what is up with emo kids?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    im sure you've seen them around, what is their deal??

I've been going to the kaos concert series here in town, and I swear, all the people there are emo kids, they stand around doing nothing looking sad the whole time making it really difficult for others to enjoy the show, then half way through, they all leave, cuz its past their bed times or whatever, leaving the last couple bands performing for virually no one.

do they have some kind of phsycic disorder or something?

it costs money to get into the show, why do they all leave half way through, makes no sense to me, the last show was awesome, and the last band, I felt so bad for them, they played the best out of all the bands that night, and there were only about 5 people left there to watch.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Stop being Emo, Mike.

Go listen to Linkin Park or something.

3. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Emo kids are retarded, i hate them, their music, and their whole emotiona movement... id place them on the shutup bus to fuckoffville if i could. In halo they should have a gametype where the object is to see how many time you can kill yourself id watch just to see them all indifferently and hopelessly try and crawl to the top of the ranking for most sad pathetic waste of space on the planet....which having said that is probably what they would enjoy hearing.

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    my girlfriend showed me a funny video of some emo girl on youtube "like, my life is so dark, no one understands me, im so sad.."

geez emo!! there's a million of you out there, what's there to understand, you spend too much time alone and on the computer, GO OUTSIDE!!!

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what is up with waterworld fans?!

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My favourite emo's are the ones that wear those "you laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same" t-shirts, clearly missing the hilarious irony of wearing a mass-produced fad shirt like that.

Oh yeah, emo's are dickwads. I was in this kind of comic/toy shop in the city that (unfortantly) has all that Emily Strange shit and also those corpse doll things - I overheard a great convo from some emo's: "They're like baby dolls, but they're like dead and shit. That's so hardcore." They were dead serious. No sarcasm.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is "emo" any different than what we used to call "goth" when I was in junior high 15 years ago? The things being described here seem to be similar. They were all into the Smiths and the Cure, all black clothes, etc... it all seems like a variation on the same thing.

I remember this girl I really liked - a total knockout... she had a beautiful pink sweater & jeans combo and a scarf she used to wear - always happy and smiling. Then we got back to school after the summer break and she had shaved half her head, wore all black clothes, lipstick and eyeliner, and had a ring through her nose. Yikes.

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goths generally 'embraced' the darkness, and were people you could actually talk to and have a good time with. These emo kids just like to act depressed. Hence the phrase, 'I wish my grass was emo, so it would cut itself.'

-Tony!

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Emo = dark emotions right?

Never really dealt with any emo kids.. had no idea what to look for.. now I do..

Freak teens do annoy me too. They are all "Daddy nvere hugged me when I was sick at age five. My world is so bleak and barren. Devoid of all love." You got the punk rockers, the emos, goths, etc.

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And then there's the B-boys and the rockers and the hip-hoppers and the pill-poppers...

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved the South Park episode when Stan started hanging out with the emo kids because he was all upset about Wendy.

The emo kids were saying how they were non-conformists, but if Stan wanted to hang out with them then he had to dress and act like them or something. And they kept hanging out at Denny's and writing poems about pain.

Too funny.

12. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I think the better question would be what is down with emo kids, nothing is ever up with them....

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    where you at?

where you at?

where you at?

where you at?

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    All I know is that Hot Topic's got a good thing going on. They've recognized who they can make their money off and how to do it. Now, after doing some googling around, I still can't find out if Hot Topic is a bracket company off of the same group that owns The Gap and Abercrombie or if it's a standalone franchise, but one thing's for sure -

They're making money off of the sad-sads by marketing an industry-followed fashion trend (if the emo bands wear it, SO WILL YOU!) and merchandise that is all loosely tied together by its semi-relevant connections to pop culture, modern culture or pop counterculture.

...and that means MONEY. MONEYMONEYMONEY. For Hot Topic and not for the sad-sads.

Wit' da bippin' 'n da boppin' 'n da hippin' 'n da hoppin'...the kidddsssss, b'cuz YA SEE, THEO...they got tha drugs 'n the BASKETBAWL...BGAWWWWWWWWW

15. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny thing, at work we have someone that constantly says "#$#*& Emo Kids." All the time, yet, he's always the first to be in hot topic, wearing a ramones T-Shirt and Long strapped black pants.

Tis entire time I thought that Emo Kids were people who were in that qausi-skateboard bracket thats usually listening to the newest Blink 182-knockoff bands, and such. Hell we just used to call them Goth... very vapid goths, but goths.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The ramones dont really classify as emo in my book...and, as far as it goes, im a pretty emo kid myself...not into the whole my life is pain, but i listen to alot of the music from emo to screamo to hardcore, and i will admint im not at all like the average emo kid, i still admit to being somewhat emo...now, i dont dress in all black, in fact, i rarely dress in black, i do wear a band tshirt 90% of the time, but those shirts are all purchased at shows, not at hot topic, i hate that bloody place...i prefer to put my money in the hands of the bands i love, not some corporat

EMO

huh, so i looked it up, i guess im not as emo as i thought, cuz ive got a pretty bright look on life...i do have the paranoia part though...always freaking out over stuff...but not in a horribly bad life altering way...basically, if you watch the OC, Adam Brody's character seth is basically like me...except im not jewish...other than that, we're pretty similiar...i just listen to more hardcore and screamo/post hardcore stuff...

17. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

18. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Emo kids just need a good flogging in the town square. That'll learn em!

19. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

i wear band shirts all the time... but the bands i listen to would pulverize the average emo kid into piss soaked powder. Cannibal Corpse, Circle of Dead Children, Infernus Nocturne, Cradle of Filth... THATS hard music, that is the voice of darkness, Its raw loud and full of hate but it doesnt whine it doesnt ask to be accepted, that is the music that expresses the dark side of the human psyche... not some bullshit band like panic at the disco, fallout boy or my chemical romance.
    The emo kids around here carry swords, wear trenchcoats and like to do shit like cut themselves or their friends to show how "emo" they really are

20. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Why are so many people bothered by emo kids?

It's not like they hurt anyone.

Apart from themselves, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.