What is this buyer doing!!!!!!!!????

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Wajo357, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I recently bought ehobby minibots from a great seller on these boards a little while ago. However, whenever I see them on ebay I like to watch them to see the prices go higher and higher. Well, tonight a MISB version ended for almost $600!!!!!

TRANSFORMERS G1 EHOBBY REISSUE MINIBOTS SET MISB! - eBay (item 250281741486 end time Aug-31-08 18:39:00 PDT)

So I decide to look at the buyers feedback to see what type of person would spend about 2-3 times the current price. Well, it seems like all he buys are the super rare ehobbys over and over again - specifically the ehobby minibot set:
    TRANSFORMERS E-Hobby Minibots Takara Reissue 2001 MISB - eBay (item 150278564927 end time Aug-08-08 18:05:00 PDT)
    Transformers Ehobby Minibots repaint *RARE* - eBay (item 200243758022 end time Aug-07-08 13:53:14 PDT)
    Transformers E-Hobby #84 - Destron Minibots MISB! - eBay (item 230274551385 end time Jul-28-08 18:37:41 PDT)

What is a buyer like this trying to accomplish? I am flabergasted. Does he need so many sets? Is he trying to flip it for higher? - He is already overpaying! Its buyers like this who dumbfound me and ruin the market for the rest of us.

We obviously don't even have to ask where he gets the money from.

Am I wrong to be a little upset? I feel like eBay has gotten way out of hand since the movie and people like this buyer marking up everything to extreme prices. But he is the straw that broke my back. He needs 4 of these in one month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i dont know anything but the guy spending 400+ for the jpn. rid convoy is a dumbfuck, plain and simple...dumbfuck. wait hold on .....yep he's easily the biggest dumbfuck out there, or the seller screwed this guy and the buyer is bidding on everything.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    This reminds me of the guy that bought up all those G1 Dreadwings (and trumpets). He had the market controlled for a while, anyway. Probably the same thing here...

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    My first assumption would be that he's buying all he can get to corner the market. Much Like Playidia (Jerk) does so he can mark up on the resale but..... this guy has no sales.

My second assumption would be that he has the money to burn and can simply do it. It is a free market after all and what anyone else does with thier money is none of my business and totally up to them.

5. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    but u never know he can use another ebay account to sell those toys and not know if its him or not.....

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nope, this guy has something against the seller, this has to be it. there is no legit answr to this ?, if there is one its gotta be the buyer has way too much money and has an IQ of a rock.

7. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    if he has something against the seller the seller would of block the buyer or it can be shill bidding.....we just dont know

8. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

I LOVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

They are the best thing to happen to our category.

9. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Hold on, Playidia is a jerk? Anything i should know?

Damn, i bought a loose Alternators Rollbar from him a month back. Still yet to recieve it though. The tracking number from USPS says status - Accepted since 4 Aug. Now i'm getting a little concerned.

Powerseller, my foot.

10. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some other great (*read 'extremely sad') auctions last night which he won:
    TRANSFORMERS SUPERLINK EHOBBY BLACK RODIMUS MISB C10! - eBay (item 250282543207 end time Aug-31-08 19:42:00 PDT)
    TRANSFORMERS GALAXY FORCE NOISEMAZE EXCLUSIVE WITH DVD! - eBay (item 250283609185 end time Aug-31-08 19:11:00 PDT)

EDIT: Also, I thinking that in order for him to win at these crazy prices there needs to be ANOTHER crazy person bidding below him such that this guy wins the auction at the other guy's highest price plus the bid increment.

11. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

400+ on a single toy........fuck me........its sad bastards like this that really make me hate this hobby of collecting transformers. Its bad enough Hasbro do these stupid CONVENTION exclusive boxsets which usually sell for like 300-400 ON 4 DAMN TOYS! NOTE THE WORD - TOYS!

seriously when did it become this bad AND SAD that people will spend over 80 on a toy robot? ok some real sad geeks who have no friends or a girlfriend that ONLY collect MISB items and yet leave them on a shelf to collect dust i can kinda understand.......actually on second thourght no i cant....

