What is this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Apr 7, 2010.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    *sniff* I smell Godziboy.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Dinosazars rahhhhh.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Interesting. I've heard about this before but I never thought there was actual footage of this.

Why do I still feel people have a problem with me believing in Extraterrestrial life? :inquisiti 
    We're fans of a franchise about giant robots from outer space, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Get over it.

Do I smell like lemons? Damn I love this new axe cologne :D 

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Upon further research, thrusters do not not shoot out visible light that is visible to the human eye. At least not like that. And, to my knowledge, particles do not travel in a straight line, unless they have an independent guidance system. Particles react to the other particles around them. Last, but not least, the object turned on a dime, and accelerated. It ACCELERATED! It appears to be leaving Earth, not revolving around it

6. Tyrannosaur

It could be fake, could be real. Interesting footage no doubt. I'm keeping a skeptic mind about this. ;) 

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that's the power of pinesol baby

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

It is possible that the space station sent...something... that propelled a piece of ice, but why didnt the camera move? And why would the space station be shooting anything, besides waste? I guess the thing is that big to support the idea that the dismissal was off camera, but still...

9. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I've seen this footage before,very interesting.

Oh and Godziboy,you are not alone in believing in extraterrestrial life,I believe in it and paranormal phenomena as well.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, they do, and other kinds shoot out matter (such as gases) that are themselves visible. And there are tons of kinds of space debris whose surfaces make them more visible at different angles than at others.

And for the record, particles DO travel in a straight line, almost overwhelmingly so. Newton's laws basically state that a particle will go in a straight line unless there's another force, say, gravity, to change its path. That's why radiation travels in a straight line, light travels in a straight line, falling objects travel in a straight line, etc.

What we're likely seeing here is a piece of debris streaking past the window of what I assume is the space station / shuttle, making the crazy death beam / haarp killray / other tinfoil hat illuminati reptiloid secret superweapon. The movement of the object away from it could be another chunk of debris that collided with something, a satellite reorienting itself, or even another speck that was disturbed by the movement of the other one. This is assuming this is actually taking place in space or whatever, since we have no other information about what the footage is showing.

I mean, seriously. This footage shows (with no background context other than ALIENS GET SHOT AT) an extremely grainy speck that moves in one direction, and then another, after a streak of some kind. The quality is insufficient to accurately determine the perspective, the location, or any of the objects themselves. Also, your idea of acceleration is based on observation in a 2D place, whereas the movement of the object is likely in the third dimension as well, which means that due to your perspective, that isn't necessarily what's actually happening.

If the truth is out there, this sure ain't it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  11. Tyrannosaur

Aliens are out there for sure. The problem is that the distance between solar systems is so incredibly great it takes light a couple thousand years to travel between.

Those stars in the sky? That light you're seeing may be thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years old. For all we know that Star may not even exist anymore at this current point in time. Electromagnetic Radiation travels at the speed of light, (3.0x10^8 km/sec) EMR includes Gamma rays, Radio waves, X waves, Mico waves etc. and what SETI has send out has barely scraped the outer edge of nearby systems.

The Galaxy is 100,000 light years in diameter, containing billions of planets. I'd say the chance of life outside our solar system is pretty high right now. If it turns out there are no other Earth-like planets, oh well, there are a million other galaxies out there with billions of solar systems within them.

Damn Astronomy is so mind boggling, which makes it interesting :D 

???

12. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I whole-heartedly agree with the latest two posts that precede this one (Aernaroth's & Godziboy1993's posts). I honestly could not have worded either of those perspectives any better. Especially with the numbers - I'm not so good with the maths*. Excellent perspectives here... yall two could probably write a rather interesting book on this subject.

~Z

*maths - from Look Around You

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Did'nt know we take shots at UFO's like that.
    Would'nt allowing them to land be the idea?

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I too believe in extraterrestrial life there just far too many stars for life in some form not to be found on Planets orbiting at least a few of them.

as for the footage its intriguing at best, its far too grainy to prove anything.

15. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Cosmos was evading Decepticon attack.

Whether you believe in extraterrestrials or not, this low quality Youtube vid is hardly proof.

16. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    so much for giving peace a chance. now they're going to come back and kill us all.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I for one welcome the unyielding wisdom of our Shaa overlords, and look forward to the day my distant ancestors can take their place as members of the Peers, serving the Praxis proudly and without deviation from its established code of conduct.

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Not proof. ET's don't exist. :2c: 

19. MixTapeEqualize

MixTapeEqualize optimal primus is best

This thread is the reason NASA is losing it's funding. thanks a lot guys.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It is a link to a youtube video.