What is the worst classic figure so far? and why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kwickstrike, Feb 3, 2009.

1. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    like the title says, what is the worst classic line figure. 2.0 included

optimus and megs 2 pack not counted

one decpticon and one auto bot

if this is one of those threads that are always coming up by all means, close this thread

dec. - tankor (i just dont like him, they could have done a lot better with him, it feels like they rushed it)
    auto. - grimlock (far from show accuracy, i like g1's better)

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm..So Far the only one I dont like is Tankor. As you said he seems Rushed and just looks IMO odd.

3. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Should be counted, those figures were horrible.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Bots- Prowl but I only say that cause the lack of detail and bad QC with him
    Cons- I dont really have one I really like Galvatron and Octankor and other than them I only have Acid Storm for Classics Cons lol

and I actually really like Octankor I think he rocks

5. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    they werent included cuz i know how bad they suck and i knew everyone would pick them

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not really.

Prime's bot mode is fantastic, very nice posable G1 Prime, great weapon, and outside of a visible head and non-telescoping legs his alt mode isn't that bad (could peg together a bit better though). And Megs is great, outside of his cannon arm not staying on.

Anyways, of the ones I have, I'd say Cheetor is the weakest.

7. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    those arent small faults. thats enough for a lot of people to hate them. and megs not having a hand, both the lame ass gimicks, the removable smoke stacks on prime that are pretty much designed to be lost, the show inaccuracy, and the cheap plastic aside, they are good figures

8. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

yeah, Cheetor looks like his designers could'nt decide which incarnation they should emulate.

9. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Autobots - Prowl and his lookalikes. I love everything about them except the necks. Most depictions have it looking like a piece of chest armor, from which the neck emerges internally. The Classics version has the car hood as the torso piece, making Prowl look like he's wearing a turtleneck or Burmese neck rings.

Decepticon - Galvatron. He's too floppy and really needed to be a voyager size. The tank bits also look a bit foreign on him in robot mode. It's not horrible, but aesthetically, I would expect a tank bot to look differently. His non-tank parts are too sleek comparatively, and it's almost like his colors are at war - grey in tank mode, purple in bot mode, with very little mixing. Not a bad figure, per se, but it doesn't really work for me as a Galvatron.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Con- Octane. Just looks rushed. Looks nothing like the rest of the other figures it came out with.

Bot- Smokescreen. The colors are a little too much for me.

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    bot - grimlock.. one of my least favorite molds, i dont like the way the dino head turns into the legs etc..

con - galvatron. although i actually like the mold, its so frustrating to transform, it just ends up being a very poor figure

12. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Bot - None, love all of them

Cons - Octane.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobot: Grimlock. I finally gave in and bought the figure so I can't say it's that horrible, but yeah the 'feet' will always bother me and the 'tail as whip' thing didn't impress me. I don't know if it was the designers thinking 'we can't have the exact same transformation as G1, even if it works well, because that'll feel lazy...let's do this instead!' but honestly, I would've settled with a tweaked G1 transformation and mold. The Animated Grimlock is solid and is a better G1 homage than the Classics figure.
    Decepticon: Galvatron. I've never cared for Galvatron, Cyclonus or Scourge figures, but have been wowed as most on here by the Classics Cyclonus. Galvatron, on the other hand, was very boring. Another figure that's a size too small (to me, it's in the same position as Movie Bonecrusher), and both vehicle and robot modes were uninspiring. Plus I wonder if they could've pulled off Galvatron as a cannon and not a tank, bringing it closer to it's original alt. mode (but staying away from the transforming toy gun issues that come up with Megatron and Shockwave).

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The only Autobots I don't own are Superion, Powerglide, Treadbolt, and now Overload (but I don't think that really counts). So I'll go with those being my worst. So bad I don't even want to buy them. I could list my reasons, but I've done so so many times already (except about Treadbolt, I just didn't get him because he's a repaint).

With the Decepticons, again I don't own the ultra class guys or the repaints from previous lines. With that, I don't own a Galvatron. I think it's the only deluxe of the entire line I don't own (unless you want to count Acid Storm). It's just not Galvatron.

That said, I actually really like Grimlock and Octane/"Tankor." But I keep Grimlock in dino-mode, don't care for the bot-mode all that much and he always fought in dino-mode anyway. Octane I originally hadn't planned on buying. I just picked one up one day from TRU because there wasn't anything else I wanted. But he was a nice surprise. I actually like the guy. Sure he's got flaws, but so does every other toy here on my shelf.

15. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

Cheetor, i mean really, it's meth kitty. the backpack kibble is just waay too chunky, and the changing eye gimmick is too big of an intrusion than anything.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Lynch me if you want, but I don't like the seeker mold. The nosecone hanging off the head the way it does, limiting articulation, the stubby little arms. About the only things good about it are the jet mode, and the legs.

17. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    2.0 Galvatron is the worst to me, by far. Probably the worst TF I bought last year.
    He's just so fiddly in the transformation and his bot mode is rather tricky to get him to even stand up for me half the time.

With him it's less about getting to hold a cool pose as it is getting him to just not constantly topple over. Very poor and it sucks because I really wanted an updated Galvatron--I just wish this wasn't what we got.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Silverbolt and Onslaught.

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I actually really like tankor, I think he's a really well done toy, and Grimlock is just a bad grimlock not a bad toy to me, I love him as overkill, although to me it looks more like BM Dinobot.

Now worst con: got to go with galvatron, its got a lot of good ideas but they just don't work on a toy that size.

Worst bot: Cheetor, its not really as good as the orginal although ironhide gets a mention due to his awful paint aps, really the light blue windows need to go.

20. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobot - Ironhide. Love the Bot mode hate the Alt mode.\
    Con - Galvatron - Just hate everything about it.