What is with all the hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigRC83, Jan 20, 2012.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    It seems a lot of board members are calling the FansProject Not-Incecticons a huge disappointment. I disagree. They are not as impressive as Not-Bruticus or City Commander but I am happy how the Not-Incecticons turned out.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Haters gonna hate. I'm perfectly happy with them, too.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought three of each. I'm insanely happy with them.

4. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't hate them, but find them very underwhelming. Feels like a missed opportunity to me, although I can't really put it into words. Guess I just expected better from FP.

5. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

They are beautiful bots, but the bugs aren't great. To be fair, the source material wasn't much to work with, as other than maybe Kickback, the G1 Insecticons were terrible bugs.

Still, I love the bot re-desiigns. Very Classics, as opposed to slavishly G1. I also like the size, smaller than the standard deluxe, but clearly bigger than a scout.

6. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    I love them, beast modes are eh, transformation is tricky, but their robot modes and their pose-ability is just insanely awesome!

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I missed this reaction because I was under the impression that the response was fairly positive...not as overwhelming as the reaction to the Bruticus upgrades or City Commander, but I thought it was still positive. I don't recall seeing a lot of complaints but then again I don't read each and every single thread on here.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

they are the only modern era insecticons i will need.

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The robots are nice enough, but I feel the need to custom them to make them look right, Insecticons all have iconic silhouettes which are very easy to replicate, yet they got it wrong. Shit, the important thing to get right is the head! I'm all for new designs, but a little closer homaging would have helped. I shouldn't have to custom a third party toy.

Also, I've not transformed them since I got them, which is never a good sign. I feel the original Insecticons are better, with a much funner transformation, even if they are very limited in posability.

But hey, I hope people do enjoy them after spending all that money! I wouldn't call anything I've said here "hate", I wouldn't say I've heard any "hate", but I think a lot of people hear conflicting opinion and take them personally.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only things I don't like about them is the price tag ($50 each X 3 = $150 + shipping for scout/deluxe-sized bots), and I didn't/dont' have it for them. Also, I dislike the heads.

Aside from that, I can't understand why anyone would dislike them either. Then again, I don't own 'em.

11. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I want to see them release them in Salvo, Shot Hole, and Zaptrap colours.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I have two of the three ninsecticons, and I'm loving them so far. I think mostly people just wanted a more faithful look to Shrapnel's pincer kibble and Kickback's face--or at least those are the only qualms I really have. Fortunately, they are made in such a way that this wish can be accomodated fairly easily by other groups.

13. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Way to simplistic transformation - the one with the kunai is basicly fold up legs, swivel waste and then you're done (haven't done it in a while, but that was basicly it, right?) That's the same level of complexity that was in the g1 micromasters.

The Kunais on that toy was rediculasly sharp as well, the boll joints were all messed up (try tilting the heads back - popped off on my...can't remember the name)

I bought all three, but only transformed one - one unopened and one taken out of package...extremely disapointed.

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them a lot. I think they just weren't the huge sensation that the Bruticus kit was. Maybe it's the size, maybe it's that they're stand alone figures, but I don't think it's the design.

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bug modes really aren't up to the caliber I expected from FP. Stormbomb is especially fiddly, and Thundershred's shins angle instead of lay flat in bug mode. The overall look and engineering of the robot mode and transformations are still awesome. I love the ninja motif and the weapons that come with them to make them stand out. I very much prefer them not slavish to G1.

So there are quirks I expected to be better or different, but you can't deny how dynamic these guys look when posed.

16. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    i'm impatiently waiting for mine to come in from TFSource, i was against the looks when they came out but they've really grown on me. My only gripes are Strombombs purple legs and Thundershreds small head. I hope they come today!!!

17. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

I can see why some might be underwhelmed by the insect modes, but as with most transformers I wanted them mostly for the bot modes. A great bot mode will outweigh a mediocre alt mode for me every time, and I feel like the bot modes on all three are fantastic. My sole complaint is that only one of the three has a painted chest. With all three lined up the bare yellow plastic on the other two stand out considerably.

18. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i have them they are great figures, but not great insecticons

the ninja thing i dont care for and sadly after owning not sharpnel for only 15 hours a took my g1 shrapnel removed the head modified it to fit and did the same thing with his pinchers, with taht he looks perfect. i am waiting to see what rumblespoon comes up with before i contine doing this to the rest of them but the ninja weapons went back into the box

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I didn't know they were disliked? I bought all three but never got around to transforming them. I think it was because Hercules massively overshadowed them.

I like them OK on display, they seem pretty badass.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I don't think the dislike for these figures is overwhelming. From what I can see, the reception has remained fairly positive. In any case, I like them for myriad reasons, most notably the plastic quality seeming better than previous FP releases and the fact that they were re-imagined as ninjas. I think the face plates totally work with that concept. I also don't think that the FP Insecticons make their G1 counterparts obsolete in any way. In fact, I firmly believe that both sets complement each other rather nicely.