What is WRONG with people these days?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Surge, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to flood the board with nonsense but, I have to discuss something that has been angering me for several weeks. Here's the story...

At the start of June, my mom, brother, and I went to Walmart because my brother needed something for his car. As usual, I went to the toy department so I could look at the Transformers figures. I picked up ROTF Soundwave, ready to find my mom and bro....then I noticed something. I must have an eagle eye, because I saw that one of the Voyager Starscream figures was missing a top fin in F-22 mode. So I picked up the Starscream, examined the box, and realized that the fin was completely gone. Not even packaged with the figure. After that, I brought it to a lady working near the toy aisles. I said in a very polite way, "Ma'am, I'd like to report a broken toy. This action figure is missing a piece.". So, she looked at the box and in a very rude and snippy way, responded with, "I'll take it to the back room!". I swear, the tone of her voice really pissed me off. Here I am, doing what I thought would be a GREAT deed, and I didn't get a damn thank you or nothing. Just a very crabby-ass response. She even snatched the figure from me after I slowly handed it to her. :mad 

2. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Don't worry about it. You did the right thing....she was having a crappy life before you came into it, and she's probably still having a crappy life now.

Thanks for doing a good deed!!

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Some people are just like that. You did a good thing, and karma will get ya something nice.

4. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

very mean lady

5. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Your motives were good. While she is snarky, Primus smiles!

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the great responses so far! I feel better already. :) 

Walmart, I swear, has some of the worst employees. What I don't understand though, is that most of the cashiers are really nice. Wandering employees on the other hand, such as stockers, evil toy lady, etc., all act like they need a big hug from Barney or something.

7. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    You need to report this to the Mgr!

8. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

its all the culture of walmart, they know they are the bottom of the barrel, thier managment knows they are easily replaceable so they are treated like crap...its no surprise that most of them are angry bitter assclowns.

9. Mc Primus

Mc Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is that the employee couldn't give a crap if the toy were on fire because it wouldn't add a dime to their salary. I have tried the same type of thing in the past, and gotten the same type of response. You are doing a good thing because you are keeping some 10 year old from having a crappy experience with what COULD be his first TF.

And next time, just take it directly to customer service and tell them it has been tampered with, they will send it back to hasbro. The customer service people are usually a little more helpful with "easy" stuff like that.

Good job!

10. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

i think its a difference in the levels that you two care... you care, she doesn't and thinks your just a whinny loser complaining about a toy. its just a big OMG to her.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The toy is now sitting where you picked it up.

12. red4

red4 Banned

This reminds me of the time I went to CompUSA with my brother. We were there looking for assistance with something computer related (obviously, though I don't remember exactly what). So my brother went to that booth with the windows - where there was a line; I suppose it was a customer service station, but specifically for assistance with fixing one's computer (not for returns and complaints, or anything). My brother got in line. We stayed there for about 20 minutes, and the line never moved, AND nobody was getting any assistance. The employees were all back there on the phones, or walking around like mindless idiots as if there were no customers needing assistance. Eventually people broke off and left, and my brother did the same. Couldn't those jerks have the decency to tell everyone to fuck off, instead of making everyone waste time?

13. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    That's the thing...I didn't get her name. The only things I know is that she is short, has red hair, and wore glasses. Not very discriptive but I swear, if this ever happens again, I'll report it to the manager. I don't want to be a snitch but it's supposed to be the employee's job to be respectful and curdious to their customers.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've experience the same thing at Walmart so I don't even bother any more. Target is better, employees seem happier. The happy Walmart cashiers are the one who are just working there for the health insurance, not a wage.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Go work mass retail, come back, and retype this thread.

16. red4

red4 Banned

off topic: The Wal-Mart nearest to me hires mostly hot young girls as cashiers. The other Wal-Marts in my area don't seem to be biased this way. (Office Depot is hot chick-cashiers galore.)

17. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Well, I certainly hope you're on my side. :lol 

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Ah, but you see here...I have a little thing called patience. :thumbs2: 

Funny you should mention that, because the local Walmart here has a lot of gorgeous cashiers as well. Especially this one hottie with a nice rack; I couldn't stop staring at her ch........okay, I'll stop.

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    An uninspired woman working for minimum wage in a toy department acts snappy?
    OH SHI-

20. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Having worked retail for many many years, I've learned that everyone has their bad days and can't always have a smile on their face when dealing with snotty-ass customers. Ya know, I read threads like this one and the "Gee Thanks Wal-Mart" thread, and I have to ask "What is WRONG with toy collectors?"

And it's quite easy to claim having patience when you're 17. Again, work in retail for a few years and your "patience" will turns into frustration.