kill absolutely everything you come across as you come across it, it's fine. it's never easy, but as long as you dont try to play it like, well, anything other than a From Software RPG, it's a fun experience, and always rewarding.

13. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Admittedly, I've only played a small handful of games from that list, but the winner is easily Batman: Arkham Asylum. It gets Batman completely right, and is really fun in the process. Loved scooping people up and leaving them hanging under a gargoyle.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Modern Warfare 2. Batman was but no replay. I enjoyed the ROTF game a lot and liked it more than Batman. That would be my 2nd place game of the year.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Im a co-op guy through and through, for that reason I'd have to give GOTY to Left 4 Dead 2
    I've only had it for a few days, but the upgrades from L4D1 are so substantial that it feels like 1 was only a beta. A kickass beta that was well worth the money, but a beta nevertheless.

RE5 would be runner up without a doubt. So pumped for the DLC chapters next year.

16. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Batman: Arkham Asylum gets my vote. Just so dang fun and Batmany!

Other 09 games that I rank high are:

Street Fighter 4 and Blazblue for giving me two new 2D(ish) fighters to love.
    RE5 for the fun I had playing it with my friend (although I agree it's flawed). For portables I really had a blast with Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier (for the DS).

Haven't had a chance to try out Uncharted 2 yet but I may get to it before January. Have some 08 PS3 goodness to catch up on first.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you just convinced me to get this for Xmas. I don't mind difficult games, by any means, but I do fear the annoyingly difficult games.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't have to take my word for it, but I wasn't too happy with the game. The controls just weren't as smooth as I'd like. Lots of people seem to like it though so I may not have given it enough time to learn the nuances. But really, with such a great lineup of games now and throughout the beginning of next year, I just wasn't going to find a slot to fit this game in.

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Solo player is Dragon age hands down.

Co-op would go to Left for dead 2 so far.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bats for me because I felt that the game caught the essence of the character and the rogues. What I especially like was how the Batman "fought" each character. For example, with the Riddler, it was to solve his puzzles and with Bane it was fight.

Another thing that got it for me was it appeals to the mainstream. Afterall almost everybody knows about the Batman.

I would have chosen Tekken 6 but the online experience was a massive let-down with its terrible lag. But it is still my fave fighter because of its "flashy" fighting moves, stylish throws and extremely memorable fighters. For example, Law (Bruce Lee), Paul (mixture of Ken and Guile), King (legendary wrestler, Tiger Mask) just to name a few. Oh yeah, the customization for the fighters is also a cool feature! One can customize Bob into a "fat" Power ranger! No joke! X)