What is your favorite TF size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which size do you prefer your TF's in?, Voyager?, Ultra? etc., even from other lines (G1, Beast Wars etc.).
    I personally think that the Voyager size currently used hits the spot very well; not too big, and not too small.

As I understand it (I've just recently began collecting) the other lines have had different names for the sizes, right?.
    Well, which is your favorite (i.e the one you prefer to buy your figures in or just the one that you happen to have the most figures in).
    Thanks guys.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I like Voyager/Mega. A lot of the time figures loose a lot of detailing once they get to Ultra and beyond. The only exceptions to this I believe are the ones in the Cybertron line.

Oh and MP is a good scale too... if you can count it as scale that is..

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Voyager has always been a really solid size class, deluxes too have had some amazing figures. Never been too much a fan of the big figures. Though things like the movie leaders (well Prime and Brawl) and say Animated Leader Megatron are great, and Ultra Onslaught is AWESOME.

4. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I'm quite partial to the Deluxe. Aside from the TF's I own from when I was a kid, I've only been collecting since the Alternators. The rest of them consist of mostly Classics/TFU, quite a few TFA and a trio of Movie. I like the Deluxe, because there are so many nice figures and characters that I love. Although I do really love TFA Onslaught. I do not care for the electronics (except Silverbolts transforming noise). The voyagers are nice too, but there aren't that many of them. So Deluxe are my fave. Love the seekers, will complete them with Henkei Thrust and Dirge in march, the twins, Ironhide in robot mode and the upcoming Cyclonus. Animated Bumblebee and Jazz are sweet too. Not too fond of dlx Optimus, Ratchet and Soundwave. I wouldn't be opposed to them making more Voyagers and Ultras, if the character fits. No more oversizing like Powerglide or undersizing like Galvatron.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I focus on Voyagers mostly.
    Around $20 and some of the best toys are voyagers.

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I tend to stick with Deluxes and Voyagers, simply because of the size, cost and available characters. I only stray into the larger sizes if it's a character I really love, or a simply awesome figure. I think some of the best figures I've seen have been Deluxes, such as Cycolnus, Mirage, the Seeker mold and a fair bit of Animated. Voyager allows for some better articulation (at times) and also has some great figures, Classics Prime and Jetfire for example.

7. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i like deluxes

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'll buy any scale if it's a cool figure with a fun TF, but I'm a sucker for Legends! These little guys are just too much fun, you can always have one in hand, and the newest ones simply rock!

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't really have a favorite, it depends on the character.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I agree with that. As long as the size and proportions are right on the character, it works for me. And since most figures are Deluxes, well there you go.

That said, I have nothing but Deluxes and a few Voyagers. Nothing in the Ultra class has really impressed me, character-wise. Wheelie's going to be my first (and likely only) Legends class figure. Unless they come out with the cassettes in Legends packaging, then I'm all over that.

11. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Voyagers, definitely.

Deluxes and Voyagers look better and work better than any other size classes. Basics... unless the vehicle mode is a motorcycle, it's not going to look right. Ultras tend to be just too big, and Leaders are ridiculous.

Voyagers let you still take things like the Energon combiners and have them be big and imposing, without the component parts having to be ridiculous, or the combined form to be a behemoth.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I'm starting to fall in this camp more and more. There have been some kickass Legends toys lately, and I never have to worry about spending too much by getting them.

The deluxes, though, are my current favorite. I look at such well-designed and downright pretty figures like Mirage, Hound, Sunstreaker, and several others and feel like Hasbro have really outdone themselves in the past couple of years. I'm okay with Voyagers, and I think they're necessary in terms of figures like Optimus, Megatron, Jetfire, etc. But the deluxes are roughly the size (or slightly larger in some cases) of most of the "normal-sized" G1 figures, so at $7.77 I feel like I'm not only getting a great figure, but a great deal as well.

13. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I like Deluxes the best.

14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Deluxe. A mainline size and nicely affordable.

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont mind the size as long as it suits the character.. i kinda like deluxes coz theyre usually cool figures and cheap :D  i love legends too, the new universe ones especially

16. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Deluxes for collectabilty (is there such a word?) and they look good when displayed en masse, but Voyagers for the perfect balance between awesome mold details and size as a stand alone figure.

17. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't prefer a size class, I'm not really sure how that would work to be honest. "Yeah, I appreciate that the figure is a perfect representation of the character, well articulated, great fun to play with and all that, but if only he were a different size for no reason." I do find that most of my favorite toys are in the Scout, Deluxe and Voyager sizes. Legends are fun for what they are, whereas I don't think I've ever owned a Leader or Ultra without thinking "If they had left out the electronics and focused on the toy, this would be so much better."

18. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Scouts and Deluxe.
    Affordable, and tend to have some of the best toys.

19. BumbleBabe

BumbleBabe Banned

Deluxe or Voyager... it really depends on the character, alot of the time i feel ultras and up are overkill

20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I like deluxe...I see one on the shelf , I don't feel bad spending the money. And deluxe has a lot of good alt modes. Not to take away from voyager or anything. But also with deluzes you have a lot more room on the shelves as well.