What is your focus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moriarty, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Inspired by the thread asking about Classics or G1 Reissue Prime. Sorry if there's another thread like this around, I haven't remembered seeing one D:

My question is - what is your focus as a collector? Are you a Completionist? A G1-only-thank-you-very-mucher? A Beast Wars enthusiast? A Cybertronian Master? A CHUGmeister? Or do you dabble in a little bit of everything, depending on the characters?

As I only got into TF's last summer I've so far been dabbling in a little bit of everything, collecting my favourite characters or toys that look cool. But I've noticed lately that I tend to be going more for TFA, CHUG and BW figures, so I think they're gonna be my focus from now on, with the odd Bayformer or G1 brick thrown in for variety.

2. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I am an allrounder, i buy toys which are design or guality wise interesting, unrelated to a serie. I mostly buy generations/united or MP/alternity at the moment. Also trying to reinstate my BW/BM collection, which i sold, as cheap as possible, so taking my time with that.

3. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    Me like, me buy.

4. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I have separate movie Ironhide and movie Bumblebee collections because they're my favorites. I have several Ironhide customs.

The movie lines are what introduced me to collecting TFs, so I have more of them. My favorite is the Human Alliance line, but I also have some leaders, voyagers and deluxes. I usually get the main characters, and only pick up non-screen figures if I really like them (like Bludgeon and Mindwipe from the NEST line). I do like keeping things in scale, so that can sometimes limit me when buying and displaying.

Non-movie.... I love the Masterpieces. I also collect Generations/Classics to a point - I'd like one of each main G1 character if I can. I like Hot Rod/Rodimus and Grimlock, so I have a few extra figures of them.

I ended up with an almost complete collection of Animated (1 of each character) - I'm only missing one or two figures.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm primarily a movieverse guy, but I've been getting a LOT more of the recent CHUG style stuff, lately.

6. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I like everything but I mainly focus on Beast Wars, Movieverse and Classics now.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Without a full time job at the moment, I am trying to limit my focus on the Classicverse and MPs. Sadly, most of the stuff I am missing (outside of the retail stuff I havent found yet) are Botcon/Takara Exclusives, and the $200+ MPs (MP-04, MP-04s, MP-08x, and MP-09).

I will still pick up an occasional G1 figure on my list if I find one that is a steal, and would really like to knock out the rest of the Alternators and Animated figures I am still missing in the near future. Sadly, most of the Animated stuff I am missing are Takara items that I don't feel like shelling out the cash for right now.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

This. Well, as much as I can given the shitty prices here Down Under.

9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I try to collect all different molds of all characters I like, not focusing too much on year versions and all... but mainly I buy all those tf I like and I can afford without sell my blood :D 

10. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    It goes like this for me:

Collect (I'm not a completionist):
    -Classics/Henkei/etc (have almost everything I want so far)
    -RID (also have almost everything I want too)
    -Beast Wars/BW2/BW Neo
    -Movieverse
    -Masterpiece
    -Unlicensed/3rd party

Impulse and/or random buys:
    -A/E/C
    -G1/Diaclone/Japanese G1
    -Alternators
    -Alternity
    -WST
    -Botcon

Do not collect at all (not liking the aesthetics/designs of these):
    -Animated
    -Prime
    -Beast Machines

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My focus right now is G1 and Classics - Generations+. I'm still very central on the Alt/BT line, but things have lightened up for me a bit on that end (especially since the line is over). I enjoy the Masterpiece figures, but I have no intention of getting every figure from both TakaraTOMY and Hasbro. I'm a bit of a Seeker nut, though, so I remain interested in that mold.

For G1, I'm a completionist to an extent. I'm not one who has to have every variant of each figure or thing from G1, but I do like my G1 collection to have everything. I feel I'm pretty close to that goal as well.

G2 is a bit of a mixed bag, as there are just certain figures I have no interest in.

BW/BM is very minimal for me, but I do enjoy some of them.

RiD I completed while it was at retail. Still to date, it's one of my favorite lines. :) 

Armada is the same for BW, but I do have a few more. Energon and Cybertron figures are with my Classics - Generations+ for the most part. I've never had an intention of completing any of the "Unicron Trilogy" lines when they were out at retail, and my interest has decreased since then as well.

I enjoy the movie lines, but I'm a bit ambivalent. I'll often wait for several figures to see a release before I get anything.

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I look for new releases as they come out. I tend to go back and look for old stuff as needed, like right now I'm after some BW stuff. I also go for everything fansproject.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I have no real line focus at the moment. I'm buying what I like the looks of.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I buy what I like.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As of now, classics-style figures, just while the movie lines take their time. (they can take all the time they need, since I have a few figs to get before they hit) Once movie hits a lot of my focus will be on that, likewise when Prime hits later on.

I've nearly completed my Beast Wars collection, lacking only three toys I'm in no insane rush to get.

Though a lot of my TF collecting lately has been taking a backseat to TF's little brother Braves, specifically GaoGaiGar, and they is not cheap I tells ya.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 related stuff which includes vintage, reissues, CHUG stuff and BW (for its G1 links). No offence to any movie fan TFs but I'm getting rid most of my movie collection. I was re-arranging my collection and I "accidentally " called them "plastic junk" in my mind! X)

I will keep movie Optimus, Jetfire and Ironhide. The rest will be donated away like my Animated,Cybertron and Armada stuff.

17. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I like stuff from the shows, I have G1, BW, BM, A/E/C and the movies, but im slimming all that way down. The only line I really care about is Animated. Even the new classics,RTS I am not completist on anymore.

18. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CHUG and other G1 related toys. Of course if I see something else I like, I'll get it :) 

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    With Armada fully gone & Energon sold partially by now, I think I can start working on giving up Cybertron by this quarter.

After that, probably the miscellaneous toys/figures will be the next to end up on the sacrificial table...

Hurts me to give up these but we need space for Junior as he's fast growing.

On the other hand, I could now concentrate on "Whatever-You-Call-It-Line" since those are fast becoming my most loved series.

Then again, there's the occasional Japanese G1 cracks, LDs to keep me busy as well. The funds which I'd gotten back from selling those A,E & C can now go into full development with the remaining lines which I'd highlighted.

I guess I outta feel happy & contented... :lol 

20. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

My new obsession is the classics line.