what is wrong with transformers these days

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus92x, Jan 14, 2007.

1. optimus92x

optimus92x Banned

what is wrong with transformers shows these days they are way to cheesy does anybody think i am right g1 forever:music 

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Oh yeah! G1 forever!!!!!!!!!

3. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Please......stop.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This looks like a job for... explanation and specifics! :) 

Otherwise, everything looks to me like "Hey, don't you think Transformers were SO much better back when I had little kid eyes, and my vision was all rose-colored 'n' crap?" ;) 

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

While I drastically preffer the 80s cartoon. It was full of cheese, too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I find the cheesiness is what makes it fun to watch. And the majority of TF shows are fun to watch, if you approach them with an open enough mind.

7. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

What the heck does that mean? I agree, the first and maybe second gen were the best, certainly anything after Galvatron and Hotrod was forgettable. If you ask me they are more childish now than G1 ever was.
    Speed Planet, Sky planet, jungle planet, ice cream planet, puh'leez! They came to earth so simply and it all evolved from there into the animated movie very effectively. Sure, they were selling toys back then, but the stories were stronger and more mature than the kind of thing they do today for the 'kiddies'.
    Energon, Cybertron, New Generation and the lame (yes I think they are silly) Beast Wars along with the declining design quality of the toys just made me lose interest years ago. I'm only here now because my nephews rekindled the TF fan inside me and yes they too prefer the G1 shows to the glitzy CG new gen shows and as much as they want to, I won't let them touch my G1 toys!

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Really?
    Sorry if I come off sounding rude or anything, but what makes you say so, you put a G1 toy next to its recent Counterpart:-

E.g: Astrotrain
    G1 - Classics

Still, you are entitled to an opinion, It just confuses me?

IMO the only toy with new incarnations that werent as good is Jetfire.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hot Rod & Galvatron? 2 thoroughly pathetic and forgettable characters. I credit TFTM with being the death knell for decent G1 Transformers. I mean, really; Kup? Blurr? Wheelie? Wreck-Gar? Absolute crap. More or less the only decent post-movie G1 toys were the Japanese ones.
    Yeah. Because "The girl who loved Powerglide" was the most mature story ever. The G1 cartoon was a horifically bad series, full of continuity errors, cringe inducing plotlines, largely feeble dialogue and abysmal animation. To say that this joke of a cartoon series was in any way decent is laughable.
    Whoah, hold it RIGHT there. One of the most innovative TF lines we've ever had, coupled with THE best series we've ever had, and it's "silly"? I'm going to have a hard time taking the rest of your post seriously now...
    And now I just big fat can't take it seriously. You honestly think that articulation and detail on the levels we have now is declining design quality? That's the funniest thing I've read in ages! Even a Basic figure now has more articulation than just about any G1 toy did. And they have done since Beast Wars.
    Ain't nothing wrong with CG. Get out of the 80s, you have 2 decades ahead of you.

10. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

one man's junk is another's treasure.

i dont like beast wars either but i dont go bashing it. jeez.
    we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    i wouldnt go as far as saying "what is wrong". things change. i cant imagine 20+ years of G1. THAT would suck. seriously.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    omgstfunoobkthxbye

12. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

The G1 comic for the most part was better than the G1 cartoon series. I watched it when I was 5 but then again at that age I watched anything animated. Some of the epiodes and the movie of G1 have stood the test of time but most of them aren't really better than anything from AEC. Beast Wars is my favorite for character depth, continuity arc, no minicon/cyber planet key quest, and no kid that is constantly hungry.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Good call on all counts, Chaz.

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

With evolving Technology and the way of the future things change. G1 is always going to be the top dawg but times change and so do toys and cartoons and even Transformers.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Even I started in Cybertron I love g1 Shame YTV Never plays G1 but they've played everything else I love g1 Classics

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It means that looking through the eyes of a child back in the 80s, coupled with nostalgia for 'the good old days' makes things in the past seem alot better than they actually were. Especially if one's memories are faulty.

G1, Generation 1, is everything from 1984 to 1992. There was no first and second generation within Generation 1.

Eh, G1 could be just as childish as stuff now.

Actually, the sudden transition of the second season of the series to the movie is jarring and badly done, given the movie is suddenly 20 years in the future, and there is no real explanation to what has happened over that time (aside from the Autobots bring drive off Cybertron).

G1 stories were just as goofy, cheesy and intentionally poorly written as anything from today, mate. Remember the Dacitron, the Hypnotic Disco Nightclub of Doom? Or the time Megatron build a Giant Purple Griffin for no apparent reason? Or the time Seaspray had a romance with this alien chick who could also become a robot?

What the heck is 'New Generation'?

Okay, I call BS on this comment, mate. There is no way in hell that the design quality of TFs since the mid 1990s has 'declined' compared to the archiac, fragile and static G1 figures of the 80s. And that's not just talking about Alternators or any other collector-oriented toy, I'm talking about the toys meant for kids/everybody, too.

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I perfectly agree about to each his own, but I do disagree with your last sentance. If those 20 years had stories all about the same G1 season 1 & 2 characters leading up to the events of 2005...I'd be in HEAVEN! :D  I can't get enough stories about my favorite G1 characters. I guess that's what the comics and fanfiction are for.

Respect the old, and be openminded for the new. That's my humble opinion anyway.

And BW rocks!

18. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Wasen't that the series where where Hot Rod, Springer, Blurr, Wheelie, Arcee and Transvestobot traveled across South America fighting those Invid guys?

19. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Y'know I would've said the similar things seven years ago. But you have to look at the new stuff with an open mind. Besides in order to make a profit, HasTak has to come up with new ideas, they cannot recycle G1 until end of time, things have got to move on.

This is something I cannot swallow. Some G1 toys barely had any articulation including some of the Diaclone descended toys, not mention that they were made of more fragile plastic.

There is nothing wrong with Beast Wars IMO, this is where HasTak took the TF franchise off at a tangent, and they should applauded for it.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, disagree completely. Galaxy Force is right behind Beast Wars in terms of quality, as far as I'm concerned.