What is there to like about Power Rangers?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jorod74, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tell me if you've been here:
    You go to KB or TRU and on the action figure aisle, there is a wall like 12 feet long, and 8 feet high of nothing but Power Rangers.
    but there is only a section barely large enough to for a 3x3 figure grid of Gundams or some other figures that are more desirable.

what i wanna know is what is the deal with PR? what makes em great?
    i only see spoiled, oversugared kung fu wannabe tykes screaming for em.

Is it just me or all their vehicles and robots look and probably are bulky and dinky?

share yer opinions.

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

they dont even sell gundams stateside anymore do they?

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I personally don't like power rangers, but there are plenty of people who don't like transformers. To each his own, and if they don't have any TFs I am looking for, I hope someone can find the MMPR they need.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You answered your own question. The little kids are still into PR so the line is still going strong. Once they lose interest, so will the line. They seem to reinvent the line every year so it keeps being fresh and kids can start in anytime and not be lost by not knowing the series/events before.

5. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    PR's seems to act like they are on crack on tv, I dunno why they don't just show re runs of TF's and bail on the PR's. I have 4 nephews who love TF's and don't pay attn to PR's at all and never have.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The Walmart closest to my house can't give them away. For Christmas all they had left in the Action Figure Isle was one whole isle of Spider Man 3 and one whole isle of PR and none of it going anywhere.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Meh...

MMPR was awesome
    Zeo was solid
    Turbo was abyssmal
    In Space was good
    Lost Galaxy was good

Stopped watching regularly after that. Watched a season or two here or there (Lightspeed Rescue, Timeforce, and Wildforce, then parts of some others).

Mystic Force was just plain stupid (IMO), I didn't like the concept at all. The current season (Operation Overdrive) wasn't my cup of tea either. I do like the look of Jungle Fury however, may check it out.

As for the toys. Well the Megazords are pretty cool (some of them anyways), though they do remind me a bit of G1 Transformers (aka they are bricks), but some ain't too bad on posability..to an extent.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was the point...

ok, i know gundams aren't on the shelf anymore. but the point was PR taking up all the shelf space.

and it is the same for every wal-mart and TRU down here, with tons of PR and you can scrape dust off the packages...the only thing that collected more dust than PR was those Stan Winston monster figures he made a few years back.
    i need to be beaten within an inch of my life with a dead salmon for this, but honestly, I would prefer buying my own kids WWE figures than PR...
    But only because of the classic wrestlers you can buy and at least even the kid knows what wrestling really is.

9. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

They don't seam to sell, but the stores order more and more.

10. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

In response to this title thread: Giant combining robots?

I am a Power Ranger fan, but the new series looks promising. Not only that, but Bandai is releasing chase figures: Lord Zedd and Green Ranger (not the old molds, new ones that look exactly like they are on the show.)

It's just the company Bandai has done a horrendous job on recent PR:Overdrive releases. This year looks strong because they kept a lot of the functionality with their megazords this year.

The toys ARE getting better, but they just can't compare to the king: Transformers.

As for the TV show, it's so crappy. You can't go five minutes without a ranger striking a pose with a big explosion in the background. The show is cheesy, starting to screw with continuity like it never did before, and the acting plus CG just makes the show feel like a twenty-minute toy commercial.

I can't wait for Jungle Fury, but I really just wish the rumors of PR going animated is true.

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're shelf-warming over here too. Post-Christmas sales have started and shops have already cleared out the likes of Dr Who, TFs and Lego, yet there's shelf after shelf of SM3, Power Rangers and POTC stuff (some from Dead Man's Chest) that they just can't shift. Strange that the PR section at my local Woolworths is so well-stocked when they don't seem to be selling.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really fancy the US versions of the toys...I prefer the Japanese ones...they are seems to be made of better plastics and better paint jobs...but that's just my opinion.

13. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

They're also hella expensive. I was looking at buying some of them, but the US ones are 1/2 - 1/5 the cost. I haven't seen a Japenese original MMPR Megazord yet (Zyuranger, right?).

~X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.