What is up with animated season 3 on DVD ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Viper08, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is preventing the freaking release of animated season 3? I just don't get it; do they like money or not?, release the darn thing!!!
    Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thanks for the replies guys.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    rights. Cartoon Network also has the rights to animated tv show, so yeah, don't expect it anytime soon, cause a little thing called the Hub will prevent it

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

one word my friend
    ioffer

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

What he said.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

why would the hub prevent cartoon network using its rights to animated to release season 3on dvd?

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    cartoon network is not gonna want to release something that might help promote a now rival tv network

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Exactly.

Since Hasbro has the Hub channel, and are currently showing both the Prime series and G1, with the possibility that they might show the other TF series on the Hub in the future, why would Cartoon Network want to allow the release of Animated season three on DVD if it might end up promoting what is now a rival channel and such?

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Same reason we don't have RiD on DVD. No reason for them to help another company make money.

9. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's ioffer?

10. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    Although I'm not expecting it any time soon I hope that eventually season 3 does get released on DVD because It is the best season in my opinion and I'm sure many agree with that.

11. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does Cartoon Network have to do with RID? I thought RID aired on Fox, which aired Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and those came out on DVD

12. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

It's like ebay. There were a few people offering Season 3 sets on DVDR recorded off Cartoon Network. It's not that great in quality.... but, it's better than nothing until the real thing is released.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    A site that shouldn't be discussed on here :( 

Several have posted the correct info, it may be awhile before we see an official DVD set for Season 3 of TFA.

Ok, so we know the HUB is Hasbro's current "launch site" for their programs and series, but interesting to note, they still advertise Transformers toys on Cartoon Network, just saw some ads during Ben 10 and Star Wars this weekend. Guess marketing toys and marketing/releasing DVDs are a whole different arena, with the rights etc. but really, I just would like for Hasbro to work something out with CN and release Season 3. Split the money..then fans can buy a legit copy and everybody's somewhat happy :D 

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Disney has the rights to RID now, Fox Kids was given to ABC.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    One thing that's interesting is that RID has been released on DVD, just not in North America. Those crazy Disney folks.

Sadly I think Animated is doomed to follow the footsteps of way too many shows and not be released in it's entirety on DVD.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I know, always made me a little bummed that RID was released outside the US.

17. guard convoy

News Credits:
    wrong, Disney HAD the rights to RID, Saban got the rights back when they bought all their properties back, like power rangers

18. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

then could we expect RID from Saban then?

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    After 30+ years as a fanboy I've learned you should never expect them to do anything. You have to make the effort to let them know of your interest.

Now, I don't have much faith in online petitions -- they're passive rather than active, and thus why they mostly all fail. But if you start a letter/email-writing campaign to Saban and encourage TF fandom to do the same, and at the same time get Shout Factory interested in getting the distribution rights (showing them evidence of significant consumer/fan interest...you might just achieve a successful campaign.

Almost every month for nearly the last decade I have written letters and sent emails to Disney, Warner Bros, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other studios informing them of my interest in seeing [insert animated title here] released on DVD. I've encouraged other fans to do the same.

I've seen several properties on my personal wish list released since I started doing this. I don't even pretend that I can take credit for it. But I figure if I make them aware of my interest, and keep reminding them periodically, eventually they might just look into seeing what kind of consumer demand there might be for that product.

Warner Archive, Nickelodeon and Shout Factory have all gotten on board with made-to-order and burn-on-demand DVD releases, and it's ideal for the niche market consumers too. Could be the way to go for RiD too.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I spoke to Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster (apologies for gratuitous name-dropping) at Auto Assembly last year about it, and they assured me it WAS coming out, but they also said not to hold your breath as it wouldn't be here any time soon.