What is your favourite "underrated" fight?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 9, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That is to say, fights that tend to get ignored due to other more spectacular fights going on.

No poll, just choice and discussion.

TFilm1
    Frenzy vs the Humans - throughout TFilm1 he fought the Secret Service agents at Air Force One, he fought Sam till Mikaela cut his head off, and he fought Simmons, Keller, Glenn and Maggie and ended up getting chopping his head in half. He is freaking insane.

ROTF
    Megatron vs Starscream - this was really more a beatdown than a fight, but it was a great bit of fanwank and I think it deserves a place.

The Twins vs Devastator - for all the flak the Twins got, their fight scene redeemed them somewhat in my eyes. Those two were utterly fearless as they took on the titanic Constructicon, even though they nearly died and shot themselves off it. An awesome fight scene too.

DOTM
    Shockwave vs Wreckers - Shockwave holds his own against the Wreckers' cannons, even though he is heavily peppered he just keeps on going, taking them all on. Freaking epic. Epps is right to describe him as scary and Wheelie and BRains were right to run from him, he puts one in mind of the unfeeling coldness of an automaton, which he technically is.

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Probably the Shockwave vs Wreckers clip.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Mirage vs Hatchet. Probably the most unique kill in the film amongst all the fatalities.

4. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Wreckers vs Devcon. It was probably very cool offscreen. Wish I could've seen more.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Soundwave VS Bumblebee, while short, it was pretty epic how they combined long-range guns with their fists.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreeing with this. I liked that scene.

7. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

The few Autobots vs Devcon sequences. Though short, they are all epic.

8. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Yeah Shockwave vs The Wreckers. It was great, only if he went to take them on close range, and his big ass gun. Would've been great to see him just brutally murder all three of them.

Then the Autobots vs Sentinel. It was great, all the little Autobots tried their best to take down Sentinel. You can see Sideswipe with his agility jump on Sentinel's sheild, but Sentinel then threw him off. I thought that was cool.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    From the first film: Frenzy vs. either the AFO guys or Frenzy vs. Glenn/Maggie/Simmons/Keller.

RotF: Reedman/Ravage vs. a plethora of soldiers. Seriously. Reedman slices through a soldier and a half a dozen of them can barely get a beat on him. Meanwhile Ravage just blitzes the area, hitting some soldiers (including several more soldiers and jeeps and stuff), while only taking one or two hits himself.

See? This is the kind of toughness we should be expecting from the smaller characters. Frenzy can handle himself against several people with guns. If Scorponok can take on more than a dozen soldiers, two jets and what is the equivalent of a flying tank, then the larger characters should be able to withstand/dish out so much more!

DotM: I'd say that the battles were a lot more well done in DotM, making an "underrated battle" slightly more difficult to pin down, but I'd probably go with the Shockwave vs. soldiers/Wreckers/Optimus battle. It gets a lot of flack that isn't deserved, in my opinion. Or Sentinel vs. the Autobots. They could barely do anything. They were more distracting/annoying him than actually deterring him in any way.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't understand why people don't absolutely love the first Bumblebee / Barricade fight.

11. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I like every fight in the movies, this one is no exeption. The only problem is that you dont see alot of the fight, just the first few hits.

12. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

Yes, this. That fight started out awesome, but it didn't pay-off.

Jazz deserves a mention for staying behind to battle Megatron and cover for the Autobots. He was defiant until the end. :rip 

13. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Well, it offered a different kind of pay-off from a dramatic standpoint. Showing just the first half of the fight was absolutely the right decision in that situation. Remember, thats the first time we get a good look at an autobot, so it makes Bumblebee walking towards Sam after the fight as magical as it is. At that point, the movie is still from an even heavier human perspective, so it makes sense that they dont show much of the battle.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. At this point in the movie they're still trying to keep the mystery and magic going, without just being like "okay, here's all of the giant robots in all of their glory take a look at everything".

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That's what made it so great for me. It didn't try to have dizzying camera angles or zoomshots, so it was able to properly drive home what it would feel like to see them fight from a human perspective, as well as the concept that they're still trying to remain unseen.

16. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

If that fight scene were done now, Bumblebee would've executed Barricade while he was on the ground.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

If Barricade helped commit mass genocide, which he did, then yes. Very much so indeed.

18. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'll pick one from each movie.

1 - Starscream vs. Ratchet and Ironhide...I love how Starscream swoops in and lays waste to everything, including two Autobots, then peaces out.

2 - Ravage vs. soldiers...Ravage is awesome, and this is my favorite scene of his. It showcases his stealth and fighting abilities quite well.

3 - Mirage vs. Hatchet...one of my favorite moments in that mind-blowing sequence.

19. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    First movie- Blackout vs lennox and his team. Its this point in the movie where you're like "its payback time, bitch!" because of what blackout did at the beginning of the movie, but at the same time he was so awesome, you didn't want to see him go.

Rotf- Devastator vs the twins. They might have been deemed "racist" for some dumb reason, but these sons of bitches deserve a f*cking medal for what they did! they took on something 10 times their size!\ without any fear! plus the whole thing was epic!

Dotm- before, and I mean RIGHT before optimus swoops in, it was the autobots vs the decepticons who were on the street along with the tanks/soldiers. As OP swooped in, you could see the battle was getting out of control.

20. lugNUTS92

lugNUTS92 Wrecker

Definitely Bonecrusher vs. Optimus Prime Freeway battle, Bumblebee vs. Rampage Desert fight, and Soundwave vs. Bumblebee City brawl are my hands down favorite fight scenes of all the movies.
    Oh! and that huge battle where Ironhide, Sideswipe, Optimus and the other 'bots fought Devastator and.... wait that never happened :cry