G1Transformer (the ebay seller) must be happy as a pig in poo considering all the money this guys getting off this sado.Personally i think the MP figures are my limit when it comes to cash (roughly 80) as i would NEVER spend over that for just a bloody toy. This seems totally stupid

the buyer is either getting them because
    1)he has no girlfriend and is a sad geek with no money problems
    2)lives with his parents and has a massive overdraft at his bank
    3)spending money off a credit card with no intention of paying any of it back
    4)is planning to buy alot of rare stuff and then in 7 months time try and sell them all at stupidly high prices

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    lol, nice reasonable, balanced, tolerant post there, hahahahahah

13. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why cant he just be someone with a gf or wife, with money, not living with his parents and can do whatever the hell the wants?

just cause thats the stereotype tossed around here doesnt always hold true.

14. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you know, if you had bothered to do a little research before launching into your ill advised rant, you would of noticed he has bought clothes for children, which could rule out "no girlfriend", "lives with parents", etc. it would seem he has a family of his own.

Oh and as far as criticising him on how much he spends, i feel you have probably offended large number of people who use this board, who i believe have spent the same amounts or more on a single toy.

15. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    or you know it could be a guy using a stolen account with a paypal account linked and he's just riding the wave until paypal or ebay shuts down the account which was either phished or stolen.

16. Sinestro

News Credits:
    doubtful, he paid $450.00 for henkei crystal prime back on 3rd of july, i think somone would of noticed by now if the account was stolen.

private auction for exsodia21 - eBay (item 110267361792 end time Jul-03-08 06:09:44 PDT)

17. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

He could easily be a peadofile or just someone buying shit at random. Ive seem loads of people buy shit at car-boot sales they have no need of and then they sell them on ebay to think they make a profit, they even do it on crap like sowing needles!

also dont you think thats just alittle pathetic then? ok yeah once in awhile we CAN and SHOULD splurge out on something special such as BT Rijie/Grand Maximus/MetalHawk/THS Black G1 Convoy ect ect but when it comes to the point were you wonder if this guy is even paying any of his electric/gas/food bills or anything like that......you kinda have to question just how sad someone can really be to spend so much on a little bit of plastic...
    i mean yeah we all love our hobby but step back and look at some of the figures sometimes and question yourself 'is something like Botcon Ricochet REALLY worth all that money?' somehow i dont think so. Thats why when i go looking for TFs i wont spend a fortune on them, for example i just purchased 8 Alternator Nemesis Primes each all MIB off 1 seller for $25 each. Now i could be a real scalper and sell these to you lot for $60 each and make a profit easily! i got these for friends instead however as i know most people out there dont wana spend $50-60 on a sodding BLACK Prime repaint! i love my hobby but sometimes the way fans go on about how rare stuff is and prices it just looks stupid and if anything makes people look at us all WITH the STEROTYPE -simpsons comic book store owner- look

18. Sinestro

News Credits:

the peadophile comment aside, in part i have to agree with you, at times i wonder why people spend so much on ebay, when if they took a little time looking around webstores etc. they would find the item a lot cheaper. I went back through his feedback and in total i found 4 Henkei Crystal Primes he has purchased, amounting to $830.00 spent. The last one being $450.00, yet if he bothered to look at BBTS or robotkingdom, they are selling for $200.00. Still at the end of the day its his money.

19. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow... pot. kettle. black.

Way to generalise there, Ghost Prime and jump to so many conclusions.
    It must be nice to sit on such a high horse. Does it add +5 to your mobility?
    You must be so intelligent after reading all those books just by looking at the covers.

I mean, lets not remember your sorded little history that you loved to share of past love with she/he/it and make grandeous observations about someone you don't even know.

And lets not forget that slight fact that you don't seem to want to pay for anything as well.

Also, I believe some people are still wanting your collection after you claimed the DS would be a failure and put your collection up as collateral.

People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.
    And invest in blinds.

20. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

200-450! HOLY SHIT! i could have gotten one for 60 last month! jesus christ i cant belive i passed up on that one....bugger me. when did he become so expensive