What is WFC based on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scoobsterinc, Mar 15, 2012.

1. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I think its based on G1 but there have been a few rumours that its based on prime?

I just want some one to confirm which storyline its in because its getting really confusing

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    From the looks of it, it's based on g1 and the books. However, Matt has said over and over that there is no connection to prime at all

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's their own interpretation of G1 events.

It's not, and has never been "based on" Prime. What it is is part of the same "continuity family", according to Hasbro, which essentially means that Prime's backstory most resembles that of WFC. Therefor Prime, in some respects, is based on WFC.

4. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

Overall design, it's based on G1, however, it's supposed to be in the Exodus continuity, with TF: Prime, FOC, & Rescue Bots.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    WFC/FOC is to Prime as the Marvel comics were to the G1 cartoon.

6. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

Like others said, it's based on G1 but it is not a G1 prequal. I think some story aspects are based on the War Within Comics.

7. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    its based on G1, but have nothing to do with it, since Hasbro made it part of the aligned continuty

8. MetruMaximus

MetruMaximus Well-Known Member

It's based on Animated! Lol jk. I'm not sure of its really based on any particular series, but it does have somewhat of a connection to G1.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is not based on Transformers Prime--how did you come to that conclusion? Cliffjumper's head?

Matt Tieger said several times way back in 2010 that the original cartoon's story syncs up with their story. Now, I know there are many here who disagree with that, and that's fine. I'm just telling you what HMS said.

Matt and company stated that they drew from all things transformers to make this game, though the bulk of their info came from childhood memories (the cartoon) and comic books.

In fact, IIRC, it was their original pitch to Hasbro for the game that got Hasbro thinking about making an aligned continuity, and it sounds as though HMS' concept is its foundation.

10. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Split Lip, we rarely agree. But exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself.

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea I thought so I just got confused when people started replying to some of my youtube comments saying its based on prime

12. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WFC is it's own continuity.

13. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here are the facts:

1) The game designers/creators were making it thinking it would basically be a new G1 game. They certainly based it on G1 with a few more modern bits from other continuities mixed in here and there, but mostly G1.

2) At the same time this was happening, Hasbro was dreaming up TF: Prime and their giant foundation/backstory bible that would be the base of their new Aligned Continuity. At some point they decided to roll War for Cybertron into that bible and make it and its spin-off novels and media a part of the backstory for the Aligned Continuity family and TF: Prime.

3) So basically it was mostly "based on" and concieved to be G1 by the folks making it while they were making it, but Hasbro, before it was released, decided to use it in another manner instead and officially rolled it into being part of the Aligned Continuity.

4) Fall of Cybertron is much more strongly connected to Prime (though still with G1 influence) as Hasbro has now firmly set it there and instructed the game creators of that. Just as the second Ex novel was much stronger in its Prime connections than the first was.

-ZacWilliam, so basically it's a grey area. It was created based on G1 but is officially part of Aligned like Prime.