What is this phantom movie line were not getting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Feb 12, 2012.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm seeing alot of angry posts about the movie trilogy line not being released in the U.S.. What movie trilogy line?
    This one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four repaints??? What is so exciting about these things that people are mad? None of them are even movie accurate? I don't get it. Does anybody else?

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    People were hoping it would be used to release DOTM toys already released in Asia, but not the U.S. Some were also hoping it would result in toys we haven't seen at all yet.

3. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    but their hopes, misconceptions, and assumptions, are all their own fault. No reason for hating on hasbro for not doing something they never promised to do.

All the months of hating and complaining about the dotm toyline and how sick people were of movie toys and now were mad it's over? No wonder Hasbro focuses on what kids want, the fandom as a whole is indecisive and has unrealistic expectations

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Some probably would take repaints of Soundwave and Wheeljack over none at all. Hell, I kinda prefer those versions to the 'movie accurate' releases myself.

Would be interesting to see what coulda/woulda/still might come from that line. Perhaps all this is an indicator that retailers' love affair with movie toys is over (or maybe just with movie-based sub-lines.)

5. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    I don't think we were ever gonna get anything more then what we saw. This was probably a filler line till Generations started in fall but since DOTM took so long to sell through they just nixed it

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    We also think this means we'll never get Soundwave (be it the deluxe or HA), and that by extension, Hasbro is picking up where Micheal Bay left off & proceeding to rape our adulthood.

7. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    .....I hope thats sarcasm

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least they took us to the movies first.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    whoa, new G1-esque Wheeljack and a more darker silver Soundwave = me likey! :D 

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahahahaha, you're spot on. No way I'm topping that. :) 

Also to MegaHavok, of course it was. However, if someone takes it for serial & decides to regurgitate a 20 minute wall of text my way without consulting their common sense, then I guess it'll happen.

11. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    lol, hey with the emotions in the air this weekend you cant assume anything

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Soundwave and Wheeljack looked to be superior redecos so I was looking forward to them.

Huh? They showed off product intended for release here - then proceeded not to. Where do you get this idea that it's a misconception or assumption?

13. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    The only one of those figures I really want is Wheeljack. Still, I hope the "Movie Trilogy" figures will be released stateside as "All-Stars" ;) 

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello? Two of the molds never came out here. Wheeljack is arguably accurate to the movie comic that many of us liked. Soundwave really needed a repaint, accurate or not, plus people go cuckoo for Soundblaster. Also, people ALWAYS love the G1 Ratchet repaints. The only one that got no love was Bumblebee.

And yes, often when they tease a whole new line that line does include new molds. 2010 also had a remarkably good filler line that was still fresh in people's minds.

As a primary Generations collector, I'm going to call out jerkiness for the sake of jerkiness against movie collectors, which is rampant in this forum. Generations is half repaints and we love every single one of them.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Don't think anyone really cared about yet another Bumblebee or Ratchet, it was more about Wheeljack and Soundwave. As the original, screen-accurate decos didn't get released their repaints would've been another chance to get the mold. Plus, these particular repaints fixed "problems" several people had with the originals: Wheeljack's head and Soundwave's paint (or rather lack of).

There's also been a lot of unannounced US cancellations lately. RtS was bad enough, then we got hit with FE Prime, and now DotM.

"Movie Trilogy" also suggested a subline like NEST or Allspark, as single waves don't normally get fancy titles. Since both of the last movies had a successor line, and that retailers love Movieverse enough to forgo other lines, there was no reason to think DotM wouldn't continue in some fashion (even if it took a Generations-type secondary line status). After all, there were plenty of characters from the movies to do.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I like Car Transformers so I'd want 3 of those 4 (I'd even buy Bumblebee if he was cheap I suppose) The white Wheeljack has a much less offensive head too.

I think the "idea" of a Movie trilogy toyline was that they'd start with the ones shown and then might progress to some unreleased items or things like a Hasbro Skywarp. White or Silver Barricade, or Buzzsaw, or repaint something like Mudflap & Skids perhaps and maybe even new moulds like Scrapper or other background DOTM characters. or a weaponised Roadbuster Dlx.

It might have also have provided an excuse to release Striker or Wingblade Prime in the west.

I think it shows a lack of skill that they couldn't get someone to takes these in the same way things like Fox Kids Beast Wars came out.

If they were smart they'd change the packaging design to RID style packaging put a small box out in the corner that says "Movie" and remove the "Prime" tag on the boxes chuck them in with the Prime toys just like they have with the Cyberverse line.

They tried to make a big deal of it and the retailers didn't bite - they'd have been better off saying nothing and just slipping them in a couple at a time as refresh items... heck if they were really crafty they'd sell RID packaged FE Deluxes and missing Movie Dlx in the same revision cases at the end of the year. or at least give tacit approval for the Ride store to sell the Asian ones.

P.s.

I actually like the RATCHET as he's decorated quite similarly the FAB Rescue Torch Ratchet and Prime Ratchet toys which I both like. I'm still kind of curious what Mechtech weapons they intended for them too.

Not to mention that Both Amp/Roadbuster and Topspin got their repaints but leadfoot still has not got his (let alone the original deco).

Maybe if we are super lucky the fully decorated Leadfoot might get sold in Australia as they have target stores too. and they also come under the general banner of the Asian Market at times.

17. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because I wants ma Soundblaster and Wheeljack redeco's because I like the molds/characters. Lack of a Cyberverse/HA Que is also annoying, speaking from a Cyberverse core cast completist standpoint. Also people who bought Topspin and Roadbuster are rightly pissed off that they're denied Deluxe Leadfoot and HA Topspin, keeping them from completing their Wreckers outside of Cyberverse (and those lucky few who managed to pick up an imported Deluxe Leadfoot).

18. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a bit surprised Hasbro can't even get some of this stuff out as retailer exclusives. They didn't mind giving Toys R Us the smaller versions of Energon Prime & Megatron, or Cybertron Voyager Starscream or even Animated Rodimus & Ironhide. Surely they could get some of this stuff out somewhere.

+-MWG-+

19. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Sounds like the only movie trilogy we're getting is the OP with trailer.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think "Allstars" is anything other than another name for those missing Trilogy things and isn't coming out either - unless they put the idea on hold and use it in 2014 for the 4th Movie toyline.

It seems what's left of DOTM has just plowed nose first into the ground like Prime Skyquake did.

Looking again at the Trilogy Prime box you can see it's pretty much just Dark of the Moon packaging with the Dark of the Moon logo taken off.

It uses the same silver and black and I think it can be seen as hasbro's attempt to do something like "HFTD" with the idea.

But as they mishandled DOTM so badly they burnt to many bridges with retailers to make that line viable as a seperate line - they only way I can see to release these things is to hide them under the broader "Transformers line" and pack them in RID boxes but with the Prime name missing from the cards or claim that "Generations" is really a Universe like line and stick them in Generations boxes in 2013.

The have little or no chance of getting Retailers to buy anything that's packed in any way like DOTM. which is a shame really as something like HA basics and normal size was a line that probably could have happily continued if the option was there.