what is wrong with transformers these days

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus92x, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    G1 is and will always be my favorite series, but I know it's just because I grew up with it. I agree 100%, it was INCREDIBLY cheesy, with stupid plots, horrid animation at times and pretty terrible dialogue. Still, thats part of it's charm:D 

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Not saying it's a bad thing, just that the notion that the modern series are cheesier than the original is just laughable.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Terrible dialogue? The hell? G1 (JP also, partially) had the best dialogue! Beast Wars to BM (Maybe the side stories BWII and BWNEO) were great in dialogue as well. THe RiD dub could've worked on the naming a bit better. Armada to Superlink was okay for the dubbing.
    Cybertron's dub? BAH!!! (Well at least they got those Armada kids back and some stuff to clarify things)

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I'm not entering into this just to say, for a toyline about change, the fandom sure can't handle it.

5. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Why is it laughable?

While I don't think they are cheesier, they aren't exactly rivoting dramas. In fact, when I look at the Cybertron trilogy, I don't see anything that would suggest that these shows are any better than the original. If anything, I find them harder to watch because I can't put on my nostalgia goggles to wash away the bad voice acting, wretched plot, corney accents and cheesy dialogue.

6. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

G1, for the most part, was corn ball cheese. Most of its memorable bits are cheesy one liners. That's part of why I like it so much these days, but it's not award winning dialogue by a long shot. BW, of all the series, had the best dialogue.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, but I think The621 is referring to dialogue as the quality of the voice acting, while we're referring to it as the quality of the script

8. The621

News Credits:
    Yeah. I actually meant the quality.

Up until RiD though. RiD had excellent quality as well. Just the character naming is the only problem I had.
    Armada and Energon had somewhat good quality. Cybertron... Meh. Again with the names.

9. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Oh, one more thing to add to this ridiculous flame war: If you think Transformers are "cheesy" and "not good anymore", then I have just one question for you...

WAYOTB? (Why Are You On This Board?)

10. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

G1 might have been cheesy at times but it was a fun show and pulled it off without being overly kiddy, which is the probably with the last 3 shows in my opinion. BW was a lot better than i was expecting when I watched it recently, however, I think a lot of people have rose colored glasses on for that as well, while plot wise it was more cohesive, I don't think it was really better than G1 as far as charachter wise and toy wise they might have had better articulation but some of those designs were outright terrible and the heavy use of "kibble" was a major turn off for me. But as others have said, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
    G1 was my favorite and BW was pretty decent, however that being said, the shows of the past few years and even a good part of the toys from those lines were pretty crappy IMO.

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Show the G1 series to most kids and they think it's rotten (in my experience).
    It's a silly and judgemental reaction, but sadly true. They want slick animation, fast movement and lots of hysterical shouting. This pattern seems to be reflected across children's programming in general, and isn't just limited to animation.

12. soundblastc44

soundblastc44 CAPS MASTER...OH YEAH

WHY MUST PROPLE COMPLAIN... THATS ALL PEOPLE DO THESE DAYS... I CANT BELIVE OUR FOURFATHERS DIED IN BATTLE FOR A COUNTRY FULL OF WHINERS.

13. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I'd have to say the low point of Transformers was Armada, some of the worst animation I've ever seen in recent days. Comparing all of the TF shows, Beast Wars easily wins out. It had amazing characters, the best stories of ANY Transformer series, and some spectacular animation for its time. After Beast Machines, and during Beast Machines Season 1, everything kinda started to go downhill.

Generation 1 isn't the best thing out there, I own all the DVD's and they get pretty crappy and cheesy too. Beast Wars easily stands above the rest as the greatest Transformer Show of all ages. Nothing will ever compare to Beast Wars.

14. The621

News Credits:
    That's because you haven't seen the TV version. Rhino "modded" the episodes. Beast Wars, I could say was a fucking bold as hell move Hasbro made and then sent to Takara. That took balls.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Our Four Fathers?

16. Inner-Demon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yes I have seen the TV version. My brother had recorded the lot of them. G1 just isn't that great, it was innovative for its time, and I do love it, but compared to Beast Wars, it's just not that deep.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I disagree about Armada, Energon was the low point. Armada was actually very good once it finished introducing the characters, and actually got to the story plot. The animation wasn't always the best in the first half, it was still fun to watch. Also, the second half of the series totally makes up for every bad point in the first half. You need to watch the Prime/Galvatron fight from the last episode. I actually like that battle a little better than Prime/Megs from the movie.

18. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

yeah nowadays they are way too cheesy and they got rid of the classic transformation sound!!!!

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, you know, like My Two Dads, only DOUBLE!!

20. Inner-Demon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I saw every episode of Armada. Including the final battle, which didn't meet any of my expectations, of course very few Prime/Megatron fights compare to what happened in the Movie, now THAT was a great battle. Armada was bogged down with bad animation, bland characters, and just an uninteresting overall plot. I don't even want to get started on the Voice acting, just cringe worthy. Armada was the definite low point, Energon was better.