What is this-- X-Men: Evo "Library Binding"?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Beastbot X, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4326693

Found this while searching Walmart.com to see if they had listings for any new X-Men: Evolution DVDs. Does anyone know anything about this Spotlight Productions "Library Binding" thing? It costs over $50, so it's gotta be at least somewhat impressive. I checked and they've also got several more of those "Library Binding" things for other comic properties, like Spider-Girl and the Incredible Hulk, and for some book properties like the Hardy Boys. I am at a total loss as to what this is, and as an X-Men: Evo fanatic, I'm DYING to find out...

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    maybe the show is finally hitting dvd as a series? but spidergirl never had a cartoon...so that may rule that out....who knows....i guess...but after looking at the site, i think its all gonna be books recapping or reprinting stories for walmart to sell...

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

It could be a hard cover trade of the X-Men evolution comics.

4. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    At $50? Seems an awful lot, consdering the comic series was just reprinted for about $10...

5. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    It's probably a reprint of all the Evo comics. Library binding is a more durable hardcover with reinforced binding. It's a more expensive edition than trades or regular hardcover.

Requirements for Library binding: Stitched signatures, sewn-on four-cord thread, strong endpapers, and backlining extended into the boards.

Source: Wikipedia

6. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    $50 still seems an awful lot for 9 comic issues in hardcover (Are there also Hardy Boys comics? Because they're under a similar listing by the same company, and I've never heard of those), but I guess we'll see... I mean, I don't question that it's a hardcover book, it's what it CONTAINS that I'm interested in...