What is the worst classic type figure ever made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, May 27, 2011.

1. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Galvatron

2. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm torn between Grimlock and Tankor...

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hands down it would have to be Grimlock,that figure just doesn't remind of Grimmy at all,he's too flat headed,the colors are crappy at best with not having the darker gray parts and that orange-y paint.No he basically sucks in my book,thats why my MP Grimlock is in his place instead.

As for Powerglide on here he has gotten a lot of neg publicity but for me he is one of the best since I worked on mine.So I say people shouldn't bad mouth him so much.

Finally my second worse classic fig is probably the first Starscream,his plastic was just to light gray it was almost transparent,but thankfully they fixed that with the second version.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Galvatron easy. I recently gave that mold another chance and was messing around with it and I got so irritated with it falling apart that I chucked it on the floor. Somehow it didn't break!

Also Hot Shot and Ironhide/Ratchet. Bad stuff.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Cheetor
    Grimlock
    Galvatron
    Hot Rod/ Rodimus

to those saying you don't like ironhide/ ratchet, want to sell them to me? I like that mold a lot, but never picked up ironhide and my ratchet's arm is a bit messed up due to qc.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Definitely Galvatron. Sheer frustration.

Agreed. The robot could use work, but his other forms rule and he's generally a lot of fun to transform.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Galvatron for sure.

Cheetor, while his beast mode is okay, his robot mode isn't the greatest.

Ironhide/Ratchet could have been better.

Oh yeah, and then there's Hot Shot.

8. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Galvatron for the thought of what could have been (if they only had made him a voyager).

Also Hot Shot for the sheer "WTF?!" in character choice. Yes, I am aware of why he made the cut, but still.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't disagree with most of the observations so far. I'll jump a little farther out of the box and say that while I love Straxus and Skullgrin, that's not an objectively good mold. His feet are rubbish and his robot mode feels fiddly, rather than elegant like Starscream or Cyclonus.

10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Grimlock, Ironhide/Ratchet and Octane (if not counting the 2 Beast Wars dudes).

I actually like Galvatron and Hot Shot :confused2 

Yeah, Galvatron is too small I agree but I think he looks cool.
    Though I tend to seldom transform my toys after I got them into robotmode, never botherd to revert Galvatron into a tank.

Hot Shot looks good to me, though I call him Freewheeler (a Micromaster) and I have the Henkei version so he's got two cool guns :D 

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Galvatron is worse than Straxus, but Straxus is a bit overrated (again, the mold, NOT the design, if that makes sense) and Galvatron is a bit under-. His size is actually correct next to Cyclonus, and his alt-mode looks cool. It's just that his transformation sucks, he's fragile, he has a huge fiddly backpack, and regrettably, the choice of alt-mode crashes the show-accuracy of the robot mode.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Why all the hate for Octane/Tankor? I like that figure, pretty cool for a triple changer.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, not my favourite figure, either. It looks great in either mode, but getting there is a major pain. Slotting the pickaxe into the hollows of the legs, and slipping the shoulders past the treads without popping the treads off always feels so awkward.

I can't condone any of the hate for Galvatron. But then again, I've got one with decent joints. Would've been better at larger scale, for sure. But that it works at the smaller scale just makes the engineering even more impressive. I absolutely love the right arm transformation.

14. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    As a complete Rodimus fanboy, it pains me to choose... Rodimus!

Yeah car mode is gorgeous, but the bot mode is such a pathetic update for the character. overly bulky, awful articulation, weak headsculpt... I always try to like it but I just can't. He's not a fun toy. Galvatron sucks due to poor QC more than anything and Ironhide suffers from deco choices, but Rodimus just fails at being the toy I wanted him to be.

Thank god for MP Rodimus. My childhood grail finally arrived. (and I avoided all QC issues! am I the chosen one?)

15. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Ironhide - complicated transformation, blue face instead of gray
    Mirage - Too skinny and fragile
    Megatron (voyager) - ugly ass colors did it for me, Henkei version is pretty sweet though
    Roadbuster - I love Roadbuster, but his face didn't match up at all, and wasn't heavily armed enough. I sold mine originally, but I am thinking of buying another one with the upgrade set, which will be worth it.

I refused to buy Cheetor, Hot Shot and Dinobot at the stores, I have had had enough of those three.

16. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same, probably cause I got one VERY late in the game from HTS. Same with my Prowl, whose paint isn't quite godawful.

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Mirage is one of the BEST classics figures. He looks awesome in both modes and has amazing articulation. Heathen!

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Personally, I like his bot mode better than both of them. Though he's a pain to transform so I'd take points off for that. People like to herald Cyclonus as "a perfect deluxe," but his arm articulation is kinda lacking and his vehicle mode is silly

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah I was going to list that mold, but fearful of a backlash. I just don't think it's a good toy. Don't like the altmode. Don't like that they went with an earthmode for a Cybertronian character. I don't really like anything about it, other than the character being a cool choice. It's highly overrated.

I'd also list:

Classics deluxe Megatron.

RTS Perceptor

Universe Ultra class

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

GRIMLOCK. i win.

i have one available for trade 100% mint as well. : )