what is transformers: victory?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MTME, Jun 3, 2010.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    title says it
    I have heard people mention transformers victory but don't know what it is

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
  3. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Instead of using Rebirth, the Japanese continuity instead branched off and had 3 more shows, in order, they were Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    This.

Transformers Victory is a Japanese G1 cartoon. It was released on DVD here in the UK a couple years back, don't think it got an official American release.

5. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Correct! Only in the UK. I managed to get a hold of Masterforce, and I soooo need to get Headmasters, & Victory.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    They can be had cheap on amazon while the complete box set is pretty expensive.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Transformers Zone OVA which was concluded in manga. Also Transformers Battlestars manga which features the return of Convoy (Optimus Prime) as Star Convoy to battle Super Megatron.

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I thought Battle Stars was a magazine story?

9. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

japan really had alot of tf series i forgot how many they put out.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    The best Japanese G1 series out there....
    Transformers Victory is a series with the classic "Autobot versus Decepticon" conflict, but this time, there's no Megatron or Optimus Prime leading the fractions. This series takes place in the future, 20 years after the events of Transformers The Movie.
    The Autobots, led by Star Saber, are allied with the humans forming the Space Defense Force, to protect the galaxy from the Decepticons. Their evil leader, Deathsaurus, plots to conquer earth, something the leaders before him never managed to do. But his opponent Star Saber won't make that easy for him. Can Deathsaurus and the Decepticons defeat the Autobots? Perhaps Star Saber is too powerful for them? Or could Deathsaurus have a trick in his sleeve?

There is a amazing Dub series on TFcog....
    So go here Welcome to TFCog - Your source for Transformers fan dubs! the press Victory which is under "projects".

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It is.

Manga=Comic

Doujin and 4-koma are even called Manga.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, since everyone else already answered it, I've got to ask... Did you even try googling it? The first link it brings up takes you to Wikipedia, and explains it in detail. Google is your friend...

But yeah, while Masterforce is a far superior cartoon IMO, Victory is mostly coveted because it's a line full of molds that the US never got...

13. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I will check Amazon.com :) 

14. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Victory is a tough one to get through. Whereas both Headmasters and Masterforce have an ongoing narrative and develop as they go on, Victory spends an awful lot of time just having episodes where the Decepticons attack, the Autobots arrive, put them to flight...and then thats it. It doesn't really shift into gear until late into the second half of the series. It is also seemingly pitched at a much younger audience, much like Car Robots/ RiD, with much more juvenile antics and simpler plots - and that awful end theme tune about Star Saber not being a bed wetting food sneak. Ugh. It does have some great animation though, the fight scene at the end is like something out of the Animated movie! The Dinoforce are adorable as well, being the light relief of the series and prone to little 'Super-Deformed' daydream asides.

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Thats not what I meant. I meant magazine story as in mostly text with limited illustrations. But I was not aware there was a manga as well.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Really suggest you check out this site. The old japanese cartoons are great, storywise and animation, but the voiceovers and music are terrible. These guys have done phenomenal work. They've covered all of Victory and their Headmasters episodes are fantastic.
    Welcome to TFCog - Your source for Transformers fan dubs!

17. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Isn't that the G1 cartoon in a nutshell?

18. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I loved Victory. Watched the whole series a few years ago, loved every minute of it.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That's because it was not a manga.

20. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the G1 cartoon had a different weapon/gadget/goal/alien/menace with each episode to constantly mix the plots up, with the Decepticons sometimes defeated by sheer Autobot power, sometimes miscalculation, hubris, outside interference, or what have you. In Victory, the majority of the first half of the episodes only differ in setting (desert/jungle/tanker on the ocean/oil field/solar plant/asteroid), with the goals being "get energy by attacking as normal with no special weapons or schemes", and wins are almost universally achieved by Star Saber showing up at the end and beating up the bad guy rather than anything game-changing. Compare "Move Out! Rescue Team", in which the Decepticons attack a theme park and the Autobots just beat them by punching them and that's literally it, to the MUCH-more G1-ish episode, "Attack of the Death-Bringing Space Insects", in which the Decepticons cultivate metal-eating insects from another planet, trap the Autobots in a forcefield in the desert and unleash the beasties on them, only to be defeated when Jean, the human ally, proves able to get through the field and turns the creatures on the Decepticons themselves.